Sign in to follow this  
Theos

Coffee Plants

Coffee Votes  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should coffee be added to the current list of crops?

• Yes, a small decrease in action timers from coffee would be a welcome change.
    • No, there are enough crops already.
    • Yes, but a different benefit should be considered.

I like the variation of crops already present in the game, but I think there's definitely room for more. I haven't seen a suggestion post for this yet.

It would be great to add coffee to the current crop list. It could be grown much the same as everything else.

Coffee beans could be ground in a grinding wheel and the grounds could then be brewed.

The resultant beverage could be drunk to give a slight decrease to action timers currently in place, with the amount of decrease based on the QL of the coffee beverage. This decrease would have to be ratio-based as some action timers are currently very short, and it may not be possible to reduce them by more than a couple seconds.

Edited by Theos

I like the coffee idea, but I don't think drinking coffee should shorten timers. What about speeding up stamina regen?

• Like 2

Ack, no timer reduction. Increased stam regin MMMMMM...I could live with that. As long as it was (very) marginal.

• Like 1

Some sort of buff would be cool, QL of beverage being factored in of course.

I like the coffee idea, but I don't think drinking coffee should shorten timers. What about speeding up stamina regen?

Or perhaps even a non-resting stam regain. Like you get 1% extra stamina per 5 seconds regained, regardless of what you are doing... running, working, resting?

I don't mind reducing the action timer for a short burst, but it should be balanced with a penalty of some kind.

+1. Just not timers, maybe success chance, stamina regen small bonus ~1-5%

I don't mind reducing the action timer for a short burst, but it should be balanced with a penalty of some kind.

How about increasing your thirst timer by the same percentage?

Normally I tend to have logical rationale behind my thoughts, but since I drink the equivalent of a tanker truck of coffee every day, I'm throwing that out the door. :P I've wanted coffee beans in Wurm since I first started. lol

Seriously though, it'd be a neat addition. I'm not sure how it would apply in Wurm with the current mechanics, but early on coffee was reserved for the priesthood and doctors. It was used by priests to keep them alert during scribing and long worship rites, and doctors prescribed it for a multitude of ailments that aren't really applicable in Wurm right now. There's one possibility that shows promise in natural substances though, since it can be used to make a light brown or golden-colored dye. Maybe it could find some use there to get it started?

Fatigue!!!

Whilst I could see the application, fatigue isn't a realistic option for two big reasons:

1) fatigue is primarily an anti-macro coding part of the game

2) many, many people don't ever get close to draining that counter, and would therefore have zero use for the plant.

Stamina regen bonus is a good option if people don't want to go for a tiny reduction to action timers.

Edited by Theos

As someone who has hit it ~10 times from grinding, I would have killed for a cup of coffee.

What about something a little more prominent, like 0 stamina use for a period of time based on the QL of the coffee and then counter that with 3x as much time after the duration ends you have 0 stamina.

As an example, let's say I drink a cup that has a QL that gives me 20 seconds of stamina immunity, I then use it to, idk, climb, or more beneficially, use it to mine ore. After the 20 seconds end I have a full 60 seconds of pure downtime that I really can't do anything. The 'downtime' effect could be as simple as dropping stamina regen to 0 for the 60 seconds, so you could potentially use more coffee, wine, or one of the many refresh spells/abilities to manually restore stamina until the 60 seconds ends.