Sign in to follow this  
Julepalme

Cordage Rope Creation Material Amount.

Recently noticed that cordage rope was changed without a notice in the patch notes?

Before the stealth nerfs:

0.65kg wemp fibre made 0.65kg cordage rope and also noticed cordage ropes taken from bsb's would be 0.5kg

After the nerf (which i guess was to make it consistent to either 0.5kg or 0.65kg)

0.65kg wemp fibre makes 0.5kg ropes.. and still 0.5kg when taken from bsb.

Did you forget to adjust the creation amount to match the rope amount?

otherwise this means we get 30% less favor pr kg out of wemp.fibre.

Please bring the material used down to 0.5kg instead of 0.65kg to bring it back in line with pre patch and keeping it consistent.

Actually, from memory this is how it used to always work (0.65kg, 0.15 lost on creation) until it "broke" at some point with I believe all the timers and creation updates/changes roughly a year or so ago. As far as I'm aware, the 0.65kg creation weight was just a (convenient) bug.

Actually, from memory this is how it used to always work (0.65kg, 0.15 lost on creation) until it "broke" at some point with I believe all the timers and creation updates/changes roughly a year or so ago. As far as I'm aware, the 0.65kg creation weight was just a (convenient) bug.

Yes, it was always 0.5kg rope for 0.65kg wemp fibre. Most items have waste when creating, and rope weight of 0.50kg has always been the norm. It also uses that for adding to catapults or wells, which is why I am running around with 0.15kg ropes to drag animals. Ropes and cordage ropes use the same amount of material. This is not a bug, just a bug that took too long to fix.

Edited by Wulfgar

Actually, Julepalme is the most correct, MrGary and Wulfgar are mistaken. I make cordage ropes every 2-3 days and noticed the change. It used to be that you would use 0.65 kg of wemp to make a 0.60 kg cordage rope, 0.05 kg lost. As of this week it changed and now uses 0.65 to produce a 0.50 cordage rope. I reported this in another bug thread, http://forum.wurmonl...-small-barrels/ . From that post the wiki got updated to show what is going on now. That thread also shows the other change/problem. After creation of a cordage rope it will not fit in a small barrel until it is put in a bsb and removed. Makes it a pain to try to bulk create some cordage and store it until you are ready to put them in your bsbs. To explain, I make a lot of ropes, then sort them into 10 different bsbs by ql to keep as much ql as possible. I have no problem with the finished weight change, but it is just silly to have to put them into a bsb before they fit in small barrels again.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Actually, Julepalme is the most correct, MrGary and Wulfgar are mistaken. I make cordage ropes every 2-3 days and noticed the change. It used to be that you would use 0.65 kg of wemp to make a 0.60 kg cordage rope, 0.05 kg lost. As of this week it changed and now uses 0.65 to produce a 0.50 cordage rope. I reported this in another bug thread, http://forum.wurmonl...-small-barrels/ . From that post the wiki got updated to show what is going on now. That thread also shows the other change/problem. After creation of a cordage rope it will not fit in a small barrel until it is put in a bsb and removed. Makes it a pain to try to bulk create some cordage and store it until you are ready to put them in your bsbs. To explain, I make a lot of ropes, then sort them into 10 different bsbs by ql to keep as much ql as possible. I have no problem with the finished weight change, but it is just silly to have to put them into a bsb before they fit in small barrels again.

Are you sure about this? Years ago I certainly recall cordage ropes (this affected normal ropes too!) coming out 0.5kg with the 0.15kg waste, and revision history on the wiki (however correct/incorrect it may be) shows 0.5kg cordage from the page creation in 2008. Also consider the fact that certain combined wemp amounts would make the 0.65kg ropes, where smaller ones would make the normal 0.5 kg ropes...

A fairly old bug was fixed. Since failures were made less harsh, consuming a small portion of materials instead of wasting the full amount required, some item types that normally have some extra weight lost on success have had variable weights depending on the weight of material used in making them, though the same amount of material was actually consumed. If you used below a certain weight of material, the product would have the old weight that was less than the weight of material consumed, but above that weight of material the product would have weight equal to the full weight of material consumed, but either way the same amount of material would be consumed.

For example, with the bug, if using 0.65 kg or 1.00 kg of wemp fibre in making a cordage rope the resulting cordage rope would weigh 0.5 kg (the weight they were produced with before the bug was introduced, which has remained their default weight, as can be identified using bulk storage bins), but if using 1.30 kg or 2.00 kg of wemp fibre in making it the cordage rope would weigh 0.65 kg (the full weight of wemp fibre actually consumed), but either way it would consume 0.65 kg of wemp fibre. It's worth noting that regular ropes and mooring ropes were also affected by this bug in exactly the same way. There were also other item types affected, though the exact weights vary from one item type to another. The bug was particularly noteworthy for making strings of cloth, as with them it allowed producing twice the weight of string, and the lost weight of material became rags that could be made into even more string, allowing production of more weight of string than there was weight of cotton to begin with.

I also checked some of the other item types I'm aware of that were affected, and all the ones I've checked so far are back to being produced consistently at their old weights.

Are you sure about this? Years ago I certainly recall cordage ropes (this affected normal ropes too!) coming out 0.5kg with the 0.15kg waste, and revision history on the wiki (however correct/incorrect it may be) shows 0.5kg cordage from the page creation in 2008. Also consider the fact that certain combined wemp amounts would make the 0.65kg ropes, where smaller ones would make the normal 0.5 kg ropes...

Very sure about this. What you see in the wiki today, in spite of the date, was added this week when I first reported the problem with them fitting in small barrels. If you read the thread I listed, you will see that bwg updated it the same day I reported the change. The only change he had to make was the finished weight. I know what it was before this change, as I am a Vynoran priest and make cordage ropes in bulk 2-3 times a week. And like I said, I don't have a problem with the loss of wemp during creation, but this silly bug of them not fitting in a small barrel until after they have been in a bsb needs fixed.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Very sure about this. What you see in the wiki today, in spite of the date, was added this week when I first reported the problem with them fitting in small barrels. If you read the thread I listed, you will see that bwg updated it the same day I reported the change. The only change he had to make was the finished weight. I know what it was before this change, as I am a Vynoran priest and make cordage ropes in bulk 2-3 times a week. And like I said, I don't have a problem with the loss of wemp during creation, but this silly bug of them not fitting in a small barrel until after they have been in a bsb needs fixed.

:huh: How does an initial page showing 0.5kg from 2008 get added this week? Telurius and I also gave examples of smaller weight wemp giving the normal 0.5kg ropes, and others remember them coming out 0.5kg very well. Just remember that this 0.65kg rope bug has been ingame for probably a year or so, when you consider when you made those ropes.

:huh: How does an initial page showing 0.5kg from 2008 get added this week? Telurius and I also gave examples of smaller weight wemp giving the normal 0.5kg ropes, and others remember them coming out 0.5kg very well. Just remember that this 0.65kg rope bug has been ingame for probably a year or so, when you consider when you made those ropes.

Don't know what to say about the history in the wiki, but it is missing some revision history info at the very least. Looks like we can't trust the history to be any more correct than the wiki itself. When I put in my report earlier this week the wiki DID say the rope came out at 0.60 finished (I checked before I made the report) and bwg corrected it when I made the report. I also know that when I started making cordage ropes in bulk a year or more ago they always came out at 0.60 when complete. I know this because I noticed that the number of ropes would increase when I added them to the bsb. A little testing showed me the size difference before and after they went into the bsb, which explained the increase in the number of ropes. I considered it to be the same as some other items that get split or reduced in size when put in a bsb (just like scorpion cochineals or lava fiend charcoals). I can't remember exactly when I realized the size differences, but I know it was before the Christmas 2011 impalong.

I still don't consider this to be the real issue right now, whatever the weights. My issue is only that the ropes won't fit into a small barrel until after they go into a bsb. That is just silly.

Edited by Vroomfondel

so lightweight ropes are now priceless?

• Like 1