Sign in to follow this  
Orias

Multiple Pets! Wave Of The Future For Beastmasters!

As simply put as the name says really I would enjoy a system to which one can have multiple pets like someone can have multiples in real life granted I know this is wurm and not real life.

Reasons:

• Multiple pets such as dual bears or hellhorses will let you hitch them to carts without needing a buddy

• Breeding aggressive creatures becomes a bit easier (zookeepers would love)

• Moving animals such as deer etc becomes less of a hassle (tame one lead it tame another lead it we all know the drill)

I'm not saying have multiple taming off the bat but have it like caring for animals but a bit harder. At certain levels you can hold a certain amount of animals with a combined strength total of whatever. Such as 2 dogs would be easier to dual than 2 bears at say level 10 but wiki is like a reccomended taming of 15 for a bear so something like twice that would let you hold two bear or some such way.

• Like 2

+1, at 70 taming let you have 2 pets. Don't go any farther than that though.

• Like 2

+1, at 70 taming let you have 2 pets. Don't go any farther than that though.

Yea make it hard but at least have multiple at some point for breeding purposes.

If this is going to be done then 30, 50, 70 & 90 should get additional pets.

But......there must be a Primary pet function that sets only one pet as the Primary Pet that can attack targets.

Secondary pets would only be for safe keeping and the ability to log off with them.

Having it only work at 70 I think is way to far into skilling.

• Like 3

If this is going to be done then 30, 50, 70 & 90 should get additional pets.

But......there must be a Primary pet function that sets only one pet as the Primary Pet that can attack targets.

Secondary pets would only be for safe keeping and the ability to log off with them.

Having it only work at 70 I think is way to far into skilling.

Thus why i thought in the first post to have it for multiple strengths of animals since they lose loyalty based on strength iirc

+1 ... like Protunia's 30, 50, 70 and 90 suggestion.

Protunia actually agreed to something? This must be put in!!! >.<.

+1 I'd love to effectivly have a bear farm XD

+1

Protunia's sub-suggestion is more sensible, but might be exxagerated, since by default you can't lead more than 3 animals anyhow, so maybe 30, 60, 90?

Yes for Pve, No for PvP servers. Now just hope Rolf will actually consider splitting the code... :(

PVP servers always getting kicked in the ass not getting any the cool ideas..Don't care about balance pvp is never balanced so seeing a guy with 4 animals wouldn't be bad because i would prob have 4 also.

• Like 1

after all the pet nerfs, finally a suggestion that would return the value of the taming skill to the game.

This post, I like it.

Yes for Pve, No for PvP servers. Now just hope Rolf will actually consider splitting the code... :(

This...

Yeah, if PvP servers didn't get this, I would be all in favor of many pets, not just 2.

I like having two for sure not sure we need more then that but the two for sure sounds like it would be helpful in many ways.

I think Protunia's suggestion that only the 1st animal be the attack animal should cover any pvp issues. It could also be made so you can't assign which is 1st animal during combat, so if the current 1st dies you don't get to switch to another. That should be enough to allow it on both servers and not try to force Rolf to split the code on servers.

• Like 1

I don´t get all this split code situation, i think is used as a excuse just to no implement certain thing someone don´t like. You can pickup ships you don´t own in pvp servers, but can´t on freedom outside chaos, you have misions on pvp servers and same not working on freedom, you can attack people on pvp servers, same as steal, none of this work on pve, etc. etc. This mean the infamous code split isn´t needed, is pretty clear that they can implement a feature for one server and disble it for the others.

I don´t get all this split code situation, i think is used as a excuse just to no implement certain thing someone don´t like. You can pickup ships you don´t own in pvp servers, but can´t on freedom outside chaos, you have misions on pvp servers and same not working on freedom, you can attack people on pvp servers, same as steal, none of this work on pve, etc. etc. This mean the infamous code split isn´t needed, is pretty clear that they can implement a feature for one server and disble it for the others.

This comes up because Rolf has in the past said he was unable to implement some features only on 1 server without splitting the code, and he was unwilling to do that. Without knowing how he has coded the game it is hard to know what can (or can't) be implemented with an on/off toggle depending on the server.

Edited by Vroomfondel

+1...a must have for people...could require multiple skills to be at like 30-40...not that hard to implement either...and wouldn't affect the economy much...

+/-

i dont really mind all the breeders around freedom isles and it would be nice for them to have additional options.

but:

please, please add something so not all the aggros got penned up and/or thus we get the issue of low spawning rate with aggros also (its allready at bottom with all the hellhorse-breeding). So maybe a cooldown on 2nd/3rd taming or adding tags to aggros beein tamed once. Tags could be something like locked to a certain beastmaster or maybe some CR-nerf, dk.

+/-

i dont really mind all the breeders around freedom isles and it would be nice for them to have additional options.

but:

please, please add something so not all the aggros got penned up and/or thus we get the issue of low spawning rate with aggros also (its allready at bottom with all the hellhorse-breeding). So maybe a cooldown on 2nd/3rd taming or adding tags to aggros beein tamed once. Tags could be something like locked to a certain beastmaster or maybe some CR-nerf, dk.

I wouldn't worry too much about aggro breeding. Besides needing both tamed to breed them, they eat meat and must be fed A LOT to keep them fat enough to give birth. Lots of issues to make breeding aggros harder that will keep bred populations down.

2 pets at 70 with max taming level split in half is about the most I'd +1