Sign in to follow this  
Puertorro

Close

I decided and started creating a land bridge to Eminence island. I am going to need a lot of dirt and help for this to happen. I will be buying most of the dirt and do it all myself if i dont get help since my diggin is at 85 ;)

Please if you can help let me know, this is a great opportunity to skill up your terraforming skills and also open new land for noobs.

Edited by Puertorro

That looks like it'll be quite the detour for people who need to sail from the mystery glade area to the west...

• Like 1

land bridge? seriously? people on that island volunteered to settle there knowing it was isolated. Move to the mainland if you don't like it but don't put a road across boat paths unless you plan to deed it all. Otherwise people will dredge it out.

• Like 1

I don't understand why people settle on islands if they want to have mainland access. Rolf generates maps with lots of islands on them to cater to those who want to live on one, and it's selfish to only consider yourself when doing something like this as that island is quite large, and quite a few people travel through that waterway on a daily basis.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

Makes me wonder now if you are the one who has 'closed' the Deli/Indy boat bridge road. Smart move Einstein.

Wonder how much backing you will get to help with this.

Dont say you are doing it to make more free land for noobs...i walk that road quite often and there is plenty of free space there and also everywhere else on the map. You are just selfish and doing it for only you.....so i see your new post. I dont believe you.

whatever.

• Like 1

If I was selfish I would build it because no one can stop me. so please save your insults.

• Like 1

Isn't this like your second topic about doing this? You would think you got it from the last one that this is a terrible idea.

• Like 1

Heh the thing I see here you just want to make a crossing for cattles you can't find in eminence and I can relate to that as I wish I . No need to candy coat it with opening new lands for newbs but also no need to make permanent landbridge.

Here is an idea that might works depend on how you communicate it.

1. Make your deed bigger so you can fit in many animals.

2. Talk to your neighborhood: Facepalm alliance that you want to make temporary landbridge for X days / weeks.

3. Make your landbridge.

4. Put a sign on landbridge saying sorry it just temporary till date X

5. Haul the animals to the island.

6. Destroy the landbridge.

Or a more permanent solution:

1. Make another deed on mainland.

2. ???

3. Profit.

If I was selfish I would build it because no one can stop me. so please save your insults.

Yes, you are selfish because you posted about this before...got a negative response, yet you decided to go ahead with it anyway just so you can have different animals on your farm. From what i have seen, no one else from that island has voiced an opinion that this landbridge is wanted or needed...so to me, that equals selfishness because you just disregarded everything anyone else said for something that YOU want.

Roses second option for a permanent solution would work quite well for you i think.

Done.

Just let the thread go. thats the reason I put close on it. I can live w/o the animals since I have other projects to work on like keep expanding my deed. Again if I was selfish I could just continue on buildiing or even worse, switch my deed to that area and close it all off for my deed. Remember as long as I follow game mechanics and I dont grief anyone, im fine.

Rose you are right, I could build it then destroy it but knowing how much ppl would complain I rather just give it up. Like I said I will keep expanding my deed to the east and who knows, maybe 5 years from now ill be able to conect it to mainland. ;)

As far as this thread please stop posting and let it die. I know I started the drama and I want to be the one to end it. Just let it die with the bridge idea.

I support your bridge idea, although it died.  Good luck with future bridges!

As a reminder; people in the game don't seem to like land bridges much due to the restraint on sea travel, however slopes can be built down into the water and animals lead through the water, which would still allow boats to pass.  Helpful hints!

no, slope that allows animals past doesnt allow big boats to past. And people already told you this on your infamous thread :/ .

no, slope that allows animals past doesnt allow big boats to past. And people already told you this on your infamous thread :/ .

Odd, I've lead horses through deep waters with no trouble at all, but now you tell me they can't pass in such waters?  Something doesn't add up.

Odd, I've lead horses through deep waters with no trouble at all, but now you tell me they can't pass in such waters?  Something doesn't add up.

What she means is slopes that allow you to ride an animal past will only allow a row boat, sail boat, and a knarr to sail past.

What she means is slopes that allow you to ride an animal past will only allow a row boat, sail boat, and a knarr to sail past.

Also Rasu, the animals that can't swim won't be able to be led through the water. Like a deer, chicken etc...