Sign in to follow this  
Nadroj

Multi-Storey Needing Carpentry And Masonry Skill - Intended?

Wondering if there is some kind of masonry requirement added onto the need for 99 carpentry to reach 15 floors of a house?

Basically with 99 carp i can plan 15 floors and i can build wooden walls up to that height but with stone walls i eventually receive the message:

[09:41:11] Construction of walls is reserved for craftsmen of higher rank than yours.

Is this supposed to mean that to make a 15 storey building with stone walls i need 99 carpentry AND 99 masonry!?

seems rough if thats the case but would be good to know

[09:41:11] Construction of walls is reserved for craftsmen of higher rank than yours.

Is this supposed to mean that to make a 15 storey building with stone walls i need 99 carpentry AND 99 masonry!?

Yes. For example if you have more masonry skill then carpentry skill, you just need someone with a higher carp to plan the house walls and floor for you before you can build the stone wall there.

Carpentry, masonry and paving follow the same skill/story curve. So if you have 90 carp, 95 masonry and 70 paving for example, you can

_plan the walls and build wood floor/ladders/walls up to the 10th story

_build stone walls on the planned walls up to the 11th story (but since you can't plan that high you need someone with higher skill to plan)

_build non-wood floor up to the 9th story

Seems maddeningly complex :( Now i have a tower with the top few floors made of wood and it makes me sad.

Seems maddeningly complex :( Now i have a tower with the top few floors made of wood and it makes me sad.

I know what you mean: i need to go for 95 masonry to 98 masonry to finish the 3 last stories of my tower. Or hope they add metal walls and use the blacksmithing skill for it so i can have a metal top. Edited by Serpentarius