Sign in to follow this  
Lolabelle

How Did You Get Your Wurm Name?

I have the name now 15 years. In memory of my deceased horse.

• Like 1

Eyesgood as in "I am good" as in I only play good-aligned characters in MMO's.

Embolism was my mothers name.... ...... :ph34r:

Maybe were related because my dear old dad once said "I've had an Embolism."

Favorite element is water; and rain is my favorite weather

as for other names...

Archiplex - Pure creativity. Somehow means "First strike" or "Main Strike", etc.

Busaiko - Busaiku means ugly-faced.

Kswords - short for Kutlass H. Swords

Kutlass - character from Donkey Kong Country 2 who wields dual cutlass.

H. - Just a middle initial

Swords - I love swords and other bladed weapons but mainly swords.

Edited by Kswords

Guild Wars was released in 2005 so I randomly came up with the name Xallo as it sounded good with the last name of Sedai. Not really sure how, but it came to me I suppose.

A few months later I got into Wurm for the first time, but I had picked a previous name. I forgot my password to that account, so I created Xallo at the start of Gold 2 instead.

This is wonderful guys thanks so much for contributing. Please keep adding your stories.

I use character names from D&D campaigns in the pre-dawn of the game.

Over the years its distilled itself down to one of three names for male or female toons. It always annoys me that in some games gender gets fixed because I like to try and make an appropriate character in my eyes, not the devs.

I learned of Wurm through one of the admin for an rp-enforced Star Wars MUD. Klaa was the name for a Defel char I was playing at the time, so I used the same name. Its a slight wordplay akin to some others Ive used such as Karrde or Klaal Ursuul.

My name is a composition of saying "Räyh" and "Argh" and shaped into sensible "name" based on the troll singing in; http://www.newground...rtal/view/70042

Edit; The explanation? Name was for troll Skald... Skalds fought with shouting so hard at others they caused stuns or damage etc... :P

Edited by Raybarg

When i started playing wurm i was 14 and had been using "Flonzo" in every game up until then. On a whim when a friend showed me Wurm i decided i was bored of that name but couldn't think of a clever new one, so under the impression that Wurm couldn't possibly capture me enough to matter i simply reversed my real forename.

Now i'm 23 and i'm stuck with the name Nadroj haha.

Flonzo sounds better in my opinion

I was looking for mighty name, so I choose Dragon. Plain dragon wasn't good enough, so I added mob after it.

My alt's name, Medriv, came from WoW. It's the name of my dwarf hunter.

all my toons names are just from pen and paper games i'm unimaginitive and use the same ones.

G.T. Wander is my pen and stage name.

My character "Aloof" is from my rap phase (long ago) where I was "A. Loof" aka "M.C. Mimic".

(Rather... "M.C. Mimic a.k.a. A. Loof" was the exact phrase I used, but whatevs)

Edited by GTwander

I wanted that my wurm name would of been Sparky, but Sparky was taken and I was eating tacos when I was making my character. So the name became Sparkytaco.

• Like 2

He the other mayor in my alliance was eating pizza when registering, so he called himself Nomnom (;

I made my name up at a young age when making my first battle.net account for Diablo 1 :) Stuck ever since, 11 years later.

Edited by Mypoppy

This was the name I made up years ago for my priestess on Ragnarok Online. It's supposed to be derived from 'verity' or 'veritas' which is Latin for 'truth', but I switched letters around until it sounded OK and wasn't already taken by another player.

A long time ago, I went by the name "hunterohunted" in some old FPS game. Then it was shortened to "Erohun" (the letters in the center of it) and then "Arowhun."

Edited by Sir Arowhun

whenever the first xbox came out and i was still young(er), i needed a gamertag and obviously my name being Matt, it had to be in there somehow and my brother suggested Matt0wn3r, though i'm not sure really what it means i've always stuck with it regardless. wurm didn't allow numbers for usernames so then it became mattown and mattowns not matt town

and naturerunner was just a random name i made up composed of two random words together

Edited by Mattown

Oh, and this is where my GM name came from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphron

Although I didn't research carefully enough (didn't read wiki until later) and thought it was a female until after I'd created the account >.<

I also rather liked the shortened version that I knew would likely be used on occasion: Epi :)

Mine came from the best movie ever.

it is a good movie