Sign in to follow this  
Lolabelle

How Did You Get Your Wurm Name?

Just thought it would be fun if everyone posted the story of their wurm names.

Mine came form years ago. Most little kids could not say my name "Laura" so i became Lala or Lola.

Hubby started calling me Lolabelle

and that is how it all started.

• Like 2

Been using a variation of this name since i created the original for a pen and paper game of Runequest (3rd edition .. chaoisum is missed and Gene Day was a brilliant artist) many many moons ago

My name is rather obvious, I took it from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I may or may not be a philosopher. My alt, Handsomestranger, I took the name from an old western starring Arnold Schwarzenegger called The Villain. Arnold played Handsome, went around saying My mother named me after my father. Hilarious movie, also starred Kirk Douglas and Ann Margaret.

This wass came from m days in DAOC. Made a scout in Albion, was an inconnu, short little sucker. Wanted to give a small name, tried Shrimpy, Shrimpe, Shrimp, then finally Shrimpiie was born ;D

Used it for lots of my game names including this one and Minecraft.

Also have another name that I use, Cheezball. Got that when I was trying to figure out a name for my computer a long time ago, a friend suggested it out of the blue, and I went with it. Used it for a troll berzerker on DAOC, and as an alt in this game along with variations to the name like Cheezy, mostly I use it as a tougher name for my RPG gaming and some other side flash games.

Lingbo is an anagram for Goblin

Zcyre is a numeric anagram of my real name.

Griebo is a numeric anagram for Goblin.

i like knives(due to self defense classes showing how fun they could be) but didn't want a name like knivesonly or knifing4days(use play cod a lot) so thought of the slang word shank but wasn;t enough so i added iest and was like bam new username.

Always use rosedragon as my internet identity. My real name is Rosi and I like obsessed of dragons. Fond of roses too. Was using Rith the awakener from magic the gathering before rosedragon, and many other nicknames that doesn't last too long. I was forced out of a community and decide I that changing name is like starting a new. Was wanting a nickname that I won't change either.

Radni is a Dwarf name I contrived for Lord of the Rings online.

Use it as my new name for a lot of stuff now, and for EVERY dwarf race on any game ( I'm a dwarf at heart.. GROW BEARD, GROW!)

• Like 1

Played old vanilla wow for a very long time under the name killalot on Mannoroth. This spawned alts such as healalot, tankalot, bankalot and just became a running joke. Friends all called me KA

Hence new names in most games is some variation of KA. Kahere or Kareborn are the most typical I use.

my cats name

Edited by Maozorz
  • Like 1

My first experience with D&D, I made a wizard and the first spell I really really wanted was Knock, which would allow me to *walk* through locked doors as if I were made of the *aether*. Therefore, Aetherwalker.

Hehe I couldn't think of anything other than my dogs nickname, so I stole it and now I am Shads :P

• Like 1

When i started playing wurm i was 14 and had been using "Flonzo" in every game up until then. On a whim when a friend showed me Wurm i decided i was bored of that name but couldn't think of a clever new one, so under the impression that Wurm couldn't possibly capture me enough to matter i simply reversed my real forename.

Now i'm 23 and i'm stuck with the name Nadroj haha.

I used to always use Zone (School nickname) as my username for stuff, but the name was taken when I started Wurm (though it must have been a free account becaue I randomly tried it a year or so ago and got it :) ). As such I went for my fall back option which I started using in the first game I played when Zone was unavailable: Hordern.

My Grandfather was Sir Michael Hordern.

• Like 3

This wass came from m days in DAOC. Made a scout in Albion, was an inconnu, short little sucker. Wanted to give a small name, tried Shrimpy, Shrimpe, Shrimp, then finally Shrimpiie was born ;D

Used it for lots of my game names including this one and Minecraft.

Also have another name that I use, Cheezball. Got that when I was trying to figure out a name for my computer a long time ago, a friend suggested it out of the blue, and I went with it. Used it for a troll berzerker on DAOC, and as an alt in this game along with variations to the name like Cheezy, mostly I use it as a tougher name for my RPG gaming and some other side flash games.

Not the same BlueCheez from Anarchy?

That is where I made my name. Downloaded what I thought was a MUD, walked out of room, came back and it had graphics. Thought it was a shareware. Tried to make an elven ranger, which was an opifex adventurer. Jen + (shai, to sound elven).

17 years ago or so, in my first AD&D campaign, I originally wanted Hrothgar, but I never saw the name written before, so I wrote Rathgar. I have been using it for medieval-esque games ever since.

My original name was Iron, I created Sklo back when GV opened to look at a new server during I was bored on Iron at JK Home. But then JKH got nucked and I started to play on GV as PA Sklo and this is how my story started...

Sklo hasn't got any real meaning for me I just saw that it doesn't sound bad and it looked good in the event tab so I took it. In Czech Sklo means glass btw but I didn't now that at that time.

My family name means basement. So I called myself DungeonKeeper on the net or DuKe for short.

My first character in WoW was Dunkel then, but I had to restart him several times because of beta and bugs on release, got tired of him and made Keldun instead,

I preffered that character class so became known under that name, ever kept it since in all games I play.

Many, many, many years ago (I was 7 lol) I played my first game that needed a username. I thought of two words - "Doctor" and "Cheese" - but I couldn't spell back then so it came out as Docterchese. It has kinda stuck since :3 and I really like the fact that almost everyone knows to insta-abbreviate it to "Doc."

• Like 2

I needed to reinvent myself after getting really tired of having the same online name for a decade, which had in turn been mashed together from an even older name and a writing project I was involved with at the time. It just didn't suit anymore.

So I was thinking about what would describe me as I exist today, and I thought of 'chiclets' which were a couple of pieces of gum sold in a cute little package. They were very tasty, fun to chew but really didn't last very long. And that's perfect and should cover me for the next decade or so.