Sign in to follow this  
Draedo

Mobile App For Chats

I was just thinking how nice it would be to be able to use village.kchat/gl, and ally chat from my phone or tablet.

So my suggestion is a mobile app for android and ios that allows this.

I'm not much in the way of programming or i'd offer to make it for you.

• Like 3

Would even love to be able to chat without opening the game. When I open the game at workplace just for the chat I feel bad even that I work in game company. Also wurm make the laptop a bit heaty.

• Like 3

This could work. WoW has an app for guild chats

I'd say "There's an app for that", but I guess there isn't :P

Sure, a Wurm app for chat tabs would be really cool to have

If anyone wants to make one, here's my suggestion.

Since a game client has to be connected in order to extract the chat logs, you'd need one open 24/7. You'd then need something to read the log file and poll for updates every so often, or when the log changes. This could then be pushed to a database or other store online. The mobile app could then read the file or database at will. You'd not be able to send data to the client to respond to messages however, as this would involve the use of macros to send text automatically to the client or injecting data to the server. A big NO and bannable offence.

As it stands, this would be completely unsupported by the devs and you'd have to ensure the security of the data you're uploading to your store and the access to that store.

Here's my idea of the most simple and easy to set up example.

• Client logged in on dedicated machine or your home PC while you're away, non-prem character which you don't care about fasting and not having water.
  • FTP set to periodically (or 'on change') upload the chat log to a web server. Suggest the location this being stored at is behind .htaccess.
  • Create a very simple app to read data from a file online, I could make one of these in about 5 minutes. OR you could just browse to the file online, add your username/password and simply refresh.

As I said, you'd not be able to send data to the file, but there it is. Simples.

I may be interested in hosting and setting one up for anyone seriously interested, in exchange for a few silver, of course.

ALSO - there is already twitter feeds for villages. You could set up a village account and make the twitter account private so you can only read the messages if you follow, and are followed by, the village account.

Edited by bwg

Any app like this would of course have to be officially supported to work. +1

I think you should have to be in game playing to be chatting....Sorry.

• Like 1