Sign in to follow this  
Cuddlepal

Tree In House?

I wanted to build a house, and plant a cedar tree in the center and have it grow through holes in each level of the house. Is this possible? and if it is, is there a specific way I have to do it to not mess it up?

build the house around a fully grown cedar tree, I don't think it will look how you want though :)

Sounds cool, gonna be some work though getting hte tree just right.

Yes, it is entirely possible. I had an Oak in the middle of a doughnut house and it grew to full size. Didn't look good so I cut it down.

But yes, it works.

a cedar will be different than an oak, as the oak is massive and low lying. the cedar will grow taller than the house, projecting over the roof.

might be cool.

I've found the trees clipping through house walls is really distracting. If they fix that some day I think it will change a lot of my tree placement, but as of now I have to keep trees 1+ tiles away from my houses.

only way u can have tree in house... (legal) is make donut house and plant tree in middle of it

Square house, with 1 space in the middle. Though I will suggest not doing this, with any tree, it just doesn't work right as of now. Maybe if they fix trees, let us place them Exacly were we want it in the square (which I don't want) and let us actually build it inside the building itself.