Sign in to follow this  
boombza

Why Wouldnt You Worship Her?!

So I draw stuff while I'm going about my wurm day.
Try take it more as an "artists impression" of the subject, even though there is some reference to be made(such as the statue's and altars) I like having my take on drawing the Gods. I'll post a new reply with each of my recent work or work in progress as well as updating this first post.

Libila 1.0   (7/July/2013)

libila_1_0_by_boombza-d6chyg7.png

Details

libidetails_by_boombza-d6chz9e.png

~7-8Hrs// Pencil + Artline// A3 Cartridge

No Mercy

Libi.png

~12Hrs// Pencil + Artline// A3 Cartridge

Libila Portrait

Embrace%20Hatred.jpg

~17Hrs// Pencil// A3 Bleed Proof (dont ask..)

Vynora

DSC_0003.JPG

~2Hrs// Pencil// A4 Cartridge

Dark Lines

DSC01188.JPG

~unkownHrs// Artline// A4 Cartridge

Thank you and forever Libila!

Edited by boombza
  • Like 19

Wow... Nice pic :)

Took me roughly 17hrs to draw

Hehe patience of a saint and yet a fan of libila :P

Edited by Shads

Maybe you should help the art team here they seem swamped with stuff not sure how you would do with gamming art stuff but your drawing here is real nice.

You sir. Are amazing.

Maybe you should help the art team here they seem swamped with stuff not sure how you would do with gamming art stuff but your drawing here is real nice.

This too

Edited by Ord_V2

You sir. Are amazing.

This too

Thank you kind sir :)

Work for them? Nahhh I could help conceptualize- but I don't see them doing that outside of 3D modeling.

And I couldn't see myself doing 3D modeling and enjoy it.. ... Its still a nice idea :)

Edited by boombza

back of head little too long, cheeks dont have enough solid lines, neck has a strange twist and chest looks like butt.

I dont want to hate and you are doing very good job, but sorry im a perfectionist.

keep up and enjoy! :)

edit: feathers on wings are very nice. The shading of hair could be little darker on top.

Edited by silakka

back of head little too long, cheeks dont have enough solid lines, neck has a strange twist and chest looks like butt.

I dont want to hate and you are doing very good job, but sorry im a perfectionist.

edit: feathers on wings are very nice. The shading of hair could be little darker on top.

No no, I love criticism- they help me see what I didnt before.

I think I agree on everything you said, I'll try defend myself on a few points;

- The top of her hair is not shaded because I tired that on previous drawings and the balance of the drawing is thrown out. I simply tried it by making it look like a top highlight.

- I didnt wanna put a distinct line to pronounce her clivage, I do agree it does look somewhat like a butt haha :D

I'll have to "study" on how to draw it properly...

Lib has always given me wet dreams... but it's mostly because she curses me with worms in the bed for thinking about her that way.

Lib has always given me wet dreams... but it's mostly because she curses me with worms in the bed for thinking about her that way.

>.< Violation of the Too Much Information Act: 1983 (passed not long after the Information Act of 1982 went into use)

Great pic in the OP though!

To me the horns and lips took a little 2 dimensional, but you've got some great skills there :)

Horns could potentially be improved by having hair flow more around at the base. You tried with one bit, but they look a bit like cardboard cutouts. Though I like the styling on them.

The lips... They just don't seem to curve around the face much horizontally, and vertically for some reason (despite the shading - though more of a u shape for the highlighting on the bottom lip rather than the more or less straight line it is now?), there's no... plumpness... for want of a better word. I think improving the latter would make a big difference on the former though as I can see the horizontal shaping is there.

I'd sketch what I mean, but I can't draw humans for... well... anything.

but you got the right way and im very happy to see someone to dedicate to art ^^

Good drawing, wrong god, try again :P

The lips... They just don't seem to curve around the face much horizontally, and vertically for some reason (despite the shading - though more of a u shape for the highlighting on the bottom lip rather than the more or less straight line it is now?), there's no... plumpness... for want of a better word. I think improving the latter would make a big difference on the former though as I can see the horizontal shaping is there.

Haha I kinda think i probably shouldnt have adjusted the contrast this much, you see theres a bunch of shading on her face- its just all gone because of the changes i did with the brightness and contrast. I think that would have given her face more dimension. Though about the horns HAHAHAHA, I completely agree- I almost stopped drawing it because i thought it screw it up that bad.

but thank you for the feedback :)

Next one will hopefully be... more correct.

stunning piece! if I could draw like that I might have a better grade in my art class :P

pretty much, if you want to get exact an into proper facial anatomy, your corner of your lips /should/ line up with your pupils/center of your eyes. granted this is a three-quarter perspective so that is hard to be exact,

I always worshiped her for the brown fungus growing all around her and for her being the truest ideal of all ... and now I feel like I worshipped her for all the wrong reasons ... looks damn good.

Pretty much agree on the missing depthness of lips and horns however.

Anyway I think the "strange twist" in her neck is making her more unique and different from humans which is fine imo, and if I could drawn like that I would probably end up with all my walls plastered with libila drawings. Best I can do is draw stickman, and they look rather odd with horns tbh.

Edited by Kaneomanie

Nice! It is pretty much not too far from my own depiction of Libila: Young innocent girl that is tore apart by the others and now only think of one thing: revenge.

I've just noticed no one has answered the question in the topic title:

Because she doesn't give Strongwall :P

• Like 1

I like it!... I still will worship Vynora though.

You draw alot better than I do ._.

Silakka is on spot on the constructive criticism, my guess would be that there is a strong manga influence that interferes with the sort of realistic aproach on the shading. (if this was done on paper, I know that the scanners love to destroy subtle shading)

Its an excellent job, and not a slow one at all, taking into consideration the detail and quality of the rendering. (maybe could use more time on the sketching and guidelines)

+1

Silakka is on spot on the constructive criticism, my guess would be that there is a strong manga influence that interferes with the sort of realistic aproach on the shading. (if this was done on paper, I know that the scanners love to destroy subtle shading)

Its an excellent job, and not a slow one at all, taking into consideration the detail and quality of the rendering. (maybe could use more time on the sketching and guidelines)

+1

Its a photo taken by a point and shoot so about has bad when it comes to retaining any subtle shading.

Andd yep- the first markings of the actual construction lines to start the drawing was done in under a min hahaha, I guess that totally came through in the end with the mistakes :P

Thanks for the feedback :)

A wild Vynora appeared!

DSC_0003.JPG

only took 2 hrs- A4... hm, picture her having blonde hair.

Just a heads up, I really have no-idea what the Gods look like except for the little statues.

So these are more or less my impression of the Gods.

Thanks for viewing:)

Edited by boombza
  • Like 7

very good job and only in 2hours :P

this has very great details, earrings, eyelashes, hair curl and so on

when u dont try too hard u end up with a perfect piece.

I like this one rly much.