Sign in to follow this  
Hussars

Feel Good Story - Blind Dog Has Help From Another Dog

I have a dog that can't hear real well and my other dog acts like her ears for her. When it is time for them to go outside she will go over and wake her up by nudging her with her body in someway while barking. The other dog that cant hear well will also lay in front of my footstool around dinner time so that when I get up and push the footstool forward she knows I am getting up so she does not miss out on dinner time. Dogs are smatter then we think. they can figure out things pretty good when they need to.

Edited by Kegan

Nice story, weird how well animals deal with things like sight loss.

Glad people enjoyed it.

As a dog owner (or at least as much as my dog lets me believe I am the owner), it never ceases to amaze me just how much they can "understand" by simply watching our body motions/subtle clues and listening to the inflection in our tone. Also makes you feel good to know that they can care just as much about "family" in their own way.

Sure it's not a "human" level of awareness (thankfully so in some cases), but it's just as natural.

Stories like this make me want to have a dog. D'aww :3

It's rare that I get fuzzy feelings... besides when I put a shirt on immediately after pulling it out of a dryer.

Thanks much, OP.