Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmob

More Letters For Renaming

Hello,

as the title says once again, I'm suggesting that there would be more letters at renaming. Via these letters I mean different languages, and letters like ä,ö and å. This would enable much more interesting names and being able to rename items with your own language. This could affect to tools as well as ships and houses. Now I cannot even put my own name on tools, which would be Lohikäärme in finnish.

You will most likely say that it makes finding a lost item more difficult if you cannot say the rename of it, but this would be fixed if you take photo of your tools with the name showing. Of course, you can always rename them.

Another thing is the bad language you might write in different languages. This is pretty much the mainly thing why it isn't possible to use other letters yet. Only solution to this might be that players would report these names which are offensive and tell how they are offensive. I do not see this very bad risk though, Wurm has mature community and doing such childish thing will get you nice ban.

Dragonmob

+1 A couple of days ago when I placed a deed, I wanted to use the ó and I couldnt, now my deeds name is misspelled, wich irritates me a bit. I havent tried the Ñ yet, but I would like all those kind of letters

I didn't think about the deed naming, it would be very nice to have this apply to deed naming aswell.

I think they need to keep with the english only letters in naming items, deeds, characters, what ever.

Edited by Protunia

At the time of Wurm, there were only English names at Great Britain area, no elsewhere. As far as I know Wurm world isn't located at that area. I'd say most of the players of Wurm come elsewhere than English spoken countries. Having only English letters at naming is a bit weird solution IMO, and Wurm is a fantasy game, which generally do have other letters aswell. Even one of the early kingdoms Lómaner has "illegal letter".

Id rather see some bugs fixed than to be able to add ö on my ship name.