Sign in to follow this  
Lycanthropic

[Request] Wurm Map App

Me being a rather active scout that likes to run across the inde server, I tend to come across allot of deeds that arent on the current Independence map.

And I usually dont mention these in the map-topic because I have no idea if the owner actually likes seeing his (secret/hidden) deed appear on the map for everybody to see.

So I started thinking (having bought an android tablet not to long ago), if there are any gifted app-coders here on the forum to make something, that might even benefit allot of players like me who like to scout far and wide and map deeds/places of interest.

Just a kind off personal map to have in addition to the official one on the forum, where we can add a few things ourselves not limited to deeds alone.

Here's the request, not sure if this is easy to make, but I'll give it a try:

The app would show the map of independence (like the one in the mapping topic, or even the empty template if the current map-updater wouldnt mind sharing it).

* When I would click on the map with my finger, a yellow square would appear (like the ones currently on the forum map)

* Then a window would pop-up, asking me to name the yellow square (the name of the deed goes in here)

* Then a second window (more like a notepad kinda thingy) would pop-up, asking me for additional information (where I can enter if there are templars, mailboxes, merchants, traders,...)

* A searchbox to type in names so they are highlighted on the map for easy search (comes in handy when you see something disbanding)

Thats the core function of the app that I would like to request.

An extra function could be:

- An option to change the color and the "type" of the yellow square, so perhaps a red square could represent

a place of interest (olive forest, blue grape spot, special fishing spot, guardtower, mine, veins,...)

Thats what I had in mind with my request and hopefully some skilled app-maker wouldnt mind giving it a try ^^

I hope this was the most fitted place to post the topic, I thought of suggestion-idea forum first, but it seemed a bit out of place XP

(my xperia tablet shows Android 4.0.3, so if it could run on that I would be very happy offcourse, not sure how these versions matter much for certain apps)

Many thanks in advance ^^

Edited by Lycanthropic

doesn't googlemaps already have collaborative functions ? someone might get that going without much trouble

No clue, but as long as I dont need to be connected to the internet with my tablet, then all is good XD (dont have wireless at home, have to go a public place to get an app every now and then XP)

u could just copy the image of the inde map and modify it on your computer/tablet/whatever. wouldn't be as user-friendly as the app you are describing, but more flexible. Any image editor would work.

Load the map on your device's internet browser, then (dependent on OS) hold down the image or double-tap it, to get an options menu from which you should be able to save it to the device. Then just view it as a picture on the device. :)

I started an interactive web app project during Christmas but unfortunately I had to go back to studying.

Might get around to starting it back up over summer.

Load the map on your device's internet browser, then (dependent on OS) hold down the image or double-tap it, to get an options menu from which you should be able to save it to the device. Then just view it as a picture on the device. :)

Nono, not what I meant XD More of an interactive map, with userfriendly options to quickly add deeds or places of interest you come across (I already have the indemap saved on my tablet, but it serves not much more then a navigational tool atm instead of a true scouting-tool :)

Sounds promising Jacklez, I wish I had some basic knowledge of this kinda stuff XP