Sign in to follow this  
Puertorro

Castle Doors Poll

Should devs impliment castle doors?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Should devs impliment castle doors?

• Yes
    • No

Yes we need a tall stone wall gate at the very least for sure.

I did play around with portcullis about a year ago, but we decided to wait for multi storey, Saroman and Zcul have talked about adding it so I hope they will start on it soonâ„¢ :)

My old test:

portcullis_02_wip.jpg

portcullis_01_wip.jpg

• Like 5

I want a portcullis too!

Edited by einnel

House doors would be cool, but I'd like to see more fences/gates.

Example: Tall Wooden Gate(door), to match Tall Stone Wall. also: Maybe some multi story/tile stuff(2x wide gate/doors, or even 2 story gates/doors/fences)

Just throwing around similar ideas I was thinking. I vote yes to the general suggestion tho, in whatever form it may be.

Double wood doors to match arches should be easy.

Also, iron Pallisade gates are way past due.

I'd love something to match better than palisade gates and more...interesting than 1x1 houses. Would really love a tall gate for stone AND a portcullis option for main entrances. Nice suggestion, OP.

I did play around with portcullis about a year ago, but we decided to wait for multi storey, Saroman and Zcul have talked about adding it so I hope they will start on it soonâ„¢ :)

My old test:

portcullis_01_wip.jpg

I can see the bottom one for sure added in as a tall stone wall gate type thing Edited by Kegan

I voted Yes, providing it stops you bumping this topic every full moon.

• Like 1

I think this merits 3 different issues:

1- The announced, polled but never implemented palisade redesign;

2- New Gate to match Tall Stone;

3- New Multi-story houses now could use Multi-tile/Multi-Wall Structures:

This one would be a good example, Castle gate, would require a floor above it, and when planned it would automatically plan the wall directly above it as well, making a 1x2(widthxheight) Wall, so as to plan a larger gate than double doors.

Other good examples would be for stairs/ramps (Would span enough tiles to reach a certain height, most likely require 2 tiles per floor so as to not make them too steep);

Winches to pull up bulk mats between floors (would be a floor tile simmilar to the ladder, i guess);

Arches/arcades (Would span 2+ floors -1xn (wxh)-, maybe with different options, so you can have a arched entrance the size of your building (thinking for example on people building dry docks).

Painted glass walls (1x2), etc, etc. Possibility is endless.

+ 1 to a gate that matches with tall stone walls that's not a house gate. Also, I'd prefer if it fit on one tile like the other gates, since the reason I can't make a house gate is space issues.

I wouldn't mind both a tall stone gate and a larger structure option though, that'd be cool.

i have seen the new walls/gates on test and they are no help with this the tall stone walls needs its own gate just put in an arch in the tall stone wall and a door or just add a square double door to it even works too. I have made a few mock up ones that look okay to me and would be so helpful for the areas you can't/don't want to put in a 1x1 gatehouse. 

qUMTqot.jpg

eEFU8SU.jpg

This was just copying and pasting the door to a wall section i am sure you can make it more grand but even a simple thing like this would be appreciated for the tall stone walls. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I just built my first palisade gate as I was contemplating...  When are the devs gonna start working on stuff that players petition like crazy instead of making things look pretty in game?  Yep that happened today.

Voted no on this.

I don't want castle doors

I want castles.

Big difference.

• Like 1