Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

House Decay In Perimeter

I had an 82QL Stone house in the perimeter of a deed who planted and extended its perimeter over the house. When the deed was founded, it had 5-10 damage or so on the walls. The house was gone in the course of about a month and a half after the deed was founded. I had the writ on me, so someone has logged in nearly every day to flag it as not abandoned.

Logging started 2013-02-03

[19:26:00] You see a door with a lock. The lock is of good quality.

[19:26:00] QL=82.176, dam=25.867397

There is a 40-50QL Wooden house in the perimeter of my deed which already had 20 damage on it (assumed abandoned) when founded over. It has been 2-3 months and now only has 70 damage, max on it. This house has been here for a long time, and apparently the Stone House decayed much faster than this Wooden one. I don't think the owner has been on in the past couple months.

Logging started 2013-02-12

[18:07:22] You see a door with a lock. The lock is of okay quality.

[18:07:22] QL=46.118164, dam=35.713398

Both had no roofs.

Is it just me, or is something really wrong with decay in perimeter? Are Wooden Houses not included in the coding?

Edited by Xallo

I too, have a wooden house in my perimeter that has been "fully decayed" for about 5 months now, maybe more. Yet still, random walls will visually show to still be there, and upon examination gives only "You see some markers for a new structure" no damage, no quality, nothing.

The house is TOTALLY and completely decayed, and has been since October of 2012. The house however, still has not gone away, and of course it prevents me from terraforming there/expanding my deed etc, it is very annoying.

Bump.

The Stone house is gone, as I originally posted.

The Wooden house is still here, and the door only has 54 Damage!!!

[14:59:30] You see a door with a lock. The lock is of okay quality.

[14:59:30] QL=44.87612, dam=54.873543

Come on Server devs, this can't be intended that a 44QL Wooden House outlasts an 82QL Stone one in perimeter!

The Wooden house has been in perimeter for months already, while this month it has only decayed 20 damage!

My Stone House was COMPLETELY decayed from 15 to 100 in the matter of a month and a half at best, and it was 82QL!

Edited by Xallo

I too, have a wooden house in my perimeter that has been "fully decayed" for about 5 months now, maybe more. Yet still, random walls will visually show to still be there, and upon examination gives only "You see some markers for a new structure" no damage, no quality, nothing.

I have this problem too. There is a wooden house that was originally outside of my perimeter when I founded my deed, long abandoned. It had a couple of walls still standing but it was obviously in imminent danger of collapse. After a month or so, I extended my perimeter, completely covering this house. I expected this thing to fall very quickly.

Its now another month and not only has the house not decayed, MORE WALLS ARE THERE. At one point it was down to no walls at all (just the frame structure), then one popped back into existence and I noticed on the weekend that now it has two walls again. I do not believe the owner has logged back in. Even if they had, they could neither repair or build on their house because it's in my perimeter. Under no circumstances could they have added another wall to the structure.

I tried walking through one of the open sides and kept getting teleported back to the tile border over and over again, so the house is very borked. I suspect it actually isn't even there at all and I've got a visual glitch that has a footprint in the "real world" somehow that keeps it from disintegrating and is constantly fluctuating in state between built and not-built. In contrast, another house that was in my newly expanded perimeter decayed within a week and disappeared completely as expected, so how this one is magically hanging onto life is beyond me.

There was indeed a problem that shacks appeared to have a missing wall, and it would teleport you out that has been fixed and was a glitch there was indeed supposed to be a wall there. So that is how the walls came back. If it is happening now call support as that was supposed to be fix some time ago.

Also someone pointed out a bug that you cannot repair a wall in perimeter, but you can build a new wall when it decays away. A loophole that repair checks for perimeter, finalize build plan checks for perimeter, but add new wall does not check.

Edited by yarnevk

You are absolutely sure the stone house owner had be on recently? I had a higher ql stone house decay much faster due to the owner being inactive. The low ql wooden house took longer but the owner logs in once in a while. Both houses were in my perimeter 7-8 months ago.

40ql stone house with active owner vs 10ql wooden house with inactive owner, stone house decays first.

Yes, I was the owner of the house and I'm quite active. :)

Although it appears the damage was increased or fixed, but it may have been the fact that the owner hasn't logged in for a month or two. It's finally gone (after about 4-5 months), but the plan won't remove itself now.

Edited by Xallo

I believe its a known issue that house plan not disappearing sometimes when house has fully decayed and you need to issue a /support to have a GM to remove it.

House plans not vanishing is known issue.

However as I understand it, it took the wood house a lot longer to to reach to the plan stage than it did the stone house. Which is a separate but obvious issue.