Sign in to follow this  
Vroomfondel

Cordage Ropes Will Not Fit In Small Barrels

I went to make some cordage ropes this morning and I put them in small barrels as I go, then put them away in the bsbs sorting by ql. Today the cordage ropes do not fit in a small barrel, when 20 would fit a few days ago. No sense for such a change, its a rope, and only weights 0.50 kg. We should not ever have a problem putting ropes in small barrels.

Update: I did notice that cordage ropes are now 0.50 kg and not 0.60 kg anymore when created. Why would making them smaller make them not fit?

Edited by Vroomfondel

2nd Update: Cordage ropes coming from a bsb will fit in a small barrel, but newly created cordage ropes will not. Also, cordage ropes now come out at 0.50 instead of 0.60. Something about changing the weight must have messed up the size for cordage ropes in small barrels.

And bwg, you know better than to rely on the wiki for anything.

Edited by Vroomfondel

0.65kg apparently. Does it lose weight when placed into a BSB then?

Do new cordage ropes have the same volume in BSB's as the old ones?

http://forum.wurmonl...mn/#entry398274

0.65kg apparently. Does it lose weight when placed into a BSB then?

What I keep trying to tell everyone is that AS OF TODAY the cordage ropes come out at 0.50 kg each, the wiki is no longer a reference for this. And I just tested Wulfgar, old cordage ropes and new cordage ropes have the same volume. And after going into the bsb they will fit into a small barrel, but not before.

I agreed that the Wiki is wrong, I'm updating that now - as you say, 0.5 on creation, right?

What I posted was a screenshot saying they used to be 0.65, therefore admitting fault earlier.

I agreed that the Wiki is wrong, I'm updating that now - as you say, 0.5 on creation, right?

What I posted was a screenshot saying they used to be 0.65, therefore admitting fault earlier.

Thanks for updating the wiki. I'll let you know what the minimum amount of wemp you need to create is now when I get some small bits to work with and figure it out.

Update: Still uses up 0.65 kg of wemp to make the rope, just comes out at 0.50 kg now.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Realised there's nothing to update lol....

interesting, and it looks like the chance to create has been made a lot harder too at some point in the past.

70 skill, 88ql rope tool on 86ql wemp and only 83% chance to make

while on the wiki

50 skill, 72ql rope tool on 84ql wemp gave 86% chance to make

Anyone around the 50 skill marker who can provide a direct comparison?