Sign in to follow this  
Bellaamore

My Suggestions/ideas For Independence

Ok I cant speak for any other server I don't know if they are having the same problem. I own a deed on the Independence server. The area I live (the eastern side of the map) is supposed to be the most dangerous area on the map. Before I moved everyone was telling me to be careful. I have been talking to a lot of people who own deeds around the eastern plains and the grand steppe and they all tell me stories about how those areas used to be hunting areas and full of hostile animals. Now it is barely a place to hunt and is worse when one person is trying to raise their fighting skill because there is nothing left for anyone else. Now if you go into the eastern plains there are some spiders, some hell horses, and maybe some cats or bears and wolves. If you go into the grand steppe there may be a few trolls and scorpions. A lot of people from the western/middle side of the map say they used to come to these places for a hunting area. If you have a deed on the western/middle side you can walk around for hours and see no hostile animals. I was a villager around dragon fang mountain for almost a month exploring and didn't see one hostile animal at all. Then apparently if you make a deed it slows the spawn rate which makes sense considering there is a deed everywhere west of me lol. Also I have been working on my fighting skill and I have been told by multiple people once I hit 70 it is best to go to pvp servers for skill gain because there aren't enough higher level hostiles on that server and skill gain is horrible. And what happens with this new bred in captivity rule where you get no FS if someone breeds a bunch of hostile animals and sets them free?

My suggestions are

Take out the part about deeds lowering spawn rates.

Maybe make respawn for hostile animals faster or more of them.

Either make different types of hostile animals that are harder or release more of the harder ones for skill gain above 70 fighting skill.

(I would love to see some different types of hostile animals and so would a lot of people I have talked to)

Take the bred in captivity trait out before it even gets in there lol.

Also there are some people wanting to find things like pigs, chickens, deer, and pheasants but there aren't any because people have too many animals. I love having animals on this game but there maybe should be a limit on how many deer you can have or how many chickens or pigs (excluding horses since your horse can die in combat). I have explored a lot and have never seen any of these animals in the wild or cows. I think being a brand new person it would really help them to find things like that.

One more thing, the deeds. As a deed owner I have found that a lot of free time is gone. I can't explore as much as I would like anymore. Now don't get me wrong I love having a deed, but the chores of repairing the walls and FSB's and grass/crops for the grazing animals are a lot to handle. People pay real money to have their deeds and yet owning a deed is a job all in itself and takes up a lot of free time. So I was thinking slower decay on deeded areas. I am not saying to take decay out I'm just saying slow it down. One of the rules to this game is theft is prohibited if you have to bash something to get to what you want. Well people want to fence in their deeds to prevent stealing. It takes up a lot of time repairing the walls all the time and leaves you with little free time.

These are just some of my OPINIONS. I hope someone will read this and take some of the things into consideration.

You need to be a month ahead on your upkeep, have you checked it lately? That is a huge advantage of a deed is the lack of decay because the guards do it for you. You get a warning of impending disband, but not for impending decay.

This does not apply to the perimeter which is not part of your deed, it is just reserved for deed expansion by blocking others from building houses there. It sounds to me like you are spending time repairing stuff in perimeter, which I am saddled with myself because I have two deeds to form a L-shape with a 10 wide strip of perimeter right thru my animal pens/shacks. If you have alts that built the perimeter buildings make sure the writ holders are citizens, otherwise decay is even faster.

As far as dirt packing of grazing pens it has been a problem forever. Best you can do is space but it does not stop it. I have a bison in a 20 tile pen and he still packs things. I packed my farm once my FSB got plenty full, as that is much work to keep a farm going, and all my livestock are grazers on grass. So down to just perimeter fence/shack repair as annoyance.

Sadly I agree with you about the smaller domestic animals. Saw them the first month over on Release, and they are long gone now because everyone has horses and cows. Luckily I got plenty of dogs before they vanished, but am down to my last pig, and lost my pheasant and hen a long time ago. The spawn limits really need to be based on animal types and not simply aggro/non-aggro, so that people that enjoy the smaller animals can have fun breeding them.

Edited by yarnevk

Yea plus when you are brand new to the game it would be nice to be out walking around and finding something like a cow to make cheese or a hen to lay eggs or even use them for FS since when you start your FS is soooo low when I started I didn't want to use a dummy for fighting skill I needed meat too

I agree with most of the things here, but don't really like the make more 'harder' mobs for 70fs or higher. I don't think hell hounds and trolls should be snooping around the newbie areas. Especially the hell hounds since you can't really shake one usually. Dying right out of the tutorial is not going to promote new players to stay. Having >70fs on my main I recently killed an Old Hell Hound and got [21:19:16] Fighting increased by 0.00968 to 70.2592. So somehow I went from getting 0.25ish to 0.009 just by hitting 70. That's broken imho and the root of this problem.

On the breeding special traits, I think the real cure should be to introduce 'epidemics' that may occur if your animals are not well tended ( groomed, fed, etc ) and as the number of animals you have goes up, the likelihood of it happening ramps up. The epidemics would kill off large ( say 33 to 50 percent and maybe tweek this ) of the animals. This would drastically reduce the 'hoarding' I see here and there and probably allow in the wild spawning once again. This 'bred in captivity' thing is just plain idiotic, I'm sorry.