Sign in to follow this  
JBlak

You Can Now Level An Adjacent Tile If The One You Are Standing On Is Flat!

[21:03:42] You start to leveling the ground.

[21:03:46] You use a dirt in one corner. (times however as many dirt that's in your inventory)

Basically, you drop dirt from your inventory until the tile adjacent to the tile you're standing on is flat on the same level.

Good night sweet flatraising.

Ssh no tears, only dreams.

• Like 1

Sounds a bit safer for edge-flatraising up high.

I hope I can still raise dirt from the water to make steep harbours and islands. I'll give it a test in a minute :D

edit: wait, does this mean it "raises" the adjencted tile till it meets your digging skill, or the natural dirt-flow-slope of 40-ish?

Edited by Lycanthropic

The checks it performs for 'level' are the same as were used for 'flatten'

also you can flatten borders

• Like 5

Just checking, I can right click a tile like 100 slope below me and raise it up to the same level as the one I am standing on?

hm,

"[12:10:53] If you could carry one more dirt pile, one more corner could be levelled."

With 12 dirt in my inventory... how is it calculated how many you need, does it count to bring a corner up for the entire 160 slopes it is lower then the other instead of raising it bit by bit?

How does flatten borders work?

EDIT:

Wait :D O got it !!!!

It is like Wulfgar says :D

Awesome, me like allot, many many thanks Tich!!

Edited by Lycanthropic

So, flatteing is removed and this is there instead?

What about skillgain? Flatraising was really freat for raising digging skill.

Oh, well, guess I'll have to try it out after work :)

What about skillgain? Flatraising was really freat for raising digging skill.

Seems about the same as flatraising (91 digging here), maybe a little bit less.

The checks it performs for 'level' are the same as were used for 'flatten'

also you can flatten borders

Will it use dirt from my inventory if all the surrounding tiles were rock and I cant drop any dirt? Meaning you could climb up a mountain and start making a level spot if you had the skill for the slope? If not that would be a cool feature to have with this new stuff.

Thank you for giving us a way to fix clay that couldn't be lowered before. You can level it.

Thank you for giving us a way to fix clay that couldn't be lowered before. You can level it.

Nice, hopefully it will stay that way

there is already a thread for this :)

i rly wish 'level' option gets deleted... shovel skill is now useless aswell as dig action.

Edited by silakka

i rly wish 'level' option gets deleted... shovel skill is now useless aswell as dig action.

it is not going to be Rolf liked it and even praised Tich for the code on the Q&A session not long ago.

• Like 1

Actually, your thread was started four hours after this one.

My suggestion is apply a penalty to using this ability such that it gives great advantage to large projects. Players that're doing small projects would be discouraged from using this because of the penalty.

This would preserve the nitty gritty of the old method and add a method to speed up large projects.

My suggestion is apply a penalty to using this ability such that it gives great advantage to large projects. Players that're doing small projects would be discouraged from using this because of the penalty.

This would preserve the nitty gritty of the old method and add a method to speed up large projects.

No thanks. This new method is gold and is awesome. I did a large flatraising project just a short while ago and I wish I would have had this new method back then, now.

I see no problem with the way it is now. We shouldn't be punished for doing small projects over large ones.

Edited by Laiwyn
  • Like 1

Hm, definitely going to have to give this a shot. I haven't had a chance to do any terraforming since this was put into affect.

Read moar plz before making silly comments like the above.

well ive been tinkering with this a lot this evening, As a miner and digger, this change was a big one for me. I love it, makes life so much more simplier. Ty tich for the fine work ya gave us. Now if dirt would pile on the ground like rockshards id say we was in heaven haha!