Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New Terraforming Options

I think by now msot people have agreed that is a convenient option, but the problem is that it doesn't scale with skill. I think Tich is working on that though.

I'm glad to see this new digging feature, when used right it can save thousands of clicks when terraforming an area and if Wurm if notorious for one thing it's the amount of clicks. So this new digging mechanic is a lot friendlier for the player's health (less of an RSI issue), which is a great step in the right direction. Now it might need some speed tweaking for the lower skill folks but it feels just fine at 99+ digging for me.

Edited by Ecrir

How about adding Level to the tile edges as well so we can level one corner at a time?

It would be a pretty good workaround to rock stopping all leveling. There would be no flat tile requirement, so all it would do is take the corner of the tile you're standing on and level the other corner alongside the edge you're leveling by either digging dirt or using dirt to raise it.

It would be nice in my opinion. :)

If Flatten edge already works like this, sorry for posting. I just assumed flattening edges was taking dirt from the highest corner and pushing it down to the lower one, just as it is with the regular tile flattening.

Edited by Xallo

I still prefer Farmerbobs hammer idea more then the sparring one.

• Like 2

Wow way to make yet another spell utterly useless. 80 odd favor, 30min cd for 20damage on 1 tile?? Forget it sunshine.

There's a difference between making it less OP and nerfing something so much no one will now use it.

Oh hi there, welcome to the club alongside such uselessly nerfed spells as frantic charge!

frantic charge is so op in my opinion it can last like a whole second.

+1 to wrath of Mag nerf, so OP, even forced a deed to disband...

Heh this deed would be ground even without Wrath of Mag....

Just having more than 30 ppl ready to fight is more OP than this spell was.

Wurm players are just not aware how their deference is weak against bigger number of players ;-)

Edited by vill

Heh this deed would be ground even without Wrath of Mag....

Just having more than 30 ppl ready to fight is more OP than this spell was.

Wurm players are just not aware how their deference is weak against bigger number of players ;-)

doubtfull, even with 3 catapults it would take a goooooood while to get down (I dont know how big nifl was) but probably in the 20's or 30's, and lets say 29x29 of doublestory houses would take a looong time.

doubtfull, even with 3 catapults it would take a goooooood while to get down (I dont know how big nifl was) but probably in the 20's or 30's, and lets say 29x29 of doublestory houses would take a looong time.

3 catapults for 30 ppl I wont comment your assumption.... you can easily keep shooting with 10 catapults at one time having so many ppl in one place.

Or just bash 1 by 1 in melee with Mauls. Its 30 hits every 30 sec to single tile... just try to count how fast you can destroy things with such power;-)

Edited by vill

Then I guess I don't see the issue. If you have 30 people, and do the damage equal to WoM, then what is the loss of this nerf? You're pretty much saying you don't need the spell.

+1 to the leveling option. As a high level digger this definitely saves time on those extra steep slopes.

• Like 1

I am at 80 digging and I like the new option.

Ive not tried it to flat raise yet but will soon.

something to make it diffrent at lvl 90 then at lvl 1 is prob in the works.

will be intresting to see how tht works.

I still prefer Farmerbobs hammer idea more then the sparring one.

So you believe that the village smith with 90 hammer skill and 3 small maul skill will be more effective in pvp with a small maul.

Yup that makes lots of sense... I have a bridge for sale too. However it's completely off topic.

So you believe that the village smith with 90 hammer skill and 3 small maul skill will be more effective in pvp with a small maul.

Actually, they probably would.

• Like 1

Then I guess I don't see the issue. If you have 30 people, and do the damage equal to WoM, then what is the loss of this nerf? You're pretty much saying you don't need the spell.

This I believe is the problem. If anything is effective in pvp people will complain and it will get nerfed. ... another part of the problem is some ppl will just complain about anything that isn't old school vanilla flavored pvp. ...

this is why we dont have exciting things.

Im making an island with Level system and its very good.

Just sad that I have to throw my speedshovels in to trashbin.

I'd say keep it as it is but fix the timers and we are good.

This I believe is the problem. If anything is effective in pvp people will complain and it will get nerfed. No reason BL should have to be weary about using a neat and effective spell they have at their disposal. Part of the problem is rolf always tends to nerf stuff way too hard and another part of the problem is some ppl will just complain about anything that isn't old school vanilla flavored pvp. If this trend keeps up pvp can end up becoming stale.

Next week when 30 guys show up with 30 catapults, catapults will get nerfed. Especially now, why bother grinding a priest when any freeper can knock together a catapult and do just as good.

+20 on level. Great change and a great start to making the game less a chore and more a "game".

PAR

+20 on level. Great change and a great start to making the game less a chore and more a "game".

PAR

I think so too. First time I logged on to Wurm I could not understand something as simple as to flatten some land so it took me 3 years before I tried again. I only spent 2 hours that time but how many are there like me?

I think they will nerf it a bit but its still a more understandable way to work the ground and it is needed as new players cannot even build a shack anymore unless the ground is flat.

I was able to use the level action for about 2 hours. I gained more skill in thoes three hours then in 10 before.

I can get the action to dig 3 dirt every click.

I suggest. limit the dirt to just one per click and nerf the skill if needed. I was gettting body stength and digging skills 10x faster.

I only used the action for 2 hours but if its allowed at this speed then digging will not be a trade and the land will start to look like bulldozers rampaged the land.

Awhile back a now banned macro user dredged channels into the north sea of Serenity. These channels are deep and long. They seem to be here forever. I would not want to world to become a land where walking would be a risk just because of the 200 slope pits and canyons across the land.

Edited by Gramuly

How about up to 1 dirt per tick per 30 points of digging skill, this would let 60 skill get up to 2 dirt a tick and 90+ skill (those who already earned it really) up to 3 dirt per tick (what it is now). Let WoA affect the timer too a bit.

We have a good thing right now, lets not totally ruin it.

Edited by Elen
  • Like 1

I think its fair the way its fixed now those who want to dig faster for dirt still can the normal way.

Also makes things easier for new players still as well.

Edited by Protunia

I think its fair the way its fixed now those who want to dig faster for dirt still can the normal way.

Also makes things easier for new players still as well.

But 'tuni, I think the point was to IMPROVE it a bit. It certainly wasn't bad, just not properly linked to the skill/tools being used.

I'll say I dug more in the last 3 days then in the last year, and I don't mean volume. I mean it brought back much of the fun in terraforming; heck I even started revising some deed plans and get ready to put out bulk dirt orders.

To devs: Level is a great idea. Simpler digging is a great idea. Faster digging is a great idea. Balancing them all is the real task.

Edited by Elen
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this