Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New Terraforming Options

Wow way to make yet another spell utterly useless. 80 odd favor, 30min cd for 20damage on 1 tile?? Forget it sunshine.

There's a difference between making it less OP and nerfing something so much no one will now use it.

I can understand wrath of mag needing a rework when multistory was implemented. however, it would have made much more sense to leave in the area effect of the spell and limit it to the one story/floor the priest is standing on. Then it would have been returned to the same effectiveness that it had been for years.

You can now level an adjacent tile if the one you are standing on is flat!

What has been changed? We've always been able to flatten adjacent tiles, and without having to stand on a flat tile. Is this now "we have to stand a flat tile" and is therefore a nerf?

by everyone except those using it, someone calculated that a champion magranon priest that casted wrath of magranon was likely to hit the entire deed & cause 10-20 damage at the least, do you know how long that would take with a catapult?

land of the dead can't raze deeds in an hour.

land of the dead also requires tons of bodies.

something that can tear down a deed that took months to build in matter of an hour is OP, especially since some people live in distant countries that is not in the usual timezones and then they can come in the night when literally no one is online and tear the whole place down easily with a spell that hits the entire deed.

Obviously you have no idea what your talking about because the casting never hit the entire deed and it took 6mag priest 3of them champed for way better casts and thousands of favor so basicly this nerf was to heavy and land of the dead should have a month cooldown now and only raise a maximum of 1body on 1tile.

The Wrath of Magranon spell was considered overpowered and now only affects the target tile lol BL but mostly JK*cough* postes tears certainly made this spell useless just remove it should be a 3x3 atleast tile mag really has nothing compares to bl priest other then dmg bonus and a fire pillar to counter bl fungus, also tameing and breeding is lame now just remove it. Worst update ever. Time to convert BL and enjoy havein boss priests.

Edited by Switch

I have no tears, my deed wasn't hit. It was attempted, but before a catapult was even set up MR had returned to their boat. I think the manner in which you used WoM called for a nerf because it was evident it was sadly abusable, not to game standards, but many player's standards.

Land of the Dead is very powerful, and only has a day cooldown, but the thing is BL doesn't use it constantly because more than likely they know if they did it would be nerfed. From two raids I saw MR do, they used spell both times forcing two deeds to disband, of course someone is going to complain if that is the end result.

Edited by Postes

What has been changed? We've always been able to flatten adjacent tiles, and without having to stand on a flat tile. Is this now "we have to stand a flat tile" and is therefore a nerf?

When you flatten a tile it doesn't take into consideration the slope of any of the tiles around it, it only makes that one tile flat by itself. In fact a lot of times unless you're flatraising in specific, you end up making the tile you're standing on uneven, by turning another tile flat. If you LEVEL the tile (the new feature put in) it will level it the same as the tile you are standing on. Be it via adding or removing dirt.

Edited by Stargrace

Seems good, not really sure about:

• It is no longer possible to breed creatures of special types

At the time of your reply it has already been reverted.

As far as I can read from the updated patch notes it will be available again after the next update.

I have no tears, my deed wasn't hit. It was attempted, but before a catapult was even set up MR had returned to their boat. I think the manner in which you used WoM called for a nerf because it was evident it was sadly abusable, not to game standards, but many player's standards.

Land of the Dead is very powerful, and only has a day cooldown, but the thing is BL doesn't use it constantly because more than likely they know if they did it would be nerfed. From two raids I saw MR do, they used spell both times forcing two deeds to disband, of course someone is going to complain if that is the end result.

You do realise mr had like 30 people at that deed and all bl logged out or wouldnt help that deed 30 people on an undefended deed could do whatever they wanted wrath of mag or no wrath of mag. guess you forget flattening wardeeds on wild eh without wrath of mag.

Let's talk about JK camping the WL now that its at there doorstep. atleast you cant build around it I guess like JK did last time on wild eh.

Edited by Switch

The WL distance wise is actually farther from capital than before, just deeper into heartlands.

Obviously you have no idea what your talking about because the casting never hit the entire deed and it took 6mag priest 3of them champed for way better casts and thousands of favor so basicly this nerf was to heavy and land of the dead should have a month cooldown now and only raise a maximum of 1body on 1tile.

The Wrath of Magranon spell was considered overpowered and now only affects the target tile lol BL but mostly JK*cough* postes tears certainly made this spell useless just remove it should be a 3x3 atleast tile mag really has nothing compares to bl priest other then dmg bonus and a fire pillar to counter bl fungus, also tameing and breeding is lame now just remove it. Worst update ever. Time to convert BL and enjoy havein boss priests.

Show your passport

Oh an MR?

get-out-of-here-bear-16467-1244823238-74.jpg

and yes the spell hit a large part of the deed(s).

I tought MR had enough forum fighters..

wrath of magranon is a spell that you can use whenever you want, in the middle of the night for example like mr did, meanwhile land of the dead we won't exactly stand there on the hota asking our enemies to wait for us to cast it.

Edited by Che

Hi,

Try breeding a champ croc. It will be pregnant for several days, and will eat a small herd of cows during this time. And if you forget to feed it for 1 day only, it will go into "starving" very quickly (even if fat at start), with a good chance to loose it's baby, or even die itself.

And when all this is over, with a very high probability you'll have a little vanilla croc - I only once managed to get champ croc offspring, in many, many tries.

Who'd try to breed champs for FS gains might better try to use the time to whack spiders and unicorns instead, this will yield a multiple of FS, even post-70.

I assume the trick is to breed special champs, maybe dogs? As anybody knows, the FS we get from critters are all but well distributed, a stupid little lava spider giving more skill than an older troll ...

Sometimes it's ridiculous what workarounds Rolf finds to prevent having to deal with an actual bug.

Have fun!

And yet, couldn't have been all that bad or else you wouldn't be whinning about it.

Fyi, i do breed aggros and champs (bears, hellhorses and unicorns mostly), but not really for FS.

Basically it auto-flatraises, you just need to have enough dirt on you. If its to lower it will auto-dig. Basically its a flatraise macro.

Normal flattening simply makes all corners on the tile you select flat, this new command makes the other tile level with the flat tile you're standing on.

Show your passport

Oh an MR?

get-out-of-here-bear-16467-1244823238-74.jpg

and yes the spell hit a large part of the deed(s).

I tought MR had enough forum fighters..

wrath of magranon is a spell that you can use whenever you want, in the middle of the night for example like mr did, meanwhile land of the dead we won't exactly stand there on the hota asking our enemies to wait for us to cast it.

7am is the middle of the night? i know you cried about it to get nerfed but it shouldnt have gotten this big of a nerf like common 1tile.. i understand your gonna get defensive and start trolling as you usualy do acer but please take a step back and realise now the next step is to nerf bl spells. lol drain health wurm brains land of the dead.,..

I like that all those ugly , oversized and ugly colloured animals wont be breedable - they really make every pen look stupid ... for all those haters of that idea i would suggest that instead of removing the possibility to make it as rare as creating rare items to get a champion baby :)

• Like 1

I like that all those ugly , oversized and ugly colloured animals wont be breedable - they really make every pen look stupid ... for all those haters of that idea i would suggest that instead of removing the possibility to make it as rare as creating rare items to get a champion baby :)

Already is close enough to that (with both champ parents i'd say 1/4 tries maybe)

Seriously opinions based on ignorance and aesthetics should be kept to yourself.

• Like 1

• You can now level an adjacent tile if the one you are standing on is flat!

I love you, it's like Christmas come early! :wub:

by everyone except those using it, someone calculated that a champion magranon priest that casted wrath of magranon was likely to hit the entire deed & cause 10-20 damage at the least, do you know how long that would take with a catapult?

something that can tear down a deed that took months to build in matter of an hour is OP, especially since some people live in distant countries that is not in the usual timezones and then they can come in the night when literally no one is online and tear the whole place down easily with a spell that hits the entire deed.

Might want to get your facts straight bud. We had with the champs, essentially 6 Mag priests to cast once each, while everyone was linked up. When linked up with six priests total, it hit roughly a 10x10 area, hardly the "entire deed". And one hour, really?

[00:58:30] A horn sounds and the gates are locked. Niflheim is put on alert!

[01:27:26] Orthanas left the world.

[01:39:56] Varanus left the world.

[01:50:04] Queens left the world.

[01:50:42] Kings left the world. <- one hour later they all logged off

[03:31:48] Savagescholz casts 'Wrath of Magranon'. <- last cast I have recorded in events, may not be the last but we can go by this.

So pretty much 3 hours give or take a bit from starting to finishing with nonstop casting by six priests. Not including time taken to prepare, such as making the hundreds upon hundreds of locks used for this. Yes, it was fast compared to catapulting each tile, but it's seriously not as easy as you make it out to be. It's not walk up with a champ, and an hour later a whole entire deed disappeared...

Maybe it could have used a max size, like 5x5 regardless of link, or an increased cooldown, but for now we may as well rename it to 'Minor Inconvenience of Magranon'.

• Like 3

Might want to get your facts straight bud. We had with the champs, essentially 6 Mag priests to cast once each, while everyone was linked up. When linked up with six priests total, it hit roughly a 10x10 area, hardly the "entire deed". And one hour, really?

[00:58:30] A horn sounds and the gates are locked. Niflheim is put on alert!

[01:27:26] Orthanas left the world.

[01:39:56] Varanus left the world.

[01:50:04] Queens left the world.

[01:50:42] Kings left the world. <- one hour later they all logged off

[03:31:48] Savagescholz casts 'Wrath of Magranon'. <- last cast I have recorded in events, may not be the last but we can go by this.

So pretty much 3 hours give or take a bit from starting to finishing with nonstop casting by six priests. Not including time taken to prepare, such as making the hundreds upon hundreds of locks used for this. Yes, it was fast compared to catapulting each tile, but it's seriously not as easy as you make it out to be. It's not walk up with a champ, and an hour later a whole entire deed disappeared...

Maybe it could have used a max size, like 5x5 regardless of link, or an increased cooldown, but for now we may as well rename it to 'Minor Inconvenience of Magranon'.

and doing that with a catapult would take 12 hours atleast

its good as it is now.

Not just the linking that made it an issue, but it didn't get effected by multistory. You could do a 8x8 and all stories of a house to equal damage. You're talking about thousands of mortars + bricks being destroyed by a cast, that isn't fair simply put. You're talking about 30+ walls being hit in one cast, you can't repair that much in a small time. The work you raiding should equal (=) The work put into building it. WoM significantly made it easier to raid and bypass working harder than others needed to. Sorry, but if you don't think that was an overpowered spell, you're clearly bias.

I don't understand either, if there was 30 people at that raid, then what's the big deal? 30 players, you can have miners, haulers, catapulters. You could have 3-5 catapults going at once with that large of a siege. I guess I'm just confused why the nerf seems like such a big deal if you have a manpower to obviously siege.

Edited by Postes

Never said it wasn't powerful, and I agree that making multistory affect it would be a proper fix. Was just clearing up Che's post about wrecking the deed in an hour with one champ cast hitting the entire deed.

I just feel there's better fixes than nerfing it to 1 tile, where it probably still affects all floors.

But newbs don't build roofs

Good solution, no visit from Smokey the Bear to douse the fire if you leave the roof off your shack.

Never said it wasn't powerful, and I agree that making multistory affect it would be a proper fix. Was just clearing up Che's post about wrecking the deed in an hour with one champ cast hitting the entire deed.

I just feel there's better fixes than nerfing it to 1 tile, where it probably still affects all floors.

it is better if it is as it is now, I like PvP, destroying peoples deeds in the middle of the night with an overpowered spell does not give any PvP.

Edited by Che

Sure it was very powerful with 6 linkers including 3 champs, but now rolf has done his usual bit, which is nerf it so hard into oblivion its totally useless

Edited by Bart
  • Like 1

Does WoM damage only structures or also chests, food bins, bulk bins and/or boats?

Haha, suck it Magranon. That spell was a joke. No way you should be able to destroy 3 weeks of work in 3 hours. You took down the first longhouse in just 40 minutes, that's (10 walls * 2 stories)*2 layers + a third layer of LSW = over 50 walls being damaged + all floors. It was impossible to defend against even if we had everyone doing constant repairs. I'm sure once inside, you were damaging over 100 walls at once when Wrathing the token building/houses. The spell still has it's use now, it's just no longer the go-to option that makes catapults pointless. You can still link and spam to break through a narrow portion of walls very quickly, and you can do it in places that a catapult normally couldn't go, like the side of a mountain or along water or inside a city that you normally couldn't get minimum catapult range in.

Edited by Versai

Does WoM damage only structures or also chests, food bins, bulk bins and/or boats?

Only structures, didn't affect minedoors/chests/forges/boats/altars

[11:39:47] You start to flattening the tile border. [11:40:21] You can't flattening at that depth.

Minor thing but thought I'd post it here.

This bothers me so much. :unsure:

Sign in to follow this