Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New Terraforming Options

Maybe give an option to gain more dirt as your digging skill goes up? Like at level 70 you can dig two and at level 90 you can do three dirt with each action might be okay but it is fine either way.

I really don't see a reason to do this to be honest.

The advantage of the new system is that you are required to interact with it less to do the same job.

I think it is fine that you only ever get 1 dirt per 5 secs no matter your digging skill and I certainly don't feel i should be entitled to get more dirt from it just because i have very high digging skill. My advantage from that skill ( for me personally ) is that i can dig / raise much steeper slopes.

Edited by Kediec
  • Like 1

I don't care either the suggestion was just for the guys that were saying they felt shafted because skills and tool did not matter now i think it was great the way it was before the nerf. I also would like to see more things get faster and less tedious but that's for another topic.

• Like 2

Great, then why not remove skill, quality and enchantment effects from regular digging as well, and don't forget mining and woodcutting while you are at it.

Hell, why not remove skills from the game entirely.

Wurm would be Minecraft, but we would surely get 2 million new players.

It makes no sense that leveling is not balanced with the rest of the digging. Either you make digging align with leveling then face the same cries about mining not being productivity aligned, or you simply align leveling with digging.

Other than that the function itself is fine, it makes sense that you could lower a slope from the bottom as the dirt would just slide down so you can dig it out. It is a good replacement for flatten as at affects fewer surrounding tiles. It should not randomly unbalance both sides though, it should do it evenly left/right/left/right.

Flattening an edge is balanced with digging, because it is simply just flatten working on 2 corners out of 4. Its leveling that needs more work.

It makes no sense that leveling is not balanced with the rest of the digging.

It makes no sense that you keep arguing it when Tich already has said that

But i dont have any plans on doing this

Maybe go back to argue for making roads 100 times harder to make, at least you agree with Tich on that :ph34r: Edited by Wulfgar

Another from Rolf on IRC:

Special type means champion, raging, greenish, etc.

It was removed, because people were breeding fight skill.

We got him to change it so that champions can still be breed but breed ones don't give fight skill.

This is what frightens me about the development of wurm, that Rolf's opinion and direction is guided by the half a dozen or so people on IRC. If your playstyle isn't represented by someone vocal on IRC you're screwed.

(apologies for the mild necro, just catching up on news and not liking much of what's happening)

Sign in to follow this