Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

A One World/server Revamp Idea

Well, your proposed system is geared to push the largest section of the playerbase into doing something they may actively dislike in order to achieve progression, pretty much because you like PVP. People don't play games to do something they hate. They play to do something they love. For a PVE player, its whatever floats their boat, be that building, crafting, collecting, exploration or, you know, fighting. Getting stronger and better in Wurm is a very rewarding experience and under this system, I wouldn't get better or stronger at all past a certain point - so even though I'm paying money to be premium, I have a crippled account.

Again, turn it around. Make your system put the PVP people in the middle, with that forced maximum skill cap possible because of the 40ql ore vein availability, with the option to buy transmutation rods by grinding silver by making mortar until your eyes bleed or dumping more real money into the game on order to change that status quo, and I'll consider playing that game since it's your experience that will suffer, not mine - and I don't care what PVP players do to each other.

If you won't put up with that, then I won't put up with that.

-1 to this terrible, horrible idea. This was thought only through the eyes of a PvP player and it would disrupt the game for most of the population.

For starters Im a crafter/industrial player on games. So yea... this wasnt thought up from a PvP point of view.

Well, your proposed system is geared to push the largest section of the playerbase into doing something they may actively dislike in order to achieve progression, pretty much because you like PVP. People don't play games to do something they hate. They play to do something they love. For a PVE player, its whatever floats their boat, be that building, crafting, collecting, exploration or, you know, fighting. Getting stronger and better in Wurm is a very rewarding experience and under this system, I wouldn't get better or stronger at all past a certain point - so even though I'm paying money to be premium, I have a crippled account.

Again, turn it around. Make your system put the PVP people in the middle, with that forced maximum skill cap possible because of the 40ql ore vein availability, with the option to buy transmutation rods by grinding silver by making mortar until your eyes bleed or dumping more real money into the game on order to change that status quo, and I'll consider playing that game since it's your experience that will suffer, not mine - and I don't care what PVP players do to each other.

If you won't put up with that, then I won't put up with that.

That is why you have this thing called, Selling goods. Players can ring things from the PvP area into the PvE area and sell it. Theres a lot of players that buy the metals they need instead of mine it themselves. And seeing as this is based on Eve online. Theres 300,000+ paid accounts vers the 3,000 paid accounts here. So sure, A handfull will get upset, leave. And come back while the player count increased 10times what it is now.

Giving everything to PvE players is what makes games boring and only have a low player count. Total players

956/7200

Where as Eve online has 40,202 players online right now. And between 60k-70k on the weekends, while wurm hits 1,200 players. To me seems this system works.

Its a step backward if theres no structure for an evil kingdom among the server. (HOTS)