Sign in to follow this  
KyleBooze

Gems and Jewelry

Maybe a bit off topic, but how about different blade variants for each different sword that effects the armour it hits. Lets say... a long, slender, and sharp longsword would be very effective against studded, but weak against plate. On the other hand, a thick, ridged, and hardened longsword would be very effect against plate, but weak studded and chain. It would give each armour its own special characteristics, and you'll more than likely see all types of armours out on the battlefield.

Along the lines of axes, a thick, heavy, and ridged axe would be extremely effective against plate, quite possibly doing knock-down blows, but it would be extremely ineffective to studded as the evasion is higher. Another kind of axe could be a thin, lightweight, and sharp axe, and it would be weak against plate, damage wise, but extremely effective against studded as it is quick and deadly.

We alreayd have that, but it is with mauls, swords, and whatever the other thing is. But yeah, if they divide up swords like that, I want a katana.

simple ideas...

Fo: Enchanted ring helps with healing only on Bandaged or HC covered wounds, and very light or Light wounds (QL depletes after every heal tick)

Vynora: Enchanted Necklace, increase to success at making items... depending on QL would be QL/10 + normal success rate= enchanted success rate (QL depletes after every item made)

Magranon:  Enchanted bracelet (kind of like Zelda)  allows the person to carry more in their inventory (ie Stronger) (QL depletes after every tile moved)

Libilia:  Enchanted earring (or something else... also unoriginal today)  Allows for stealth in the day light, or a plus QL/100 to the body stat needed for stealthing (ql depletes every 15 seconds)

If item is worn by the opposite religion the decay rate is 50% more

simple ideas...

Fo: Enchanted ring helps with healing only on Bandaged or HC covered wounds, and very light or Light wounds (QL depletes after every heal tick)

Vynora: Enchanted Necklace, increase to success at making items... depending on QL would be QL/10 + normal success rate= enchanted success rate (QL depletes after every item made)

Magranon:  Enchanted bracelet (kind of like Zelda)  allows the person to carry more in their inventory (ie Stronger) (QL depletes after every tile moved)

Libilia:  Enchanted earring (or something else... also unoriginal today)  Allows for stealth in the day light, or a plus QL/100 to the body stat needed for stealthing (ql depletes every 15 seconds)

If item is worn by the opposite religion the decay rate is 50% more

What if the items are worn by someone without a religion, will they also be penalized?

if you go hots you are forced BL.  If you are MR or JK you can be atheist... and maybe if you are you shouldnt be able to get any bonuses... If you dont believe something is powerful, than how can it give you any power?

if you go hots you are forced BL.  If you are MR or JK you can be atheist... and maybe if you are you shouldnt be able to get any bonuses... If you dont believe something is powerful, than how can it give you any power?

I say that about gravity all the time. Now I need velcro to stay alive. Doh

Why does everybody want stuff to deplete so fast?  Why can't it just give you a small bonus and not deplete at all, but just rather decay instead?  Especially gem encrusted jewlery.  Why does the darn thing have to go so bad?  I mean if its hard to make and it disappears in like two days, then whats the point of having it in the first place?

What ever happened to a diamond ring meaning forever?

Small bonuses are boring, large bonuses + depletion make the item more valuable and not something that's 'required' for every player's outfit like a chain set, tool belt, compass, etc... are

Small bonuses are boring, large bonuses + depletion make the item more valuable and not something that's 'required' for every player's outfit like a chain set, tool belt, compass, etc... are

If something is going to cost me several silver and wont be there tommorow morning then its not worth the hyped up price.

If its a small bonus then its also not required (and neither is the toolbelt either actually).  But your talking about items that are difficult to craft, potentially use rare resources (gems), and deplete quickly.  If something is going to cost me several silver and wont be there tommorow morning then its not worth the hyped up price.

Not to mention, small bonuses to things can make a big difference in the long run anyway.  This gives the item significantly more value to me than your one use ring of auto implode.

If its a small bonus then its also not required (and neither is the toolbelt either actually).  But your talking about items that are difficult to craft, potentially use rare resources (gems), and deplete quickly.  If something is going to cost me several silver and wont be there tommorow morning then its not worth the hyped up price.

Not to mention, small bonuses to things can make a big difference in the long run anyway.  This gives the item significantly more value to me than your one use ring of auto implode.

Hey, my little character has a healthy respect for all the gods, she has simply chosen not to associate herself with one above the others.

I agree with Shadow on this one. I see no reason why the gemmed rings and such need to give out big bonuses, and I also don't see why they would need to decay fast.

Star gems for the big bonuses  8) 8) 8)

+1

Also to Shadow, i ment that you could repair them, but overtime they will lose their potency unless you can personally imp them yourself.

Believe me, a High QL sword can lose 20 QL in a day of training, and a 80 QL shield can be taken down to 1 QL in a day.

If these things gave bonuses, than they would have to rot much like good PVP gear.

also... have you ever worn a ring constantly smelting iron... fighting... doing heavy work for weeks on end?  they usually end up scratched and scuffed gem falls out... and in need of polishing up from a skilled professional...  just my 2 cents

Over time?  Maybe.  Maybe, were talking months or perhaps a year.  These pvp items you talk about, weapons and armour.  They are being bashed, struck, and sliced up.  Your using a sword to strike other things.  Of course its going to take damage!  Your not doing that with a ring.  Unless your only defence vrs a troll club is the dinky little ring on your finger and you know you hold up your hand in anticipation of the troll club instead of, you know, trying to doge the troll club.  Yea, then I could buy into the idea that your ring will suddenly take a crap load of damage if not your hand or possibly your arm.

Even then, they don't need huge bonuses.  Big bonuses, even over a short period of time, tend to unbalance very badly in favor of people who have a never ending supply of mommies or daddies credit card money.  Seriously, little bonuses over time are better and much more easily managed than big bonuses that last a few days.

Seriously, little bonuses over time are better and much more easily managed than big bonuses that last a few days.

+1

They should atleast last 4-5 months without needing to go to the jewel smith for repairs

Seriously, little bonuses over time are better and much more easily managed than big bonuses that last a few days.

+1

They should atleast last 4-5 months without needing to go to the jewel smith for repairs

im not saying a little bonus shouldnt last longer than a huge bonus.  Nor am i favoring little or Huge.  Im saying, with the combination of no gem, gemmed, and star gemmed jewelry we can have a plethora of different levels of items.  Ones that give little bonus and last a long time, to those that give a rather large bonus (not game breaking) that dont last very long.

I do believe anything huge in bonuses shouldnt last long, and if something that doesnt effect PVP is a light bonus.. sure it can last awhile.

People need to realise though that things effect PVP and ruin it sometimes.  That is what the rotting is for, not for the Home server goldsmiths to make a ton of money.

*Casts...Nothing* Phail. Anyways, I agree with Shadow. Small enhances.

Ring of Libila -> Decreases Absorption time of Mycelium/And Or, increases amount of health healed by Mycelium.

+1 I just want to be able to make gem studded rings and amulets with low ql gems. Really don't care about the enchants or casts. And yes I'm a total Necro! What else am I going to do while grinding but sift through all these old yet lovely ideas that have been long neglected. ;)