Sign in to follow this  
KyleBooze

Gems and Jewelry

Make diamond rings and also make them able to vessel and stuff like that, I'm not gonna go into detail as I want to see what everybody else will come up with...

It would be nice if we can give different enchants to jewlery that actually do something like, rings of regeneration or something that help increase your healing tick a little bit, but are hard to do since the enchant could end up destroying the jewlery quite easily, as well it should only help a little bit with wounds or something similar.  The power of the healing could be based on the gem type, ring quality, and power of the enchant.

Magranon could have a ring that increases damage dealt somewhat, vynora could have rings that reduce skill decay, and libia could have something that helps them heal their own damage when they deal damage to others.

I've always liked the idea of giving priests ability to channel their powers to gems in jewelry (if those two were to be combined), so that spells such as "Cure medium" or "Flaming aura" could in turn be channeled by anyone in possession of this jewelry, until the power of the gem fades away.

I've also found the idea of letting various types of gems act similarly to Materia (from the Final Fantasy series) when used together with weapons. Say, have a priest channel FA and a certain amount of favor to a ruby, and sell it to a warrior. Warrior proceeds to attaching the enchanted ruby, giving the weapon the Flaming Aura power until the gem favor fades away.

I like the idea of having jewelry that gives you a Small bonus to something.

I would strongly dislike something like woa/coc/fa  equivalents, Instead some new bonuses like 50% increase in not getting wounds when falling on a small slope, Bonus in dodging hits, walking faster when dragging a cart etc... (not too inventive today)

Well all jewellry smithing has so far is making items from gold and silver...

adding Gems wouldnt be a bad idea, plus it would give a use for those 4ql gems you find. ;)

I also wouldnt mind wearing a Ruby amulet. ::)

Might also call in for some new enchants for these jewellry but thats going off topic.

• Like 1

A smart idea would be to have a reusable vesselable ring. Every 1 QL = 1 Favor stored.  Resets to 1 QL after each use.

I really would like rings of regeneration really.  Something that makes my healing ticks somewhat more powerful really.  Like maybe wearing the maximum ammount of them (probably 2, one on each ring finger), would make it so that medium wound heal, and bad wounds degrade slowly or something.

Awesome shawdow

I'll add by saying that when the ring are worn: they not only help for each healing tick, they lose ql.

Numbers are arbitrary and just an example:

1ql per light (full heal)

3-5ql per medium (heals for +1)

10ql per bad (heals the bad in such a way it doesn't get worse. If it is treated, it'll add to the HC power)

15ql per sereve (same as bad)

To use, simply place on the hand, arm, neck. The player cannot chose what gets healed. To prevent loss of ql, simply place the item in inventory.

I'm being harsh with my numbers so as not to unbalance the game. People will be running with 20kg of jewelry if they are too powerful.

Awesome shawdow

I'll add by saying that when the ring are worn: they not only help for each healing tick, they lose ql.

Numbers are arbitrary and just an example:

1ql per light (full heal)

3-5ql per medium (heals for +1)

10ql per bad (heals the bad in such a way it doesn't get worse. If it is treated, it'll add to the HC power)

15ql per sereve (same as bad)

To use, simply place on the hand, arm, neck. The player cannot chose what gets healed. To prevent loss of ql, simply place the item in inventory.

I'm being harsh with my numbers so as not to unbalance the game. People will be running with 20kg of jewelry if they are too powerful.

It shouldn't heal bads or severes, just prevent bads from getting that much worse and severes only get a small helping from rings of regeneration.

When Rolf nerfed jewellery prices he said there would be some interesting jewellery coming in for jewellers to make.

I hazard a guess at small skill buffs, small temporary protections, small heals, small temporary speed buffs and all at the cost of large amounts of sanity! :P

It would be nice if we can give different enchants to jewlery that actually do something like, rings of regeneration or something that help increase your healing tick a little bit, but are hard to do since the enchant could end up destroying the jewlery quite easily, as well it should only help a little bit with wounds or something similar.  The power of the healing could be based on the gem type, ring quality, and power of the enchant.

Magranon could have a ring that increases damage dealt somewhat, vynora could have rings that reduce skill decay, and libia could have something that helps them heal their own damage when they deal damage to others.

How about we buff BLers in the aspect of Enchanted Jewellery, would draw people in.

Namely in the aspect of actually "Picking" mycellium, grinding it via Alchemy, and enchanting the jewels with the stuff, and then when it's made into a ring, the power of the object is magnified.

Bl should have some wicked Ring of Power, only created by extremely high jewel smiths and with a one-shot purpose, for instance Aiya kills Fomar and butchers him to get meat and blood, the blood is then used by a jewelsmith  to create a Ring which can then be used by Aiya against Fomar the next time she meets him to drain his stamina. Maybe there could be similar white light rings, to balance the use. They should be hard to make easy to use and quick to deplete.

I like it.  ;)

[02:27:04] A long and slender sword. The iron longsword needs to be sharpened with a whetstone.

[02:27:04] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Peo'.

[02:27:04] It is stained with the blood of a Gavin, and has an aggressive aura towards chickens.

It would be nice if we can give different enchants to jewlery that actually do something like, ring of ... libia ...

ring.jpg

I want it!  ;D

[02:27:04] A long and slender sword. The iron longsword needs to be sharpened with a whetstone.

[02:27:04] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Peo'.

[02:27:04] It is stained with the blood of a Gavin, and has an aggressive aura towards chickens.

That is a great idea! Perhaps imbue your sword with special properties for killing different people, like if you kill a champion your sword gets a special enchantment. Or if the enemy's highest skill was in normal fighting then you get a slight boost when using normal.

How about a trinket that gives you your elevation - smithed from jewelry?

Maybe a bit off topic, but how about different blade variants for each different sword that effects the armour it hits. Lets say... a long, slender, and sharp longsword would be very effective against studded, but weak against plate. On the other hand, a thick, ridged, and hardened longsword would be very effect against plate, but weak studded and chain. It would give each armour its own special characteristics, and you'll more than likely see all types of armours out on the battlefield.

Along the lines of axes, a thick, heavy, and ridged axe would be extremely effective against plate, quite possibly doing knock-down blows, but it would be extremely ineffective to studded as the evasion is higher. Another kind of axe could be a thin, lightweight, and sharp axe, and it would be weak against plate, damage wise, but extremely effective against studded as it is quick and deadly.

You could just fix the ways that the current swords are, as follows:

2 Handed

Studded: Hard to hit, but deadly

Chain: 50/50 Hit, not as hard

Plate: Easy to hit, weaker blows, heavy armour damage

Longsword

Studded: 50/50 hit and damage

Chain: High Damage, but hard to hit

Plate: 50/50 hit and damage

Short Sword

Studded: Extremely easy to hit, weak blows

Chain: 50/50 hit and damage