Sign in to follow this  
ZGLando

Catapult Bugs. Multiple People Attempted. No Fix.

1)Hello, the past couple of days my neighbors and myself have been having problems destroying walls. Example [Low stone wall] wiki says 10 tiles for the catapult's minimum range. Right, lets try that.

When we shoot minimum range the message given would be "[16:59:53] You cannot fire at such a short range." So, for one. The wiki is wrong. It must of been changed latest patch. Which path notes don't reveal any catapult mechanic changes. Only visual. (animation).

okay, so lets back it up a tile. (Notice: i'm 11 tiles away now) 80 K.G shard / Load / Winch 11 times / (Please note: This is all done on flat surface. So i don't have to adjust for height)

Message received when launched. "[16:53:33] You just missed some fences with the rock shards." "[16:53:33] You hit nothing with the rock shards." Okay. Now these aren't from 2 shots. These TWO messages are shown, from 1 shot of the catapult. Now i could be as simple as, there are other fences around it. Okay, *brush off*. I shot 25 times. Each one missing. (Started to think its not bad luck) Brought in another person to confirm its not just me.. He misses another 5 times.. (Bad luck?) With high catapult skill? I don't think so. I contact MGMT chat to report bug. (Conversation goes on explaining what I am doing)

(Note i'm not talking to a GM. i'm talking to a CA who thinks it may just be me.) So he/she tells me its 11 tiles away you are suppose to shoot. I explain, but wiki says it is 10. (He/she cannot change the wiki, so i brush that off) Its suppose to work 11 tiles away now. (Okay, why don't the patch notes explain that?) So it might be false information or failure to announce it in patch notes. So what is going on here? i am absolutely positive of where my catapult stands. How it SHOULD work. 5 people can not be wrong. Especially since the 5 people have been here for so long, used it before, and have skill in catapulting. I'm getting complaints about other people using catapults as well. Apparently if you have a catapult above a BSB(bulk storage bin) it will NOT work. (Example: BSB is in a cave, catapult is anywhere in height above it. Failure to work)

Please devs, fix this quickly or come out and destroy my gates yourself, because this is holding a lot of people back and costing a lot of shards.

My in-game name is ZGLando. I'm on exodus server, and currently own the deed SS Trader Express. I'm not the only one complaining about catapults here. I'd appreciate it if people do their own testing to confirm this. I know we're not a neighborhood of dulls, we've taken everyone's advise. As far as we know, its a bug from the recent patching of animations.

Deffo some kind of catapult bug.

I tried shooting walls down in village recently from every direction, N W S E from 10 tiles range and it would produce the "You cannot fire at such a short range" message. Even attempted at 11 tiles and more range with same issue. Deffo cata bug going on that affects players intermittently.

This seemed to happen after the catapult animation patch as prior to the patch release I had destroyed multiple walls.

Edited by Weedwarrior

I tried at zglandos to break the wall with catapult then tried some more on my own deed shooting at my house and still had no luch from any 11 tiles. i fired 11 cranks to 15 cranks each multiple times and shot just vanished with miss also never found any leftover shot on the ground. in the past I've always found at least one or 2 after 10 shots.

catapults are bugged. they are suppose to fire at 10 but currently don't. The other problem after talking to others is it will stray to the left or right.. over shoot by 1 or 2 tiles or even fall short by 1 or 2 tiles. I tested it at 15 tiles away. and to hit the wall on the 15th tile. i had to winch 17 or 18 times.

I recently noted, its a known issue. Don't use catapults i guess until they fix it.

My case:

It's not the first time i use cat either. did it at the easy way ( 11 tiles away north direction) messeges sayin i just missed the stone wall, you hit nothing. the distance is not perfect etc..

Then i moved it 15 tiles away all flatt area, 15x winch shoot, wall gone, no messeges, keeo shooting and trying getting a messege on event chat.. nothing. go check the wall its already gone x)

Put BUGGY on it ;)

Cheers