Sign in to follow this  
DefImp

Papyrus Makermark/watermark

Okay. I think papyrus should have a maker mark, and that mark should be accessible at 20 QL or above. Anything below this QL should not be usable as evidence for anything, such as harrassment, etc.

Firstly, Wurm has established that we are responsible for our words. If we use profanity or racial/religious/etc slurs, we can face some sort of administrative punishment. If I'm mistaken please correct me.

While I have not seen it yet, I do believe there is potential for misleading information and misidentification. A papyrus with no maker mark can have any information and content on it, and can be used to try to incriminate someone. For example, leaving 5000 papyrus notes on a deed that read:

"You Suck.

Love, Player X"

However, Player X did not write these. Instead it was Player Y, his arch-rival, in order to try to incriminate him, and get administrative punishment due to the paper spam. Having makermarks easily accessible would let us know, not only that it wasn't Player X, but that it was Player Y.

I believe this has some effect on diplomatic envoys and advertising to an effect. Though I understand alot of this is done through the Forum, I know I have personally used the papyrus to seek out new markets for my products, simply because not all players use the markets.

Thus...MakerMarks/WaterMarks on paper.

What if you simply bought 5k papyrus for this exact purpose? It would then have the original makers sig on it, still not your own. I mean if they're THAT intent on griefing someone in this way (which is a complete waste of time and effort tbh)I highly doubt they're going to make the papyrus themselves anyways.

That said, from what I'm able to gather, GM's can see exactly who dropped an item. Therefore I don't think this problem would last very long if it did arise.

Now as for:

If we use profanity or racial/religious/etc slurs, we can face some sort of administrative punishment.

You "can" use profanity, as many do, in PM's and or local, so long as no one takes offence to it. Racial/religious matter is an obvious thing, since that's borderline harassment to most people, because many take it so seriously.

Edited by whereami

Methinks someone got framed for a nasty papyrus surprise

• Like 1

-1 Just stop dropping papers with curses on them. yeah, now we know it was you !