Let us carry a bow in our left hand. However, when we change to or from a melee weapon we get a few seconds delay. Would obviously work from tool belt.

Main thing, cuts out what a huge nuisance it is to change weapons.

+1 to this, I don't know how it would work and have no suggestions on how to implement it, but it would be a very handy feature.

so you want to carry a HUGE WEAPON and a BOW at the same time and insta swap basically??

I wouldn't mind a weapon swap toggle bind with a 3-5 second timer

so you want to carry a huge weapon and a bow at the same time and insta swap basically??

Huge counts as both hands full because it is a two handed weapon. I thought that was obvious but guess it needs to be stated. Also, no need to exaggerate, I mentioned a time to swop it. Not instant.

Might want to check out the new guide on key binds...http://forum.wurmonl...keyboard-guide/

Specifically talks about swapping items, with some minor tweeks, would be useful for your stated needs as well.

Edited by Hussars

That changes the function of a key. It doesn't allow me to hold a bow in my left hand so that I can use it or use the weapon in my right hand.

so you want to carry a HUGE WEAPON and a BOW at the same time and insta swap basically??

I happen to be a avid archer and past fencer.. You could quite easily carry a Longsword ( I own a hefty bastard sword ) and a bow ( Also own one of these, heavier than a wooden bow, barebow without any sights.. ) at the same time.. now you could not fire said bow without another free hand, so firing a bow WHILST CARRYING a sword is out of the question... BUUUUUUT, what if, rather than swapping such and such from hand to hand, why not allow us to have a Sheath ( Leather belt + Leather Sheath ) to put our swords in, or in the case of a maul, let us tie it to our belts? and let us simply sling our bows across our middles for easy carrying in battle... So you want to stop shooting your bow? Enemy closing on you? have a 3-5 second timer ( that can go whilst moving ) to sling that bow over your shoulder, pull your longsword from your sheath and attack the enemy? Or vise versa, they're distancing themselves, so instead of taking a while to fumble in your inventory, click the option to sheath your sword and unsling your bow ( again, 3-5 second timer that goes while your moving )

I think my suggestion here is a realistic one... I hope y'all see it this way.

Reason I suggested this way is that it could be quickly and easily implemented.

Are you suggesting we weild both weapons at once, and use a swap feature thing to go between using each?.. If so... IDK how'd you fire a bow with anything in your hands BESIDES the bow.

Anything would be nice, even if just stole the old bandoleer method that EQ used, clicking and scrolling through inventory to swap weapons is so intuitive.

• Like 1

-1, -1 as far as the eye can see! FIELDS of -1 to this idea.

I use bow, and oftenly switch to a 2hand sword, if you know the terrain you are in, you can just auto-walk away or to the enemy, while changing the weapons. No special new functionality is needed for this. And carrying a bow and a sword would most probably render both weapons useless, since you cant shoot with one hand, and while using a one handed weapon, carrying a bow in your other hand would really hinder you (not because of weight, but because of volume).

Short Version: It can already be done, no need for a new function (and the bugs that come with each new function)

Bad OP, but a weapon swap button would be nice. Once we have a paperdoll gear model we could have a couple 'loadout' tabs and be able to switch between them at the push of a button (and appropriate timer delay of course).

Huge counts as both hands full because it is a two handed weapon. I thought that was obvious but guess it needs to be stated. Also, no need to exaggerate, I mentioned a time to swop it. Not instant.

um....bows are two handed weapons too.

+1 to the sheathe Idea. Timer while moving may bring back the shortbow..

. If so... IDK how'd you fire a bow with anything in your hands BESIDES the bow.

With suspension of disbelief or a hook on your hilt until they implement sheathing.

Protunia you should know that bows themselves have a pretty long shooting time to cause much ruckus about making it easier to swap weapons, its not exactly a game killer

Protunia you should know that bows themselves have a pretty long shooting time to cause much ruckus about making it easier to swap weapons, its not exactly a game killer

oh hell yes bows are game killers lol. Horses and pets dying in seconds and only took couple months build up to 5 trait horses...

oh hell yes bows are game killers lol. Horses and pets dying in seconds and only took couple months build up to 5 trait horses...

The Bowman cannot move, the timer is long enough that you can charge, Chain barding can help your horse survive, Bowman have a minimal and a maximum distance, AND a timer to swap wont be a game killer, trust me

Also 5 traits arent hard to make ;) ... 5 speed is a different thing

Edited by shadowblasta

Invest in some barding :P

+1 to OP, a switching method with a 3-5 second timer would be nice

Edited by Bart

-1 to OP, but a switching method with a 3-5 second timer would be nice

The OP wasnt talking about an instant swap she was talking about a timer swap like what your saying so you might want to change your - into a +

-1 to OP, but a switching method with a 3-5 second timer would be nice

does it even protect the head lol?

The OP wasnt talking about an instant swap she was talking about a timer swap like what your saying so you might want to change your - into a +

Its late! its not my fault :(

does it even protect the head lol?

Yes the barding covers the entire horse