Sign in to follow this  
biofryd

Cannot Combine Keels For Boat

Hi

I am trying to built a rowing boat for myself, and I have all the materials, all the tenons, hull planks and keels etc. I have improving the keels so they are about 13 in quality, and my skill in ship building above 6 now. But I cannot figure out how to build the "unfinished boat". I can only carry 1 keel, and when activating that and clicking on the other one on the ground, I do not get any option to create the boat. What am I doing wrong? Is my ship building skill too low? if so, what is the minimum skill for this?

Please help

As a new player, you need to drop every item from your inventory, this will allow you to pick up the two keels, then you can start the boat.

Even as an established player, I sometimes need to remove items to make enough space to carry them both.

Edited by Melketh

The maximum weight you can carry is 7x your body strength. Keels weigh 60 each, as such you ned to be able to carry 120. Every player starts with 19.5 body strength which allows you to carry 136.5, but obviously you have to have less than 16.5 in your inventory and body to be able to pick up the two keels.

• Like 1

Thanx for the quick responses. I had tried dropping everything in inventory, but had not dropped the item I had on my body....that did the trick....thanx

The maximum weight you can carry is 7x your body strength. Keels weigh 60 each, as such you ned to be able to carry 120. Every player starts with 19.5 body strength which allows you to carry 136.5, but obviously you have to have less than 16.5 in your inventory and body to be able to pick up the two keels.

Ahhh, the convoluted and devious lengths that the Wurm mechanics go through to prevent players from completing the most tantalizing tasks. Soon, soon, just out of reach for now.

*stretches on tiptoes to reach the carrot*

=Ayes=

Ahhh, the convoluted and devious lengths that the Wurm mechanics go through to prevent players from completing the most tantalizing tasks. Soon, soon, just out of reach for now.

*stretches on tiptoes to reach the carrot*

=Ayes=

It's precisely that that means this skill system works. If there were no carrots to push for (be it a title, being able to imp something to whatever value etc etc.), people just wouldn't bother ;) And it's of course why free players are limited to 20 :)