Sign in to follow this  
Versai

No Nut On Rare Log Sacrifice

So I had a 30.56ql rare pinewood log that I cut. I saved it for a sacrifice a couple hours later (it still had no damage). I expected to get a refresh but didn't get anything. I think the problem is I cut this log from a young tree, so it gave a smaller weight log straight from the cut-down action. I notice in the past if you cut shafts from a rare log or a brick from a rare rock shard, etc. that if most of the rare is used, it won't count for a refresh. In this case, the log was still entirely intact with it's initial weight and quality. I assume the code thought that it was a mostly-used log though, not granting the refresh. Not a big deal, but just wanted to report the bug.

Has to be the full weight (in the case of a log 24kg) to give the bonus afaik, i've noticed this with rockshards and iron lump, sacrificing any less than the full amount gives nothing

Has to be the full weight (in the case of a log 24kg) to give the bonus afaik, i've noticed this with rockshards and iron lump, sacrificing any less than the full amount gives nothing

Understood, but in this case the rare WAS it's full weight at the moment it was cut down. IMO if I waste a drumroll on a tree, the rare log should be worth something if I do indeed keep the weight full.

Has to be 24kg unfortunately, just the way rolf has coded it so you cant use said rare item till its really low weight and then sac it

Same happened to me. I hope that the database can be fixed to record when a rare was cut from a young tree, or a fruit tree. Otherwise these rares are fairly useless, in my opinion.

They aren't useless

They can be used with carpentry imping for a chance at a rare. Or carpentry creation.. they have possible uses.. just because you don't care about anything but sacrificing it doesn't mean its useless

• Like 1