Sign in to follow this  
Flyingkiwi

Fix /transfer !

Since new update all my freedom account have lost the /transfer they have and now get this message [20:47:48] This command is restricted to the Chaos server now.

is this a bug? cause i want my /transfers back

Command /transfer was on freedom cluster to change libila priests into some else deity, when Libila was removed.

Now Libila is back on Chaos, so you can use /transfer on Chaos only to return to Libila.

Your fail is you did not use /transfer before Libila returned to Chaos ...

Edited by Zakerak

It has been used for a few things this is the third that I know of from my time playing it is just a command that he uses for whatever he needs it for at the time.

Command /transfer was on freedom cluster to change libila priests into some else deity, when Libila was removed.

Now Libila is back on Chaos, so you can use /transfen on Chaos only to return to Libila.

Your fail is you did not use /tranfer before Libila returned to Chaos ...

/Transfer is one of those that when you want to sell a priest, you think Okay, has it a /transfer? It has the skills I want, but not the right Religion, with /Transfer it allowed players to buy and sell easier, you didn't have to wait years on end to get a decent priest of the religion you want and the skills you want like channeling, farming, etc.

This should be classed as a Bug imo, what about all those players who have sold a /transfer priest without the transfer being used yet, they've made extra cash off of it and the player who's bought loses out.

if /Transfer is intended to be Chaos only then I believe that there should of been more warning and a given Set Date as to when the Removal of /Transfer for Freedom servers would end, giving those who hadn't used the option to use it or lose it.

Bit unfair to have it just come in without warning tbh.

• Like 1

well as it was to compensate for the loss of Libla religion in the first place...only those on chaos at that time were supposed to get it anyhow....so using it as a selling point was of limited duration anyhow....those who paid extra...should have researched its purpose before purchasing it for extra monies. Is only fitting it is now again usable for those to regain libla now that it is back since they were forced to change from it in the first place......

if /Transfer is intended to be Chaos only then I believe that there should of been more warning and a given Set Date as to when the Removal of /Transfer for Freedom servers would end, giving those who hadn't used the option to use it or lose it.

Bit unfair to have it just come in without warning tbh.

Very well put, I couldn't agree more. /transfers added value to accounts, and it was never stated they would be removed or changed in such a way to make them significantly less useful. I would guess it would have been a little bit more work to split the code and make /transfers on Chaos different than those on the rest of the Freedom cluster.

Wouldn't it work if it simply failed or cancelled the transfer if you tried to switch to Libila on a non-Freedom server?

Very well put, I couldn't agree more. /transfers added value to accounts, and it was never stated they would be removed or changed in such a way to make them significantly less useful. I would guess it would have been a little bit more work to split the code and make /transfers on Chaos different than those on the rest of the Freedom cluster.

Wouldn't it work if it simply failed or cancelled the transfer if you tried to switch to Libila on a non-Freedom server?

Intention of /transfer never was to switch from one White light god to another White light. Whole time such dealing was just tolerated cheating in grey area.

Now /transfer works as tool for rectify injustice, so Libila's Wurmians may return to their true god. And again /transfer offers more. You can turn to Libila even when you never before followed that god.

And cheating of Whitelighters was removed. Hallowed (Damned?) is the Libila :P

Edited by Zakerak

Even if it has never been explicitly stated, /transfer is a debug/correction command, designed to rectify imbalance issues.

It has never been stated that it'll never be changed.

It has never been stated that it will be changed.

As such, we can conclude that to use it to add monetary value to something is a wildcard at best. There is never any guarantee that a /transfer will stay available forever, nor has there ever been one given.

In short:

You bet, and lost.

Since new update all my freedom account have lost the /transfer they have and now get this message [20:47:48] This command is restricted to the Chaos server now.

is this a bug? cause i want my /transfers back

It is not a bug. /transfer were given out to all priest accounts on the day Wild became Chaos and Libila priests auto-converted to another religion. Now that LIbila is back,there is no need for this to remain, but a /transfer for those wishing to convert back to Libila makes perfect sense.

/Transfer is one of those that when you want to sell a priest, you think Okay, has it a /transfer? It has the skills I want, but not the right Religion, with /Transfer it allowed players to buy and sell easier, you didn't have to wait years on end to get a decent priest of the religion you want and the skills you want like channeling, farming, etc.

This should be classed as a Bug imo, what about all those players who have sold a /transfer priest without the transfer being used yet, they've made extra cash off of it and the player who's bought loses out.

How about those priests made after the date that the free /transfer was given out? Why should they be at a disadvantage? It is already possible to convert between religions with appropriate penalties. The free /transfer was never intended for priests who never set foot on Chaos, it was just given out and people now had more than a year to take advantage of that free opportunity.

It is just like if you bought a fountain container for 40s and Rolf one day does the right thing and makes those fountains pop out, you have no right to complain.

If its fixed now, priests that didn't have it will have it. The reason the /transfer was given was good, and now if it is reverted all priests will get it, even the ones that used it most likely. This is bad...

would be nice to get a notice before something is taken away.

Maybe someone was just about to hop to another religion and now he cannot :(

Notice would of be fantastic," hey when we put libila back we are gonna take away all /transfers from freedom, heads up change religion now before its too late" isnt hard =)

I understand, now, the history of where the /transfer command came from. However, I wasn't playing back then. How am I supposed to know that something that looks, for all intents and purposes, like a feature of the priest is actually not a feature, and can be taken away without any notice?

Now I'm left to wonder if there is anything else that's a part of my playstyle that can be yanked away without notice just because it has a history linked to pvp (which I don't do), or another game change that was made in the past of which I'm not aware.

Bleh remove /transfer and add a better mechanic for it. Somehting based on actual deeds rather than a console command... Wanna be lib again ? destroy 10 WL altars or something

How am I supposed to know that something that looks, for all intents and purposes, like a feature of the priest is actually not a feature, and can be taken away without any notice?
Well the fact that it was a selling point due to new accounts not having it [and thus it's clearly not a 'feature' ] should have peaked your curiosity as to why it existed in the first place?

Maybe he could add a trader item that allows you to convert religion without losing faith?

In a way kegan that's nice...makes them money.

On another point of view though, I don't like that. Priest go threw hard work for 1 god for a reason, it how much you believe in said god. If you leave that god, you should have to start over, your not gonna have the same faith in it as your last lol.

Maybe he could add a trader item that allows you to convert religion without losing faith?

Everyone was happy accepting the mechanics for transfering as they were before (loss of faith) the command came in. The command only came in due to MASSIVE server changes. I almost wish we GM's had been given a bit more workload and had to change Lib priests manually [though we'd have needed additional tools to be able to do so without faith loss etc. I guess.], because really - how many Lib priests were there? This would also have allowed us to keep a list of all current Lib priests, for future reversal shoould Lib come back without it being available to everyone. This would also have avoided the entitlement some people seem to feel for being able to change religion for 'free' and accept that for every decision you make, there are consequences. Ah well, hindsight and all that...

I wouldn't like to see a pay-to-convert item on traders. If people want to change, they should accept the requirements for such.

Also, it's not like it's hard to raise faith these days with sermons allowing massive faith gains - especially with WL allowing all 3 priests and followers to count. Back in the day, sermons didn't exist at all and people had to REALLY think hard about wanting to change religion.

Well the fact that it was a selling point due to new accounts not having it [and thus it's clearly not a 'feature' ] should have peaked your curiosity as to why it existed in the first place?

That's an assumption, and unfair. I was under the impression that it was a selling point because some people had already used theirs, so if you had a priest that hadn't used theirs it was worth more. I haven't made a new priest, I had no idea new priests didn't have one. You're missing my point, but it doesn't sound like it much matters.

Fair enough, It was a question (and indeed from an assumption), not really a pro or con for the thread/comment :)

You're missing my point, but it doesn't sound like it much matters.
Don't be so sure. I posted something similar to my above post (the longer one) in a thread about some mechanic (I forget which) and 2 days later Rolf had changed it.

Note I'm adding my own opinion here in this thread, not the ruling of the staff team ;)

In a way kegan that's nice...makes them money.

On another point of view though, I don't like that. Priest go threw hard work for 1 god for a reason, it how much you believe in said god. If you leave that god, you should have to start over, your not gonna have the same faith in it as your last lol.

To be fair since the avatars are literally walking around and magic is REAL, I'd say you have faith in all of em if any.

I'm personally glad transfer was changed to the way it was.

It was supposed to be for when Libila was removed from Chaos the first time - HOWEVER there are numerous accounts of characters who were created well after the fact also getting a /transfer somehow, and then being sold stipulating they had a transfer and adding to their value. Like it was already mentioned in this post, it wasn't intended for players to be switching from WL to WL religions.

You want to change religions, you do the work to re-gain faith like it was intended.

Edited by Stargrace

We can definitely tell whose butt-hurt about losing something they didn't deserve and whose genuinely concerned.

This is kinda nonsense. :rolleyes:

Edited by GreenHero