Sign in to follow this  
FireWalker

Chang Driving Postion On Boats

As the topic says I suggest changing the position of the driver on the larger boats to in front of the sail like on the small sail boats. This would increase the visibility of the driver and make navigating a lot easier.

Or perhaps allow us to move around on our shipdecks? You can't really change the position on anything really.. Sailboats/rowboats.. Well you have to man the rudder at the rear of the ship, and corbitas and above all have steering wheels, for lack of a better term, that need to be at the back because the rudder is there too.

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to see where the hell I'm sailing in corbs and such, but.. Not really.. Realistic.

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to see where the hell I'm sailing in corbs and such, but.. Not really.. Realistic.

Well if not in front of the sail how about move the postion of the driver to the right or left of the sail and move the sail highth up so we can see better.

Either skip the realism and make boats more efficient to sail by enabling a clear view without the sail in your face, or so like games I've played in the past do and make the sail invisible while commanding, at some point ease of use should trump realism, some of us know what great fun it is to sail a knarr full of rafts up 3 or 4 tiles for mountian, since ships dont sink when slamming into solid objects.

Not saying I don't want it to be easier, but instead of changing position, maybe make it so we can walk around on our decks?

Leave the steering wheel, look over the bow, go back and adjust course

• Like 1