Sign in to follow this  
Schiann

[Close] Rare Lye - 45Kg (Full Barrel) - Up To 450 Uses - Leatherworkers, Have A Look! [Close]

This is a full barrel of rare lye, each .10kg use of which can produce leather of +1 QL over the hide QL. This could be very useful to high level Leatherworkers trying to get 99+ QL leather.

[12:31:01] Made from ash and water, this is used when preparing leather. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item.

mOvv6gT.png

Delivery:

I am happy to deliver for free to Independence, Deliverance, Exodus, Celebration, and Chaos-Independence border, but be aware this could be slow, as real life interferes with scheduling long voyages. (I'm based on Independence.)

Item can be mailed. To Independence = 1.10s; other servers = 2.20s

Starting Bid:
5s

Minimum Increment:
50c

Buyout:
15s

Reserve:
None

Sniper Protection:
1 hour

auction_timer_1362426811.gif

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me here on the forum, or in game at the same name.

I'm sorry, but I can't accept private bids.
Edited by Schiann

Why is your buyout so low on such an amazing item!

Because it's such an unusual rare to get (who makes 45kg of lye at once?) I had no real idea what to sell it for. Notice nobody has bought it, or even bid, so it can't be *that* low a price. :P

The thing is: it's low ql, so it decreases the chance of getting high ql leather. Also it's not 100% sure if you ever get rare leather and probably the most important, there are not many tanners :)

Although I think I can bid it

6s.

I don't think so, Max. I haven't tried, but my guess is it will lose its rarity if you try to combine it, the way other rares do.

if u combine 2 rare iron lumps it becomes a normal one.

dont take the risk :P

There is a small chance combining a rare mat with an unrare mat it will stay rare.. i believe it is the same chance as getting a rare in the first place, or even less of a chance. I'm 0/3 on rare iron lumps to combine to make a really large rare lump :(. I know 2 people on the pristine server who have successfully done it though

I've combined combined a rare with a non rare iron lump...tried it again and it failed :(

on a sidenote: i tried to mail a full barrel of lye once and would have been charged mailingfee for every 2kg started in the barrel. so might not be best to consider mailing

I tried mailing this one to each server, and noted the fees in my OP. Are you saying that the fees are misreported on the mailing screen? I've mailed dyes many times in the past, and the charges were correct...

Max mailing fees are correct Shiann, I had those with mailing barrel of wine too. It caps out at some point. So while Fritz is in genreal also correct, it is capped at 1.10 s same server and 2.20 for others as it seems.

sry, my fault. didnt wanted to troll. gl with your auction

No worries; I want to make sure the price is correctly listed - I don't want anyone to win it and then be caught by surprise by the mail costs! :)

It's definitely not cheap to mail, but some folks are willing to pay the extra cost to have it ASAP. (I'm like that if I have the money. I'm very impatient. :P)

For those who win this auction, if you're willing to test something for us, get a flask with 4 corns and a potato in it. Drag rare lye into the flask. Does it give you rare lye or regular lye when you split it? This flask should only take up .00xxxx amount.

I've heard you can combine rare to get bigger rare, but that have a small % of happening. I am not successful so far.

Maybe weight is factored in. Combining a .01kg rare lump with a 50kg regular lump is probably close to 0%.