Sign in to follow this  
kodiakjack

Down Time Compensation

In case we do get sleep bonus

Any tips on best skills to use it on? B)

That always depends on your goals. If you are worried about the server going down again right away, be sure to work on something ondeed where you are safe.

In case we do get sleep bonus

Any tips on best skills to use it on? B)

Depends if you want to be the best at something or jack up something new!! :D

For me i am gonna do something new like metalurgy!!! :) or finish up 70 JSing if I get bored with that.

That always depends on your goals. If you are worried about the server going down again right away, be sure to work on something ondeed where you are safe.

It was really an opening for suggestions, there's always a few difficult skills that are nigh-impossible to raise without the use of sleep bonus. I was just curious as to what other people suggested using it for as I always seem to waste it on something rather easy to raise.

@ protunia, I think I may raise metallurgy a bit as well. Maybe I'll just go down my skill list and pick skills that I normally won't raise due to slow-gains.

Edited by GreenHero

It doesn't matter why we can't connect, All that matters is that we can't! And rewards should be given simply because we are losing money that sleep bonus doesn't make up for. So for every minute the servers are offline, All active premium accounts that day should receive that many minutes of premium time.

• Like 1

I agree with Eye, but only when the servers are down for more than 2 hours

I agree with Eye, but only when the servers are down for more than 2 hours

Its 3h now and still down, not just 1h like you sayd before.

I dont play games like wow, runescape etc but how often does those games give compensation for minor downtimes on an hour or two ? I doubt they give a day of play time extra for it. What you want are for the devs to give away this:

Last i saw it where are 3000+ prem players so:

3000*1*(28/5)e = 535.7e

So if we break it down it ends up costing as much as 100+ months of paid prem. And thats for an hour or two of the login server being down ? Sure its annoying to not be able to login but it doesnt happen that often.

Besides should he give away half a day of prem each time the game are taken down for updates as well then, afterall you loose almost as much playing time during a update as a one hour downtime of the login server ?

Edited by Daash

Regardless of the time down People lose th opportunity to do things that can only be done at certain times during a day

like prays, and Meds. Obviously if you put 3 hours a day for that alone, and you miss that because of down time, you have now fallen behind because a Server issue, No one is to blame, only the customers lose something though. rolf doesn't, gms don't, Cas don't.

No we do the customer, and No matter how many people say that Its justified, I and Others are aloud to our opinions as paying customers.

Scratch that, We are Clients, We are provided a service. Customers Are one stop shops, Clients are relationships, and From the Posts and Banter that has been raging the forum, the majority of the Client Base that Rolf has in this game, Is Upset, Many of them are so deep into this game that It may not effect them as much, and Have also grown used to it. I for One do not think We should get used to Losing time and money.

And I don't think Rolf would either. He is prolly witting in a chair scratching his head till it bleeds trying to figure this out, But I think If a Big enough portion of Your Client base Is Expecting SOMETHING. They should get it. Even if its a Garden gnome. that little "pat on the back" so to say is what keeps anyone going when Upset. You usually wouldn't expect a Parent to Say " You broke your ankle because I miss placed that Rug!!! Oh Get used to it". We are all people, and some more emotional then others. I for One After Playing an old game for a couple hours and not upset, just disgruntled that I will not have an opportunity to Use the Service I payed for to play today, Today. another day wasted on no play time. When you have 2 priests(on paths) this gets frustrating.

I dont play games like wow, runescape etc but how often does those games give compensation for minor downtimes on an hour or two ? I doubt they give a day of play time extra for it. What you want are for the devs to give away this:

3000*1*(28/5)e = 535.7e

Thats for an hour or two of downtime ? Well i doubt that will ever happen.

I'm sorry to say, But it doesn't cost them to give out virtual time.(at least not 500e/750 dollars) It costs them to pay devs to keep it up during that time.

Edit: and most down time on those games are updates at this point.

Edited by kodiakjack

Hi,

Alomst every MMO in existence has weekly downtime for maintenance sometimes lasting up to 9 hours.

Whilst login server's crashing, world serve'rs crashing e.t.c. may be unscheduled and inconvenient Wurm has very little downtime compared to the majority of MMO's.

This is not to say that it is wrong of you to feel like you deserve some sort of compensation but as a long term MMO player I've come to expect a little downtime now and again.

Have fun. Be happy.

Cheer's,

• Like 3

Hi,

Alomst every MMO in existence has weekly downtime for maintenance sometimes lasting up to 9 hours.

Whilst login server's crashing, world serve'rs crashing e.t.c. may be unscheduled and inconvenient Wurm has very little downtime compared to the majority of MMO's.

This is not to say that it is wrong of you to feel like you deserve some sort of compensation but as a long term MMO player I've come to expect a little downtime now and again.

Have fun. Be happy.

Cheer's,

This Is how to properly Debate a point!

Hope Someone learns from it!

I do not ask for any compensation for me or any of my chararacters as I was not affected by the downtime myself, but it would be fair to compensate at least my niece, who had holiday this week and woke up around 4AM today to play with her friend. The same applies for the rest of people affected of course. We are paying customers and to compare such situation to weekly maintenace is foolish. Weekly maintenace is supposed to be regular and scheduled, so no-one (at least if it is really regular and really scheduled) can be actually surprised. In this case, my niece had a game scheduled and the game session was unexpectedly canceled. Compensation would not be only fair, but also a polite gesture towards customers.

• Like 1

Hi,

Have fun. Be happy.

Cheer's,

Agreed but most of that downtime is planned. Very little of it here is. I am not saying we should get SB everytime there is an outage. But there has been a few lately and no SB, so I was a bit surprised we didn't get any.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to say, But it doesn't cost them to give out virtual time.(at least not 500e/750 dollars) It costs them to pay devs to keep it up during that time.

Edit: and most down time on those games are updates at this point.

So all 3000 days of prem that the players dont have to pay for are coming into the devs pocket how excatly ?

A missed revanue of a certain amount are a missed revenue no matter how it became it.

well, people do pay for the premium time, if they are deprived of it the game should throw the paying customer a bone of some sort, sleep bonus seemed like a good compromise.

I thought Wurm was supposed to be in its stable version now. Wasn't that what the whole 1.0 thing was about?

It's totally like if your ISP cut you off for 3 hours because their exchange has a fault and is currently going through a fix... would you expect free internet? I don't think so.

Wurm is going to have bugs and downtime and heck it could have been an issue totally outside of Rolf's hands but we all blame him. What if the ISP went out that the server was running from? Did anyone actually

think of these things?

SB or no SB... i'm happy i can log in and play and continue on... even if it did go down at 3AM my time.

SB should be given for any down time imho, If you couldn't get on for just that hour to grind some skills before work or other RL activities, that is your play time ruined. Like myself and many others who have said in the past.

There should be a new command added for Compensated sleep bonus up to maximum 5 hours, /dfsleep. Short for downtime sleep. That way people get to keep their hard earned SB, and gain up to maximum 5 hours downtime sleep.

I think it may be time to drop SB compensation completely. It seems to always start these arguments, and there will never be a 'fair' way to compensate everyone. Nothing in the agreement that promises any compensation anyway, it's been something Rolf gave out of the goodness of his heart. Seems everyone forgets that.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 2

Sleep bonus is given out fine as it is, as a *bonus*. I see nothing needing to be changed other than to increase the amount of stored sleep bonus capacity on some basis. I leave that up to others to suggest in what ways that could be done beyond other suggestions that have previously been made upon this aspect of it. Until then, I won't be loosing any sleep over it.

=Ayes=

It's totally like if your ISP cut you off for 3 hours because their exchange has a fault and is currently going through a fix... would you expect free internet? I don't think so.

Actually I would.

If my cable/internet goes out, my provider prorates my bill to compensate me.

This comes up so much,,,,,, when should we get sb etc,, whos fault is it, which server , what division etc etc.

I see it like this,,, if i buy a new car , or a new computer, ( wurm is a purchase) the cars tyres stuff up do i ring or go and see Mr Goodyear etc or the place i have bought the car from,,,the dealership. The computers power pack stuffes up , do i ring the maker of the power pack or the the computer shop...... the computer shop.

we perchase wurm to play so why would i not ask the seller of wurm to fix it ?????? Yeah sure i could go to another provider of a game , but if this attitude goes on and on wurm is left with no Marketing power .

I love and hate sb,,,, but to store your sb gift with normal sb is a no win situation, Whats the cost of sb to wurm against people leaving, or as some ask for in time payments.

Cheers Dadd

The aussie grinder

Edited by dadd

Whine less, it's just downtime, if you can't survive without Wurm for a day, you're addicted and should probably be concerned

Whine less, it's just downtime, if you can't survive without Wurm for a day, you're addicted and should probably be concerned

Is not about surviving or not wich is none of your concern in the other hand, but to ask a compensation for a payed service not provided which a rigth for every consumer.