Sign in to follow this  
kodiakjack

Down Time Compensation

I Know I am Probably Going to get 100 messages about how this can not be done in a Effective way but bare with me.

In the last week I have Seen the log in Server go down for hours. It seems that random people can reconnect at random times, same with the Dc. Seeing as how this can fall with in A lot of peoples prime time play time, It a big issue. I Think some sort of compensation is in order. Now at this point I'm gunna have people Saying stuff like "What if they're not on the day, then They're not effected. Well I for one Play this game At least for 2 hours a day while premium, If that 2 hour period happened to be the same 2 hours the server is down, I miss out on a chance to advance my character, something I am Paying for. Any priest can attest that you need at least an hour and 20 minutes to get your max prays in. If you are only getting on for that allotted time, you still miss the opportunity.

Now there's a lot of ways people have thought of compensation. Easiest way I can think of Is add 1 day prem to all prem accounts that are active on the day of down time.

Yes, over 1000 Players on means almost 3 years of free prem. But In the long run if it deters people from Rage quitting over a Random DC and Say losing a Second traited horse that day, Why not? Keep the customer happy? eh?

This Thread is now open for discussion on this topic, thanks!

• Like 1

You do get compensation for server crash downtime you get 5 hrs sleep bonus most of the time. Granted the servers havn't gone down just the login so no free SB given out.

You do get compensation for server crash downtime you get 5 hrs sleep bonus most of the time. Granted the servers havn't gone down just the login so no free SB given out.

I said Logg in server... not servers...

why this kind of sht happens wen i have a full sb bar ready to be used :(

• Like 1

Except the 'login' server has gone down for hours and hours at a time making it just as debilitating as the servers going down themselves. Especially given the fact that a lot of us get kicked offline when this happens.

I'm not opposed to the sleep bonus, but I'm starting to get used to not receiving it.

Kind a, 'oh well'.

Edited by GreenHero

Haven't gotten 5 hours SB for a crash in some time.

However, I'll survive :D I just get jelly when mines gone and everyone else has theirs left.

IF you believe the server status tool http://wurmtools.com/

then there are several servers cycling between on-line and off-line

People who were on several servers were removed - which does not happen if it was just the loging server

It does not seem to be simply a login issue today, and the 5hrs is bad I have saved up 3 hours for a channeling session so far and as much as 2 extra hours would be nice it's not 5 like many would get, and those that saved 5 get nothing.

we need the 5 hours to stack reguardless of the current value.

The only bad thing i see about free time given out is everyone will start wanting free time for every little bug so the devs would have to make a rule for what exactly it would be given out for. Its probably just easier for the to give SB. even tho half the time I only get a little part of it or none at all cause i was saving up for a grind fest day in stead of grind fest hr fests

I don´t want free time, but i´m a bit tired of getting nothing while some lucky people get a replenished SB.

It too damn hard to implement a system to stack the compensation SB for future use if you happens to have a full sb bar every time the hamster get tired?

WELLL......Time to hop on a old game and piss people on there off. Wurm... You made me do it.

Free sleep bonus is usually only given when the server goes down not the login server, the other day when this happened I immediatly did /uptime when i got back ingame to see it has been up for 10 days. So there would be no free SB cause the server didn't go down only the login and which it seems to kick ppl alrdy in game and then not letting ppl login in anyway.

Even then its not always given out on server going down.

Edited by Airwalkre

This thread starts every time the server goes down..and I have seen it 100 times...you are going to get some sleep bonus..if you lost animals..youl have to hunt them down or just consider it a loss as you wont get any assistance from GM's or anyone else beside other players..who by the way are very good at helping find your lost animals. Your not going to get any other kind of compensation no matter how hard you yell on the forums. Enjoy your 5 hours SB .......if we get it.

SB for downtime is given out at Rolf's discretion. There is nothing in the contract to give anyone any expectation of compensation for downtime. For every time you feel shorted out on compensation, others feel the same when you do get it and they don't. Rolf has been more than fair in the many years I've been playing, even once giving out extra prem time for prem players for an entire weekend we were unable to play. Enjoy the game, accept that stuff happens sometimes, and have a nice day.

• Like 2

This thread starts every time the server goes down..and I have seen it 100 times...you are going to get some sleep bonus..if you lost animals..youl have to hunt them down or just consider it a loss as you wont get any assistance from GM's or anyone else beside other players..who by the way are very good at helping find your lost animals. Your not going to get any other kind of compensation no matter how hard you yell on the forums. Enjoy your 5 hours SB .......if we get it.

Guenivere (sp?) on celebration is a nice person she helped so much in the past to help ppl round up animals. She needs an animal rescuer title just for herself

Guenivere (sp?) on celebration is a nice person she helped so much in the past to help ppl round up animals. She needs an animal rescuer title just for herself

Yes her and a lot of others are very good at helping find lost animals.........if you have lost an animal....say so in your Freedom chat.....odds are someone may find it and return it to you. the community has always been extremly good given the number of times everyone has lost animals.

Sad thing is if he does do 5 hr sb comp, im at 4 hrs sb right now on both my current prem chars, sigh.

Sad thing is if he does do 5 hr sb comp, im at 4 hrs sb right now on both my current prem chars, sigh.

I always have mine down to an hour or less when possible, because i have been through a couple times like that.

this is the first time ive been affected by the log in going down. From what ive seen its been down 2 times this week, for around an hour each. I dont believe there should be compensation yet.

and with that *hides from incoming flames*

Edit: Thanks for not killing me

Edited by Nicrolis