Sign in to follow this  
snowblind

Server's Down Any Eta On

Indie game or not. They decided it was 1.0

If you are a Released, Commercial, internet, mmo game (check on all for wurm) you have to provide 24/7 support, that's just how it is.

Anyone had the thought that maybe he gets up, and there isn't just a magical switch he can flip to fix the servers? Maybe he has to troubleshoot? You can't expect them to be on within an hour when rolf is still the one handling them. Give the dude a break, let him grab a cup of coffee and dig in to fix the servers :P... just please Rolf, don't SPILL the coffee. . .

• Like 4

Like i said last time....time to give someone the keys to the Hamsters Cage!!!

And yes he may be up right now going SOB!!! why now!!! * grumble...

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

Celebration went down and i have 2 horses hitched to a cart. If I log into 2 horses missing this will be 3rd time this month. Not very happy having this happen so many times in a game i pay good for. Im seriously considering not paying any more.

I can definitely understand that sentiment. Lots of other MMOs to compete for precious time and this game while fun; headaches like this are a big negative.

Indie game or not. They decided it was 1.0

If you are a Released, Commercial, internet, mmo game (check on all for wurm) you have to provide 24/7 support, that's just how it is.

No you don't, that's just an assumption that customers like to have.

While it is nice if a company is able to afford 24/7 support , there are plenty out there that don't and only offer support during " office " open times. This is why they never guarantee server uptime.

If he had kept it pre 1.0, or did not charge for premium access, or a few other situations, he might have a position.

As is the position is: Ensure 24/7 support (support would be good enough if there were people in different places who could reset he system remotely, barring a hardware malfunction of course), or watch as people get tired of the level of support of a released game and leave. (sorry, had one bad support issue today already)

Name one released commercial MMO that does not have 24/7 server monitoring?

No you don't, that's just an assumption that customers like to have.

While it is nice if a company is able to afford 24/7 support , there are plenty out there that don't and only offer support during " office " open times. This is why they never guarantee server uptime.

I just don't think some people consider the frustrating position a lot of us get put in when this happens as consistently as it has been.

Some people are searching for their corpses, some are out on their horses, some are fleeing combat, some are in carts with horses that are not going to be there when they come back, some of us probably got killed and will have to travel across the map to get their corpse. Or this happens during the only period of time you can get online.

There just doesn't seem to be much compassion shown by the team lately for all the issues we've been having to deal with. I realize this is an indy game, ###### happens, but that just means all the more we should see something. If anything a post going,

"Sorry guys, servers back up."

I'm not freaking out about not receiving sleep bonus, but with how often this seems to be happening it's getting a little old.

Yes, I also realize the greater percentage of people do not use the forums. But, guess what? There's also a lot of us who do. IRC should not be the sole place to find up to date information.

Edited by GreenHero
  • Like 1

Name one released commercial MMO that does not have 24/7 server monitoring?

Horizons, Ryzom to name 2 small indie released commercial mmo;s that don't have 24/7 support, but that's besides the point.

Even with 24/7 support you wouldn't automatically have the servers back up or even a post about what's wrong until it was fixed.

Things break, especially in this industry. As i've already said, yes it is frustrating, i myself am looking at losing 4 horses this time round if i can't find them when the servers come back up. At the end of the day though , a little patience hurts no-one.

Edited by Kediec

Dam id take a simple solution.......dont unhitch my dam horses when the server goes down

• Like 2

A few more people having a little bit of power to either A) Fix the servers remotely or B) At least give us an idea of whats going on, and some kind of rough ETA, even if its just a "Rolf needs to wake up and have a look at this, we can't fix it. Minimum time to fix is ~4 hours, could be longer kthx."

This simple amount of service would stop 95% of the bitching. At least if people knew the servers were going to be down for 4 hours at a minimum they wouldn't be spam trying to log back in to save their good horse.

• Like 3

Dam id take a simple solution.......dont unhitch my dam horses when the server goes down

Thats been an issue for forever, and with the limited wild horse population due to everyone penning them up, new ones can be hard to find.

They will fix that just before they fix the bsb sprouts issue.

im sure they got a boost in revenue with 1.0, maybe time to cut down on the salary and put a bit towards servers.

Really, a simple amount of service would fix 95% of the bitching? The server has been down less than an hour and look how much bitching has already occured. I suppose you can just reboot the servers and get them running again in 10-15 minutes, and risk them going down for same thing again. Or give the team some time to find out and troubleshoot the problem. There are only a couple of server people on the team, they can be working on the problem or they can be wasting their time answering stupid questions on the forum.

Edited by Pollo
  • Like 2

This.

Or...

Like.

Make all the hostile mobs D/C too. (sarcasm)

Edited by GreenHero

Server down well more than an hour at this point, maybe you didnt get booted as early as some, or prevented from logging in like others.

falty/buggy games loose players fast if the devs dont keep players updated while its going on or say sorry but we'll do this, Or that to make up for it.

I understand if its maybe 10-45minutes that nothing given for it but once it hits that hour mark players really start to look for other things to play. Let it be a new game or an old one still risks the chance of loosing that player.

This.

Or...

Like.

Make all the hostile mobs D/C too. (sarcasm)

Ya, when I Dc'd i was looking at a champion crocodile eating a tower guard hoping to skin the corpse, while on my cart with 2 decent horses. Almost any way the server comes back up I am in some trouble. Oh well, will try to wait up for while and see if I can get back on and find horses, and at least hope I am not croc poop when I get back.

I will give an ETA!!! when they get done fixing it they will come back up!!! :D

im glad your amused

man thats the best answer so far, it's how i know theyre fixed...it lets me back on.