Sign in to follow this  
snowblind

Server's Down Any Eta On

go about ur RL lives and be productive to socie...

oops

Wurm is RL forgot about that. Sorry everyone. Sorry.

Was me and a passenger. Lost control of the boat when I was approaching a dock. Appeared to run aground before I tried to relog. First time I've taken the dang thing out and this happens.

Rolf was asked about this in the Q&A if the 2 server guys would be able to restart the servers and he said not intially...WELL HOW ABOUT NOW ?

• Like 1

Not necessarily. I've been disconnected for about an hour or more before and when I logged back in my horse was only about 10 tiles or so away from where it was. Just depends on if it wants to wander.

Or if another player gets to it first

Is there a staff member around thats even able to get a hold of rolf?

I know the staff logs in as invisible but we could use a little light on whats going on server side.

where can i go to find out if the servers are down? i was out in my wagon and thats 2 good horses, i am worried as i cant get back on. my controls started acting funny right before it happened, like forwards all the sudden was going sideways and back went to the other side.

Is there a staff member around thats even able to get a hold of rolf?

I know the staff logs in as invisible but we could use a little light on whats going on server side.

yea that would be great.

That would be nice... They need to have someone that can look into these issues when they happen or someone that can directly contact Rolf when it happens. I feel their pain though, not nice to have this happen and have the community going bonkers in forums xD

Given how much patience is required to play Wurm I'm surprised at how impatient people get when it's down :P.

• Like 3

Rolf Prolly has some System that wakes him up when an auto logging character cant log in

Given how much patience is required to play Wurm I'm surprised at how impatient people get when it's down :P.

When playing Wurm, 5 hours is like 5minutes.

When in RL waiting for Wurm, 5minutes is like 5 hours.

• Like 4

Its probably down for at least a couple hours..its 5 am in Sweeden..and even though he gets an auto alarm when the servers are down...im guessing he will let it ride till he decides to get up and go fix it

You know I think the least they could do is have someone post that they are working on it.

• Like 1

This is becomig a joke.

Really ?

I'm quite certain that Rolf doesn't see it as a joke and that he takes every server crash / lockup very seriously indeed.

It is an indie game and they do not have the funds to pay for a 24/7 server management team so we need ot have a little patience and allow Rolf to wake up ( it is only 5am in Sweden ), have a coffee then make his way to the office where he can start to work on WHAT went wrong then hopefully fix it before bringing the servers back up ( if possible ).

Now, i'm not saying it doesn't get annoying at times having to wait, especially when its 4am ( for me ) and your unable to sleep for what-ever reason. Could it be handled better , sure it could , but then , nothing in life is perfect sadly or we would all be living in a Utopian dream.

Also, in general the Wurm uptime on it's servers is pretty fantastic as far as i'm concerned, especially when you consider how finnicky computer technology is when something goes wrong.

So, relax folks, it will get fixed even if it takes a while.

Edited by Kediec
  • Like 2

I don't mind it happening once in awhile as it happens on other games too.

We just had some updates last couple of days, maybe something got messed up because of that....who knows.

What I do know is I am not in my bed getting Sleep Bonus while the servers are down......

You know I think the least they could do is have someone post that they are working on it.

I am sure someone can correct me, but I believe there are now 2 full time employees other than Rolf? There are several volunteer developers as well but they are not responsible for the servers. The servers are down, take a moment to think of what you need to do when it comes back up and what you can do to help others, because there will certainly be people who are in a worse position with teh crash than you are in.

Celebration went down and i have 2 horses hitched to a cart. If I log into 2 horses missing this will be 3rd time this month. Not very happy having this happen so many times in a game i pay good for. Im seriously considering not paying any more.