Sign in to follow this  
Baium

[Closed]New Release Travelers Map Project [Plz Delete]

I wanted to publish my traveling map now, because im missing the good old road maps of Indy. Listed are deeds with roads and highways.

Release travelers map It will be updated every 3 days

last update: 07.Mar.2013 (09:12am GMT+1)

what i need for listing your deed:

Deed Name:

Deed location:

and special offering:

Mailbox,Trader,Merchant,Market(min 3 merchants with marketstall) Inn (with min 6 beds).

Sample:

Marianople

x34; y7; E

Mailbox, Market with 3 merchants, Inn with beds and Trader

Regarding higways and roads, make a location pic for better understanding.

or for Guard tower:

Edited by Baium
  • Like 1

Butcherblock Bay x57 y11 NE

Butcherblock Mining Company x56 y8 E

Edited by Kawe

Paranor Harbor has a public trader

Butcherblock Bay x57 y11 NE

Butcherblock Mining Company x56 y8 E

is added

As I've been getting a few PM's about this I decided to answer publicly about why there are two maps. Baium did request to collaborate with me on my map to add roads, I did accept but Baium refused to use paint.net to do the map so that we could collaborate.

One thing I'm personally concerned with is the reliability of a map maker, I've heard that when Archeage comes to a NA/EU market, all the guys from Marianople are leaving Wurm, is that true Baium?

Well Archeage EU release isnt this Year, and who knows....Archeage isnt really "That" Sandbox we thinked at the start, many things changed, so we will see.

But again, not this Year.

And you would only allow to add the Road Layer from Baium to your Map, not a seperate link to Baiums Map, but there is more than just Roads Baium did that he want.

Edited by Caduryn

Baium

Sent 25 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

hi Object,because of your map I miss the travel routes as highway, and I thought about making a roadmap and nu wonder they would like to post this in your verlinken.wäre feasible? otherwise, I would start my own theme.

consideration in Baium

Object

Sent 25 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

If you made a PNG with roadmaps I would add it as a layer on my map which would show it on the finished project.

I don't have the time to do it myself or I would.

Baium

Sent 25 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I made a Map since 2 Weeks because i dont liked the Darkmalice Style, so its a bit more then just a Road-Map.

but not current standing as your see hier:

Release map

Object

Sent 25 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

That looks great but are those roads confirmed roads? I know you're from Marianople so you can confirm if that road is up to date, but what about the southern road?

For me to add that jpg as a layer I either need the roads as an individual layer, or you need to remove the towns.

Baium

Sent Yesterday, 10:42 AM

excuse me, but that was too much work as I would delete it so easy.

Object

Sent Yesterday, 01:03 PM

I can export every layer of my map. I can give you a picture that only shows the settlements, nothing else, and I'm an amateur at picture editing. If you cannot give me a layered file, preferably in paint.net, then I can't include it on my own map.

You need to understand that I've designed my map specifically so it's easy to modify. If a settlement disbands I can easily remove it, and when I say easily I mean about 3 seconds work. (actually 3 seconds) If you don't layer your map then when you delete a settlement you have to copy a block on the original map and paste over the part the settlement is on.

So layering is the key, download www.getpaint.net and work with layers, then export me the roadmap layer of your map and I'll give you credit on the original.

Baium

Sent Yesterday, 01:17 PM

Its not only about the Roads, its the other details too

Object

Sent Yesterday, 07:32 PM

What other details?

Those are the PM's between myself and Baium, I feel that I attempted to represent myself as someone who wanted to collaborate with him and I beleive it's fairly obvious that the reason why there are two maps if Baium felt it would be more work to work with me then to make a second map.

Sadly I feel that it'll be the players who are punished for this because they'll have to either submit their deed on both maps or just one of them and risk submitting it to the one that doesn't stick around.

Other details like Market, Merchants, Traders, Guardtower, Inn

The things that every other Server Map got.

Edited by Caduryn

As I've been getting a few PM's about this I decided to answer publicly about why there are two maps.

why you post this only here and not in their own too?

i think that post is not for discussion!!! it's for the map locations. for next coversion please make a new post.

to ur question:

1.-would not it have been easier if you had it added as link to your post.

2.- yes i work with paint but i have 9 layers (deed icon,Deed name, special icons, infrastructure, guardtowers, resources and for the next step: alliance and landmarks + the Backgroundlayer) for the map and the dimension of this map is 4048x4048

3.-I don't go to archeage, this is not really my taste

so and now the end of the discussion

Edited by Baium

I've set my deed up (61x67) at X:50 and Y:38, extends into X:49 and Y:38 tile as well. No special offerings yet, still working on highway. Name is "Fisher's Refuge"

Edited by Russianranger

I've set my deed up (61x67) at X:50 and Y:38, extends into X:49 and Y:38 tile as well. No special offerings yet, still working on highway. Name is "Fisher's Refuge"

is added

LotusMap_zpsda8694ba.png

Hope you don't mind that I used the other map to show my location.

Deed is Lotus Landing.

Location is x45, y26

Nice map, I could care less who makes the map, neither will ever be 100% accurate, this one is easier to navigate, Bloodbath and Beyond is already on both maps.

If I was to choose between the 2, this is definately the nicer looking map of the two, but I agree with Kadore. I'll follow either one.

Hope you don't mind that I used the other map to show my location.

Deed is Lotus Landing.

Location is x45, y26

is added

Nice map, I could care less who makes the map, neither will ever be 100% accurate, this one is easier to navigate, Bloodbath and Beyond is already on both maps.

If I was to choose between the 2, this is definately the nicer looking map of the two, but I agree with Kadore. I'll follow either one.

thanks for the compliments.

I hope that both maps can coexist peacefully, so everybody can use the map he likes more.

Plus, as long as it is ok with Object, i would also add the stuff marked on his map to mine. He could do the same if he wants to.

Edited by Baium

well if more than one map used I would hope they could eliminate confusion by using at least the same numbering system! Else someone asks coordinates...gets told AI 27. goes to those coords on this map and are nowhere near where they need to be...

That is the problem with multiple maps...they cause confusion and frustration as everyone is using a differing coordinate numbering.

Other than that..Gl to both..

Only reason I prefer Objects is that roads tend to change...no way Id think one person will keep on top of all those changes....GL.

Edited by Emane

X45 Y41 = Amsterdam

Mailbox

Guardtower

is added

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

well if more than one map used I would hope they could eliminate confusion by using at least the same numbering system! Else someone asks coordinates...gets told AI 27. goes to those coords on this map and are nowhere near where they need to be...

That is the problem with multiple maps...they cause confusion and frustration as everyone is using a differing coordinate numbering.

Other than that..Gl to both..

Only reason I prefer Objects is that roads tend to change...no way Id think one person will keep on top of all those changes....GL.

well the coord-system-layer what i use is from my own old clan-map on indypendence and exodus.

and my map is little bigger(4048x4048) and have more quadrants for better find the positions.

see on the pic:

locsample.png?m

Edited by Baium

I like this system better. Plus, I think x,y coords are more natural.

Please add my two deeds to the map.

1. Good Times

x48; y33; E

2. Kehlsteinhaus

x46; y33; S

I sent a PM, but I will post it here also.

Port Angmon needs updated (x23,y40)

Add Marketplace (2 Merchants, can add about 10 Merchants) and Public Trader.