Sign in to follow this  
Orias

Thief Around Mookton - Shadow Hollows Area.

I live just below mookton on the main N/S road and I did keep my gates unlocked due to the fact i have friends in the surrounding area that I let use my forge and such. But when i got on today my pumpkins were gone, around 22 kg of cotton, all the items in my fsb (not too much was in it but its all gone) my 60ql anvils (large and small) i had bought from Nicrolis.

Any leads would be appreciated but mainly this is a heads up for anybody living around my area.

RecentMap_zpsf56f4c99.png

-UPDATE-

Found my small anvil at my friends, it seems it was dropped there but everything else is unaccounted for.

A friend/local/neighbour went wandering and found my other anvil by some old shack. So thats off the list now too, but at least the word is out there and I hope people learn from my mistake as well

Edited by Orias

Im sure it was someone for in the area. Shouldnt leave your gates unlocked. Should make copies of keys or gatehouses to let friends in

yea but lots of keys would just get cluttered after a while i feel. but I locked em recently I tried to operate on good faith for a while but I see where that got me.

deed

and just make 1 house with all those items and put only people u trust in the writ.

good that u didnt lose much after all.

you learn from mistakes :)

......So the guy Jacks or stuff, then just drops it everywhere? o.o.

That sounds to me like you may have somehow made someone mad, and they targeted you. >.<.

O well, glad to see you found some of your staff mate

Edit Ps: I love your avatar wulf

Edited by Druidnature

Use gate houses as they have individual friends list access on the writ, only a door lock is required to enable this feature, nobody needs any keys including yourself. You only need trust your friends do not pull an inside job. You can use one double door with the other four being arches outside the pen for an unobtrusive look and not take up any farm/grass space (which cannot be planted in a house)

There are no thieves on Freedom servers, only salvagers. Thiefs would be if they picked your locks. If unlocked and not on deed, you are allowed to take items, and can only blame yourself for not realizing the golden rule is not followed by many in the game (Do unto others....). Many players make a game of seeing who quit then swarm onto their place for the lootz, if you get there last you get squat.

This also converts your fence into a legal enclosure, a locked gate is not sufficent for that. Any one bashing in then will face the wrath of GMs. Though trolls can bash and Wurm can decay (currently gatehouse door decay without a 60% gfx), so you must patrol your enclosures to make sure they are still secure.

Edited by yarnevk

There are no thieves on Freedom servers, only salvagers. Thiefs would be if they picked your locks. <snip>

This also converts your fence into a legal enclosure, a locked gate is not sufficent for that. Any one bashing in then will face the wrath of GMs.

Since off-deed gate locks are pickable on all servers, there are indeed thieves. Thieves also bash fences and sometimes even rebuild afterwards to hide their entry.

Of course GMs can see if a fence has been bashed or a lock has been picked, but only within a certain time frame (I suspect 24 hours).

If you come across an unlocked car and steal the car radio, you are still a thief. Same goes for Wurm, people stealing other people's stuff from unsecured locations where its obvious that there are active people playing, are still thieves.

Only difference is that real life has police, Wurm only has something similar to insurance companies (GMs).

Oh, and a legal enclosure does not require a gate house. The house can be inside the enclosure. Of course its the smartest thing to do to only use gate houses as entrance to your enclosure.

What that did may have been rude, but it was perfectly legal. If you leave your stuff open to the public like that, you have to expect the worse. There are mechanics in place meant to prevent things like this. Now you learned the hard way,and hopefuly this wont happen again. Sorry for your loss. :(

What that did may have been rude, but it was perfectly legal. If you leave your stuff open to the public like that, you have to expect the worse. There are mechanics in place meant to prevent things like this. Now you learned the hard way,and hopefuly this wont happen again. Sorry for your loss. :(

Like I said, i learned from it and this is just for others who may be new around my area (which is a lot lately) so they know too and can learn from my mishap. Good faith just doesn't cut it i guess.

orias, as a... scavanger my self... Let me know if you want me to secure your area >_< Already helped liandal with his. now his horses cant be taken :P

you can hit me up too, i scavange here and there but i "try" to make sure the place is abandoned