Sign in to follow this  
Yamuliss

Time To Bring Dragons Back Rolf And Devs!

ITS NOT SPECIAL ANYMORE IF EVERYONE CAN GET IT.

I vote no dragons ever again, even for new servers. Duneil made a nice point that resonated with me despite never playing wow. Let them fade into legend.

Many people want to see dragons but never get a chance. How about this. When you kill a dragon it will respawn as ''Spirit''. Red dragon spirit for example, they will look like dragons, act like dragons, be as strong as dragons, but they won't drop anything. If you kill it, it will just respawn as a spirit again. So only the first ones are unique and drop hides.

• Like 2

I don't care if dragons return but if they do, I'll just kill them again.

• Like 3

Many people want to see dragons but never get a chance. How about this. When you kill a dragon it will respawn as ''Spirit''. Red dragon spirit for example, they will look like dragons, act like dragons, be as strong as dragons, but they won't drop anything. If you kill it, it will just respawn as a spirit again. So only the first ones are unique and drop hides.

Why do you think people only complain when dragons die, and never care about the other (still alive) uniques? Troll king is still alive on several servers, as is the kyklops, but when events to slay them get organized you see maybe 5 people showing up. Post that you're having a dragon slaying and there's a chance to win drake, and you'll have at least 50 people. Most of the people who say it's not about the loot but the chance to just see one are saying that just to not look greedy - becuase that's what they call the people who do kill them.

• Like 1

Why do you think people only complain when dragons die, and never care about the other (still alive) uniques? Troll king is still alive on several servers, as is the kyklops, but when events to slay them get organized you see maybe 5 people showing up. Post that you're having a dragon slaying and there's a chance to win drake, and you'll have at least 50 people. Most of the people who say it's not about the loot but the chance to just see one are saying that just to not look greedy - becuase that's what they call the people who do kill them.

This is about new players getting a chance to see dragons. I think everyone should be able to see one :)

Edited by Sharkin

Or take insanity path, I see dragons once or twice a week. :D

• Like 6

Aye, that works too :)

That's basically all I am saying... But ask yourself, If you and I are premium players, why should I not have the opportunity to obtain dragon armor just because I was not fortunate enough to be there when it fell dead but you were? And why should I have to pay out-of-this-world prices for something you paid nothing for? Look, I understand the special Gold-only spy-glasses, etc.etc. But to have the same "old" players killing the dragons every time a new map opens and then financing their Wurm experience with it is just not fair to others that pay and play this game. The highest goals of Wurm ought to be obtainable by all.

I can't see the difference between complaining you can't get dragon armor because you weren't around, and because you can't get the spy glass or other special item because you weren't around.

I am for having some sort of spawn set up as long as it is limited, or just create a limit on the amount of hides it drops. My understanding is that a dragon drop can give enough for nearly 10 suits of armor? Perhaps change it to not even enough for 1 set of armor and have dragons plentiful (well, not exactly plentiful, but not scarce).

I would love to be able to become a dragon hunter of sorts. I would prefer the armor stays quite rare though, and to do that and allow more to experience the fun in fighting a dragon you'd have to make the drop very minimal loot.

Anyway, i'm for having dragons around to kill, but not if it nerfs the rarity and coolness factor of the armor.

While i'm disappointed I don't have all of the cool items others received from being around in the earlier days, I don't think they should be reintroduced to the game to satisfy the complaints of some, or because I envy having those cool items. I can buy them from players after all.

Also i'd like to see dragons model size increase to that of the avatars of mag. It would be awesome to be running through the woods and then BOOM. Maybe give them an aggro system like hell horses, but a shorter fuse? As long as they aren't pennable that is.

• Like 1

After playing for a while and careful thought i think the Dragon should just be discontinued. Whats out there is out there and nothing more of the dragons should be released, Yes im changing my mind and no its not because i dont have a dragon. But i do feel Rolf should make some new creatures to release on all servers with some of those being as rare as the dragon. Ill start a new thread on the idea.

I see dragons in wurm after insanity path, and in real life too

Not this yet again......... /o\ Rolf just give us all a personal dragon!!! not.

Necro much? But anyhow...

[20:25] <@Wossoo> Are there any plans to modify dragons, either through how they function or the valuable nature of their loot?

[20:26] <&Rolf> anyways sure, dragons will probably be able to fly one day

[20:27] <&Rolf> they should be more like smaug

[20:27] <&Rolf> but i don't think they'll burn down villages

[20:28] <&Rolf> but sure, dragons should be made more fun

[20:28] <@Wossoo> What about their loot?

[20:28] <@Wossoo> ie. drake armour

[20:28] <@Wossoo> well, hides

[20:28] <@Wossoo> and their spawn rate

[20:29] <&Rolf> the idea was always to add new uniques once we've gotten the graphics pipeline in place

[20:29] <&Rolf> and we're sort of getting there

[20:29] <&Rolf> so there will come new uniques in various forms and I guess new dragon types will be part of that

[20:29] <@Wossoo> Ahh, to all servers?

[20:29] <@Wossoo> oooh

[20:29] <&Rolf> yes

[20:30] <&Rolf> and also old uniques may pop up

[20:30] <&Rolf> anyways, that's the idea

Just have them respawn but make it so they don't give any hides.

The only 'interaction' that most players will have with a wild dragon is insta-death.

End of story.

Just have them respawn but make it so they don't give any hides.

That's basically all I am saying... But ask yourself, If you and I are premium players, why should I not have the opportunity to obtain dragon armor just because I was not fortunate enough to be there when it fell dead but you were? And why should I have to pay out-of-this-world prices for something you paid nothing for? Look, I understand the special Gold-only spy-glasses, etc.etc. But to have the same "old" players killing the dragons every time a new map opens and then financing their Wurm experience with it is just not fair to others that pay and play this game. The highest goals of Wurm ought to be obtainable by all.

wise words spoken there, lets hope rolf and his team , make some kind of decision and it gets added into the game , been far to many months/years of stuff going unfixed or bug'd/ broken or whatever and nothing ever happening, dragon's traders, and so on..