Sign in to follow this  
Yamuliss

Time To Bring Dragons Back Rolf And Devs!

I think it would be nice to see everyone have an = chance at seeing and interacting and handling dragons. A select few comes to a server and kill's off that server resource for self gain and then leaves or simply profits off the killing is wrong on every level. Wrong to the new players whom come to check the game out, wrong to the existing players who pay cash to play the game just as the vets do. Wrong to vets who seek the adventure of killing the creatures and the challenge there of. I feel the dragon should be the most powerful and feared creature in the game and i feel all creatures should have chance at re-spawning on all servers. I feel the dragon should have the ability to cross sea lanes as its means of flight but not actually fly in combat. I feel they should be focused on wealth,as a dragon is described to be attracted to in myth. If your village produces a lot of wealth such as a market might, then that should be an area a dragon would most likely spawn at. A dragon should be a true threat and very hard to kill as it is from my understanding but even more so. The odds of capturing should be as hard. To the victor of being a dragon slayer or keeper the rewards should be there. But these creatures need to re-spawn to be fare to all even those who killed the ones that did exist these creatures need to re-spawn. So dragon slayers can have the opportunity to use there titles for more then a story time tale how it once was.Dragon slayers should be sought after and should be depended on. In the freedom isle servers Dragons should be the main threat. Sense these servers are not PVP servers they should be the main hostility and challenge. This would end any gripe of not having a dragon or not being able to obtain one. In fact the creature may actually be hated if this change was possible if its abilities was updated and allowed to burn a village down it might change the view of dragons to a small degree or two and bring a sense of challenge to the freedom servers. Imagine coming online to see your village burned down because a Dragon appeared decided to stay a while, Forum would light up with requests for dragon slayers. Oh boy wouldn't that be fun and bring a whole new meaning to the achievement of Dragon Slayer. Food for thought i seriously doubt any DEV or Rolf would listen to reason on the idea. But i am a new player so what would i know.

• Like 2

Oh god... Not this thread again...

There are plenty of threads on the subject, go post there...

• Like 5

copy and past?
/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/74629-rolf-stop-the-lame-penning-and-killings-of-dragons-please/page__st__220#entry756946

It is not my intention to upset anyone with the subject but rather to bring up an idea about them and how best it service to all players alike on the freedom servers. As it stands now sounds like, the policy for having a dragon is who can pay the most with real money for one if you can get so lucky as to find one for sell. I see nothing wrong with prospering from the sell of these creatures eggs or hides. I just feel they should not be a limited resource within the game. Should have a chance of spawning again and more so on the freedom servers then anywhere else to give more of a challenge. There no reason by my post for anyone to get upset im just bringing up a friendly topic about them and how nice it be to see them return in some way shape or form rather then waiting for the next server release, i realize there is other topics out there on the subject buried by time, im a new player by most standards who played little over a month this is my first topic posted, id like to think i have the right to at least post one topic without it being a heated debate or tit for tat disagreement on the subject and how many times it may or may not have been brought up.

We aren't against your idea. It's just that it has been suggested repeatedly and it has come to nothing. Please check the suggestion forum before making a suggestion to see if it has been suggested before. We have no problem with reviving existing threads and adding your thoughts, just getting tired of seeing a new thread on the same subject again and again.

New dragons come with a new server. They never get placed back in the old servers after they have been killed. The folk that have dragons penned are the ones that penned them themselves and kept them for so long. Currently the newest servers, Release and Pristine, are locked from the other freedom servers to stop high level fighters from killing them. Of course after a few months since those servers have been out those dragons are now starting to die or beginning to get penned.

well starting to be penned anyhow...idk of any dying yet...was an attempt with 70 fs fighters..think they got it to 5% damage before it healed LOL....

Edited by Emane

New dragons come with a new server. They never get placed back in the old servers after they have been killed.

Depends on your definition of "old". Actually the uniques did get respawned during the pre-freedom days. But it was before rolf started adding new severs with new uniques every few months and it always happened several months after ALL the unique creatures on the server (and not just the dragons) were killed.

*sigh* there's nothing stopping you, or anyone, from participating in a dragon slaying. With new servers opening all the time, next time one comes out, be ready with the required skills and either capture it yourself, or find someone who has captured one, and get in on the fight.

If you want to kill a dragon, get off your butt, get busy, and do it. Sitting here whining won't help you. You're not going to be handed a dragon on a silver platter, but if you want to participate in a slaying, there's nobody stopping you.

• Like 1

wait, did a new server open up again? Im confused.. this thread is here too early.

• Like 1

Once he fixes dragons and makes them able to move freely at will and never be penned sure i could see this........

Until that time no i do not think he should respawn them.

On 26/02/2013 at 0:11 PM, Protunia said:

Once he fixes dragons and makes them able to move freely at will and never be penned sure i could see this........

Until that time no i do not think he should respawn them.

Edited by Tehangel2

Any respawning of the dragons should be done quietly and not at the request of the player base. Do it better. Make dragons breed on their own so they multiply and become dangerous

• Like 2

Any respawning of the dragons should be done quietly and not at the request of the player base. Do it better. Make dragons breed on their own so they multiply and become dangerous

\

They do, they lay eggs. Which is one thing that I DO think should be removed, so people can't farm eggs and make tons of money off of that.

Instead of eggs, only get more dragons via mating; which would be a huge effort, but also more realistic.

Let's have gold and silver start migrating too. Good idea folks.

I'm so glad that this totally not copy and pasted post filled with original ideas that have never been brought up before made it to these forums!

Edited by Niclamus
  • Like 2

I still say that dragons should be non killable and when they get down to low health the drop a very very very small amount, like next to nothing, of what you can butcher from them then they fly off for a random time, a day, a week, a month, several? And they find a new spot to stay ( might have to make them non aggro type mobs or like hell horses where they can attack but not always ) and they stay at the spot for a random time then fly off to a new spot for a random time. So you can't pen them up and new ppl have a chance to see them befor they move away to a new spot.

• Like 1

It again is a topic for open debate not meaning to indulge in past conversation of old subjects as for the post being a copy and pasted there was an error in my placing the post in response to an earlier topic and much older posting. For all those who are so board with this topic and subject, well then this is an idea for ya, in stead wasting your time and everyone else time in complaining about the posted topic, just pass it on by and not read it, and don't reply to it. Don't click on it! That is what most normal people do if they are not interested in a certain subject, they just ignore it and pass it on by. There no complaint on my end as to how Rolf has it now however being anew player who started out id like to see these creatures more in action. My primary account not on the newer servers so it would be nice to see them return in some way shape or form. That's really all i was expressing besides a few ideas of change.

Im for a sneaky Dragon Rebellion and mass breeding

• Like 1

Just my opinion, but I think the elitism surrounding the whole dragon issue is a bane for Wurm. Everyone should have the opportunity to see and fight dragons and thus be able to obtain the ultimate prize - armor. I suspect the only reason Rolf has not respawned dragons is because of the amount of money involved in the armor market and those who stay close to his ear screaming no (the same group). But that should really not be a consideration.

The namesake of Wurm ought to rightly be a part of the experience for everyone.

• Like 4

Just my opinion, but I think the elitism surrounding the whole dragon issue is a bane for Wurm. Everyone should have the opportunity to see and fight dragons and thus be able to obtain the ultimate prize - armor. I suspect the only reason Rolf has not respawned dragons is because of the amount of money involved in the armor market and those who stay close to his ear screaming no (the same group). But that should really not be a consideration.

The namesake of Wurm ought to rightly be a part of the experience for everyone.

Dragons were not the namesake of Wurm, the creators planned not to even add dragons.

Uhg. ###### like this is what ruined WoW. ITS NOT SPECIAL ANYMORE IF EVERYONE CAN GET IT.

Its like watching children cry and say..."but... but...but... jimmy has a transformer.... why can't I have a transformer? Wahhhh!!"

Maybe bring in some dragon spawns, but extremely slowly(1/year/server or less...), or make it require some sort of huge server-wide effort to summon a new one. The ability to acquire it could be reintroduced, but in order to maintain the level of special it would need to be very, very slowly.

Uhg. ###### like this is what ruined WoW. ITS NOT SPECIAL ANYMORE IF EVERYONE CAN GET IT.

Its like watching children cry and say..."but... but...but... jimmy has a transformer.... why can't I have a transformer? Wahhhh!!"

Maybe bring in some dragon spawns, but extremely slowly(1/year/server or less...), or make it require some sort of huge server-wide effort to summon a new one. The ability to acquire it could be reintroduced, but in order to maintain the level of special it would need to be very, very slowly.

That's basically all I am saying... But ask yourself, If you and I are premium players, why should I not have the opportunity to obtain dragon armor just because I was not fortunate enough to be there when it fell dead but you were? And why should I have to pay out-of-this-world prices for something you paid nothing for? Look, I understand the special Gold-only spy-glasses, etc.etc. But to have the same "old" players killing the dragons every time a new map opens and then financing their Wurm experience with it is just not fair to others that pay and play this game. The highest goals of Wurm ought to be obtainable by all.

• Like 2

That's basically all I am saying... But ask yourself, If you and I are premium players, why should I not have the opportunity to obtain dragon armor just because I was not fortunate enough to be there when it fell dead but you were? And why should I have to pay out-of-this-world prices for something you paid nothing for? Look, I understand the special Gold-only spy-glasses, etc.etc. But to have the same "old" players killing the dragons every time a new map opens and then financing their Wurm experience with it is just not fair to others that pay and play this game. The highest goals of Wurm ought to be obtainable by all.

Next time a server opens, get your own group together, and kill a dragon. You can do it if you take the initiative and beat the other people to it.