Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Branding Aggressive Animals

I was thinking about how to keep aggressive animals on deed and still have spirit guards active to protect against trolls bashing walls down and had an idea. My idea is that while we have an aggressive animal tamed/dominated allow them to be branded . Once they are branded and turn back aggressive the guards will know that they belong to that deed and will not attack them anymore. This would only work on the deed that the animals are branded to any other deeds guards would attack as normal. I don't know if you can even brand an aggressive animal now or not but thought this was a good idea for keeping hell horses and other animals.. What do you think?

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

I used to brand my bears, would be nice if it did something with the guards though still

+1, and afaik the branding part is allready working like this (when tamed/dominated you can brand them) so that leaves just the guards / templars to be coded this way.

Agro animal - attacks people - guards will kill

Agro animal branded - attacks people - guards will ignore

Gives the potential for 'guard' animals to protect my deed on freedom from wandering newbies, an unlocked fence to keep the animals in to help 'guard' the place. :ph34r:

+1 ~ especially once I turn off attack non-citizens on deed with my guard-bears.

Edited by Elen

+1 but I still see a problem with hell horses giving birth ondeed and the foal is not branded..

+1 but I still see a problem with hell horses giving birth ondeed and the foal is not branded..

Never thought about that I guess it would be the same for all of the aggressive animals giving birth. The only way around that is if the two parents are both branded the offspring would be born branded too but then you could never sell them to anyone. Well it was a good idea for a little while, lol

This would be a good idea, but yeah the births would screw it up.

Maybe a new type of building/wall that excludes guards from attacking there,

Or simply make it so that guards don't attack animals indoors.

how about have an option for each animal to be ignored by guards and an option to ignore offsprings ... while tamed/dominated that is and leave the branding part away , since some people may want to make a bear farm :)