Sign in to follow this  
Akiyama

Usable Fish.

The idea is simple.

1: add the ability to cook fish like meat, and store it in Fsb.

2: allow people to dry fish when cooking with salt. to create Dry Fish Jerky and Fish Oil that can be used in Lanterns. compasses ect...

3: gives a viable food source for weaker people who can't always hunt.

4: Adds a new way for people to make money... selling bulk fish to people

5: possibly add fishing nets under rope making that can be used with larger boats like Corb, Cog, Knarr, and Caravel.

6: add honey.. for mead.

• Like 1

+1 to all except

5: possibly add fishing nets under rope making that can be used with larger boats like Corb, Cog, Knarr, and Caravel.

Given the time period might be "better" to restrict to row/sail and/or Corb?

its fine as it is.. larger ships would be better for nets as they can hold thousands of fish at a time verse only a few hundred

All tho allowing them on all boats might work

Edited by Akiyama

Thousands of fish would not work nor be good to have for people to get at once. So not much better as usable on all boats, would be better to only allow of sailboats and rowboats, not commercialized with thousands of fish being caught on the much large vessels :D

wanna fish with a pole, use a row boat. want to fish like a real man... use a real ship like a knarr, cog, caravel. there are in existence Small and large nets..

random 1-5 ish fish per 5 minute net cast. so its not a thousand fish at a time...

I

• Like 1

To store cooked fish inside of food bins has been suggested many times and I still agree with this suggestion. Way overdue. Now since many items are being added to bulk bin storage ability, I see some dim possibility that some additions may be made to food bins and this would be a prime candidate for selection.

=Ayes=

+1

I also like the small net / large net idea. Small nets for row/sail boats and large nets for larger boats. # of fish dependent on size and ql of net.

+1

I also like the small net / large net idea. Small nets for row/sail boats and large nets for larger boats. # of fish dependent on size and ql of net.

Thats the base of the idea. :D

+1 to this. I want to be able to dry/cook and store fish, dangit!

-1 to the salt requirement for drying fish, though, unless salt becomes more readily accessible.

Sea salt can be collected with sacking, so totally possible for Wurm if they add it.