Sign in to follow this  
Wolfram

Developer discussion logs

Well, the logs have been posted here:

http://wurmonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=90

There were a few hiccups while we got a system worked out, but the next one will go much smoother.

To summarise,

The plan is to have wurm polished enough to start promoting it in June.

things that will be done before this are:

boats & mounts

reworking religion

music & sounds

The next big thing is boats & mounts which is due (hopefully) in two weeks.

There was lots of discussion about many things that will be added in the future, changed or fixed later. Some examples are possibly making the death penalties not so harsh. different server types, like arctic etc. Coming up with a solution to the problem of trees spreading to fast except near NT where it is to slow.

Questions? Comments?

There is a big problem with some ATI cards causing selection issues. I did some research and it seems to indicate that problem is not due to the client but to do with a bug in the OpenGL, with the drivers. I am not sure what more can be done, as a lot has been done already. What i can say is more research needs to be done to find the cause of the problem. In my case the selection problems i have can easily be sorted by selecting the object from a different direction.

Aside from this i see three problem. The fact that rules can be broken. I am referring to the rules such as no tower in water, no using bow like a sword to gain skill and no alters in inventory. This should be impossible to do, it should not be possible to start or continue building the tower in water, bows should give no archery skill when wielded and alters should drop when they are blessed. It is small bugs like these that make the game unfinished, not the fact that things are not in the game.

The last problem is the fact there are many people who wish to go prem but can't. Other methods of payment need to be looked at. The thing to do for this is look at what other games similar to wurm do.

The final problem i see is the fact servers can remain down for hours even when they just require a simple restart. The problem is Rolf can't just allow other people to restart the server because they might cause damage if a bad bug has caused the server to crash. so this has to be worked out.

Thanks for reading.

Here's an edited version of the chat (with irrelevant comments, moderator interjections, and unanswered questions removed) and with the responses rearranged a little to match the questions they go with:

[~Rolf] ah I'll give my view of the current state of development
[~Rolf] and what is going on
[~Rolf] then you can ask questions
[~Rolf] I estimate that in about two months Wurm will be of a version that I consider rounded off
[~Rolf] not complete of course
[~Rolf] but that contains the basic features that I think wurm needs to be working properly as a game
[~Rolf] I expect to have been able to polish some of the current features as well up until then
[~Rolf] the current things that I personally feel is needed
[~Rolf] is religion, and plot advancement
[~Rolf] mounts and vehicles will be implemented pretty soon as well although they could have been left out
[~Rolf] the website needs to be attended to as well
[~Rolf] when those things are in the game and balanced to an ok level
[~Rolf] there will be some polishing of existing features
[~Rolf] and smaller feature add-ons
[~Rolf] also in the meantime the gms will need some tools done
[~Rolf] music will also come, and hopefully more sounds
[~Rolf] the ambient sounds will probably be implemented by dragonm and chuddox
[~Rolf] but there is no current eta
[~Rolf] joss sanglier aka gurubear has made lots of music and musical effects
[~Rolf] that will be released soon
[~Rolf] i don't know what to call the goal where we have these features
[~Rolf] maybe Wurm 1 or something
[~Rolf] end of beta
[~Rolf] but then again it will still require more polishing in certain areas
[~Rolf] then after that, probably in autumn we'll start looking at multi story buildings and bridges
[~Rolf] and adding more creatures and items, unless we are already there
[~Rolf] character customization as well
[~Rolf] such as looks, clothes
[~Rolf] i don't expect us to be able to start that seriously before the summer
[~Rolf] when it comes to more servers we'll see how the population grows
[~Rolf] also we're going to look at how to get more people to become premium without harming them too much
[~Rolf] or harming the current premium players for that matter
[~Rolf] hum yes that is pretty much what is moving in my head atm
[~Rolf] let's start with some questions

[+sppt] Sharaka wanted to know what your current plan is for religion
[~Rolf] good and sensitive question since I once had a pretty good view of what i wanted
[~Rolf] then over a few years it got tangled into itself
[~Rolf] then we put religion on hold
[~Rolf] so i am going to take a step back and figure out how i want it to work again
[~Rolf] i don't think it will be a major change that requires resets or a totally new system
[~Rolf] i have received lots of good ideas and suggestions
[~Rolf] so i'll think some for myself and see how well it will work with those
[+Metaldragon] What will that mean for preists + champions?
[~Rolf] hopefully not too much except that the idea is that a priest shouldn't have to be an alt
[~Rolf] that may of course be a rather big change
[~Rolf] but not a negative one, i mean

[+Zylian] Sloot wanted to know that he's about to go champ with his vynora priest, will the religion fix have a major impact on players becoming champions?
[~Rolf] no i don't think so
[~Rolf] unless he can elaborate
[~Rolf] i.e be more specific
[~Rolf] from what i understand it works like it should
[%uzetaab] I think he may be worried that he will regret going champ later
[%uzetaab] after the changes
[~Rolf] aha nah they are permadeath so i am not too worried about them being a bit overpowered

[%uzetaab] heh. two people have asked me this. What are the circumstances in which a map or skill reset would be considered?
[~Rolf] no wipes are planned btw
[~Rolf] if players want it
[~Rolf] but i doubt there would be a full skill reset
[~Rolf] depends on the argumentation
[~Rolf] it would require a lot of the older players to ask for it
[~Rolf] that loose something
[~Rolf] and they'd have to motivate it very good
[~Rolf] since the best players are the ones who loose most
[%uzetaab] ahh. by older, you mean players who've been playing since map start?
[~Rolf] yes and that have played a lot
[~Rolf] oh and of course a catastrophy
[~Rolf] such as if i see that it is the only way out

[+sppt] Sharaka also wanted to know whether it's possible to "merge" priest alt and main accounts at some point in time, or not
[~Rolf] i don't see that happening
[~Rolf] so the answer will have to be no for now
[~Rolf] but i haven't really considered it

[+sppt] Ignition once made a plan on the religion system and i believe you (Rolf) were intrested in it, what did happen to this plan? Wasnt it good enough or wasn't it fully delivered?
[+sppt] hmm, part 2 of the question: It contained a piece of old system where priests were able to do stuff, like vynoran had bonuses to make roads and such. It sounded really intresting with new features but what did actually happen?
[~Rolf] hmm was that kai and ignition?
[+sppt] yes rolf, it was kai and ignition
[~Rolf] yes i have kept that and it looked good
[~Rolf] i can't say how much of it will be implemented though
[~Rolf] i don't understand part 2 of the question.. religion is put on hold so not sure what that meant

[%uzetaab] what kinds of changes do you think it will be? more spells/special apilities or letting up on a few of the restrictions?
[%uzetaab] or both?
[~Rolf] more spells in more areas
[~Rolf] and the same areas
[~Rolf] probably adding cooldowns to certain really powerful spells
[~Rolf] instead of relying on favor
[~Rolf] i.e favorgain.. favor will probably still be used
[~Rolf] but right now the cooldown is dependant on how quickly you regain favor
[~Rolf] which is too blunt

[+Zylian] Rolf, I have a few questions. One is about the advertisment of Wurm. AlexGodis had a hard time finding this game, and was lucky that another player reffered him to it.
[+Zylian] A major problem with wurm is that lots of people haven't even heard of it. What do you plan on increasing the, how you say, commercial aspect of wurm?
[~Rolf] the idea is to make it as marketable as possible while polishing then run an advertising campaign
[~Rolf] i expect it to be hugely successful
[~Rolf] like, "it shouldn't be able to fail"-successful
[~Rolf] but HOW it's going to work i don't know
[~Rolf] i just know that there should be a lot of people who look for a game like wurm and some will stay
[~Rolf] then we use their money to find new people who look for wurm
[~Rolf] over and over
[~Rolf] eventually there should be quite a lot of subscribers
[~Rolf] we've withheld marketing activities because we don't want to scare potential customers away
[~Rolf] talking to magazines and stuff like that yes
[~Rolf] will be first things to do

[+sppt] talking about a lot of subscribers, how many people can wurm support and will it remain 1 universe, or multiple regional 'instances' of wurm?
[~Rolf] we have always said that there will always be only one universe
[~Rolf] uniqueness is the most important part of wurm i think
[~Rolf] even if you can't tell by looking at a character:P
[~Rolf] we can support about 64000x2500 players
[~Rolf] 64000 servers and 2500 per each
[~Rolf] with unique maps
[~Rolf] (the 2500 per each means not simultaneously playing but active.. a wurm server is expected to handle 500 simultaneous players)

[+Zylian] Rolf how do you plan on balancing the 3 servers?
[+Zylian] that is, MR, wild and home
[~Rolf] zylian, balancing on the map?
[+Zylian] Rolf no, the kingdoms
[~Rolf] the idea is to position them wisely around the wild servers
[~Rolf] not sure i understand the balancing question fully
[+Zylian] neither did I
[~Rolf] we can also have HOTS home servers
[+Zylian] but perhaps he means economy, server interest, benfits, etc
[~Rolf] they should be self-balancing when it comes to those things i guess

[%uzetaab] do you want to make the game more mainstream? (ie easier)
[~Rolf] no uzetaab not easier when it comes to gaining skills but easier to understand would be good

[+sppt] rolf, is it possible that, in the (near) future that we'll have bigger maps, or will the maps stay as big as they are?
[~Rolf] not bigger in a close future

[+Metaldragon] will we see more improvements for premium players, such as more premium unique items etc
[~Rolf] i don't like premium only stuff generally or level capped stuff
[~Rolf] but skills will limit certain things to premium players
[~Rolf] so in effect there will be

[+Zylian] Rolf Gullitani had a question, since you don't play the game much yourself, do you think it would be benefitial to have a team to offer advice in major features, eg the religion fix, buffs, nerfs, etc?
[~Rolf] not sure what i should answer
[~Rolf] sometimes it would be
[~Rolf] but then i usually ask
[~Rolf] and then it is not certain that that team would be the best people
[~Rolf] so i ask here in irc or on the forums

[+Metaldragon] Will we be seeing player made kingdoms/guilds/factions in the near future?
[~Rolf] not in the near future, but it is possible that in a year or two the old kingdoms will fall
[~Rolf] the plot will reveal that
[~Rolf] and the plot is affected by the players
[~Rolf] so we'll see

[+Metaldragon] Will we see any stricter punishments for rule breakers etc. Such as griefers, macroers and better definitions of such acts
[~Rolf] i believe that macroers are being severely punished now
[~Rolf] not sure if it has to be harsher than 999 days ban
[~Rolf] griefers also get warnings and so forth
[~Rolf] hehe that didn't sound too harsh
[~Rolf] but eventually they are banned, i mean:)

[+sppt] about the 64000 servers, does it also mean that servers can be linked up and seen as for example home and wild are (so for example, 100 servers for home, supporting 50.000 players) ?
[~Rolf] yes sppt they will all be linked
[~Rolf] in a huge grid
[+sppt] so there will be servers for a certain region on home and wild?
[~Rolf] hmm a home server is a home server
[~Rolf] not sure what you mean by a certain region
[~Rolf] there will come different climate zones
[~Rolf] but those will probably be for the whole server
[+sppt] well, let's see one server as a map of 256 'sections', would there be 256 for each section?
[~Rolf] aha not probably sppt

And part II:

[+Zylian] Wait a minute, I just got a funny idea. Do you think you could make central server so that you can see the lands on the other servers in the distance? that would be really cool
[~Rolf] yes zylian that is possible

[+sppt] Rolf, would it be possible to have some kind of contest area between home and wild, so invasions can be done?
[~Rolf] it would be possible to open up for invasions on home but i don't think that would need a certain contest area

[+Zylian] Aza provided more details on his question. How are you going to balance the wars between the kingdoms, so that HoTS won't be overwhelmed by the other kingdoms and vice versa, and so that we don't have only one strong black lighter village?
[~Rolf] zylian i will look into balancing such things more while polishing
[~Rolf] giving realistic bonuses to kingdoms with few players is of course one way and that is already happening
[+Zylian] what kinds of bonuses?
[~Rolf] currently you receive a bonus to fighting
[+Zylian] bonus as in skill gain?
[~Rolf] ah no right now it is to your ability
[+Zylian] can you elaborate?
[~Rolf] so given equal skills a hots player will have easier to hit a jenn player atm
[~Rolf] since they are so much fewer

[+sppt] Dizzybot wanted to know whether it would be possible in the future to ally with opposite kingdoms such as HOTS and JK for example
[~Rolf] no dizzybot

[+Zylian] Rolf one problem with wurm is that there are many people who can't buy premium, because they don't have a credit/savings card to sign up with pay pal. do you plan to sell premium subscription cards in retail stores for wurm?
[~Rolf] yes, we are investigating wally
[~Rolf] it's a question of when egal will be able to implement it
[~Rolf] there are a lot of interesting payment methods, each add their problems though so we have to add them slowly as we get more resources
[~Rolf] bah it's wallie
[%Ketzaway] That's http://www.wallie.com/ for more info, I guess.

[+sppt] Rolf, would it be possible to pay for premium by SMS?
[~Rolf] the more payment methods we can support the better

[+sppt] doctorchaos wanted to know whether the upcoming changes will affect the current price for premium
[~Rolf] no i don't expect that

[+Metaldragon] Are we going to be able to sell liquids or containers full of items in the future to personal merchants?
[~Rolf] yes metaldragon that is the plan but it is a bit hairy to fix so i don't expect it to be soon

[%uzetaab] Are there plans to change the mailbox to make it more popular?
[~Rolf] ah heh well i think i just made it work between servers which should have that effect
[~Rolf] need to test though

[+Zylian] with the enemy sign next to the player from another kingdom, could you add which kingdom they're from? eg (ENEMY HoTS)
[~Rolf] nah i think the model should say that

[%uzetaab] can you ask if MR will get its own kingdom animals and not share JK's
[~Rolf] kingdom animals will be changed somehow yes
[~Rolf] but well, they are really religious animals

[+Metaldragon] Is there any way to limit the wilds kingdom bonuses so that only premium only members affect it as anyone can make a basic account and join hots/wild to boost numbers
[~Rolf] metaldragon that non-premiums affect that count is a rumour
[~Rolf] only premiums affect that count

[+sppt] how about adding new (non-)hostile animals as well?
[+sppt] for example sheeps, goats and the like
[~Rolf] the limit in the number of animals has to do partly with models
[~Rolf] i want the art team to be able to keep the pace and the packs shouldn't grow too large
[~Rolf] sppt i don't want pointless animals taking up database space
[~Rolf] but yes it would be nice with squirrels and so

[+sppt] Speaking of animals, will there be more varieties and not just stronger ones for more experienced players but also weaker onces for beginners?
[~Rolf] yes the easiest animals may be too strong now
[~Rolf] i'll have to check on that

[%uzetaab] hmm. maybe some server specific animals in the future. that way people dont need the pack if they are not on that server?
[~Rolf] yes
[~Rolf] but i doubt that it will be such a difference
[~Rolf] or well, for an arctic server there will probably be

[+Metaldragon] What is happening with the fighting system? The direction of the fighting has seemingly gone many different directions and things seem to be changing behind the scenes more.
[~Rolf] things will keep being tweaked and balanced, i don't consider it done yet
[~Rolf] like many people notice base characteristics have too little impact and sometimes in dubious places
[~Rolf] i want to keep the tempo though so i want to add boats
[~Rolf] and mounts

[+sppt] about skillgain, sloot asked this: there have been a lot of skillgain nerfs recently which prevent newer player from ever getting close to the skill of those who already have the skills. Is this being thought about? Usually, MMOs do the opposite and make it easier for new players to catch up.
[~Rolf] i don't think that it is impossible
[~Rolf] also, those old players who have those skills aren't that many
[~Rolf] or have their skills decay

[%uzetaab] death penalties. some consider them harsh. any chance of this changing?
[~Rolf] yes there is
[~Rolf] they are probably too harsh
[~Rolf] a better way of making death a serious business would be good

[+Metaldragon] When will boats will realisticly be implemented? Any information on how the finished versions will work? (sorry for firing random questions now, trying to get'em out of the way)
[~Rolf] metaldragon say two weeks
[~Rolf] one person will drive the boat atm, and other will be passengeres

[+sppt] how about mounts, any details on that?
[~Rolf] same with mounts - one person rides and the other a passenger

[+Metaldragon] When will internal house walls be worked on?
[~Rolf] autumn earliest i think

[%uzetaab] Are champ faster healing and skill gain bonuss actually coded in/working?
[~Rolf] skill gain bonus?
[%uzetaab] aye
[~Rolf] hum have i said they get skillgain bonus?
[%uzetaab] vy gets a bonus to skillgain. supposedly at 30
[~Rolf] vynora priests have skillgain bonus
[~Rolf] not sure about healing either
[+Zylian] and lemme guess, champs don't?
[~Rolf] well champs are priests
[~Rolf] you need high favor as well to get the bonuses

[+Metaldragon] How fast will boats go? Also, will you be able to put things inside of it such as a cart?
[~Rolf] yes metaldragon they will work like carts
[~Rolf] how fast they go i don't know
[~Rolf] right now they move like when you are swimming

[+sppt] will you be able to fight while mounted, and what kind of mounts will the game see (for example, horses and elephants)
[~Rolf] sppt i have only considered horses atm
[~Rolf] sppt you will be able to fight

[+Zylian] when will animals be able to drag carts? that examine description has been haunting us all ROlf
[~Rolf] zylian hopefully when boats and mounts come

[+Metaldragon] Are you going to have someone join you with server-sided coding and planning in order to create Wurm more effectivly to your liking?
[~Rolf] i have always wanted to be able to hire a team of developers to help out with that so it will happen when we get money

[+Zylian] Rolf will there be large carts? and will it ever be possible to have two people dragging a cart at one time to make it go faster?
[~Rolf] zylian large carts will probably be dragged by an ox or horse
[~Rolf] and you can ride them

[+sppt] how about boats, will they play big roles, and what kind of boats will there be(galleons, rowing boats etc), and will you be able to fight, trade, board and fish on boats? will swimming in open ocean be removed when boats are in?
[~Rolf] yes sppt swimming will be stamina based
[~Rolf] or swimming skill based
[~Rolf] so boats will be very important
[~Rolf] what kinds of boats there will be is undecided
[~Rolf] there is so much room for improvements, just as with house building
[~Rolf] and castles
[~Rolf] etc

[%uzetaab] will home server see any kind of affinity bonuses? currently they are granted from PVP only
[~Rolf] uzetaab no plans for that right now.. it's a bladerunner type of feature
[~Rolf] they didn't exactly become The One by emoting at eachother
[~Rolf] or well "they" didn't become The One either
[~Rolf] hah
[~Rolf] basically, although it may be abused, i want risk to be involved for affinities

[+sppt] Rolf, will boats require docks? and how will docks be made, by planning it like a house(with the ability to make it bigger than a regular house?), and will there be multiple dock types?
[~Rolf] sppt some boats may require docks but not the current ones

[+Zylian] Rolf when I heard that boats were gonna be implemented, I imagined large vessels with the ability to carry multiple people and lots of cargo. Will this be possible?
[~Rolf] zylian there is a sailing boat but it can be pulled ashore

[+Metaldragon] Multistory buildings: Will they be compatable with buildings we have now? (the models and such)
[~Rolf] yes metaldragon

[+sppt] well i imagined that in the future we'd have huge docks, would that be possible?
[~Rolf] sppt it seems related to bridges so given that a large boat can't sail into a bay and you can build something to walk you out there they would have a use

[%uzetaab] problem: trees spread to fast. but not fast enough near NT. any chance of a solution to this?
[~Rolf] yes that problem itches me as well
[~Rolf] not sure how to solve though
[+Metaldragon] Tutorial island! :>
[~Rolf] there are schemes for tutorial island types of things, we'll see

[+sppt] Will user-created content packs be considered for validation if they would be screened first?
[~Rolf] sppt i let sunsplash handle the content parts so they would have to answer that question
[+Zylian] how many people does sunsplash consist of?
[~Rolf] two or three
[~Rolf] or four
[+sppt] is there any way we can contact sunsplash easily?
[+sppt] do they have an IRC channel?
[~Rolf] you should be able to get hold of athero's or mortimars emails
[~Rolf] somewhere

[+Metaldragon] Rolf, Can you allow fo-preists to target? At the moment they can fight, but they can't click Target ~ Nubcaek.
[~Rolf] metaldragon foists attacks will be considered in the religion update

[+Zylian] [02:00:12] <jayz> can a feature be implemented where, when a player walks near a powerful creature in a forest, an event displays a warning eg. "you hear a rustling in the grass" in order to prevent players being
[+Zylian] [02:00:24] <jayz> jumped by hidden animals
[+Zylian] [02:00:56] <jayz> basically an alert, that could only go off if an animal is way above you fs
[~Rolf] zylian that grass rustle is something for the suggestions forum

[+sppt] Do the wurm models support bone-weighting? (asked by hiddenmyst, who is afk)
[~Rolf] sppt no

[+sppt] ok, will proper tools/swords attaching be in anytime soon?
[+sppt] in a sense that they'll move with your hand
[~Rolf] i think so but i don't know how much work is required on the client

[+sppt] rolf, can favor / faith / cooldown become a bar like health, food, water?
[~Rolf] yes i want them to be
[~Rolf] well cooldown is per spell
[~Rolf] like if you cast an earthquake
[~Rolf] which you should maybe be able to once a week if you're a high priest
[~Rolf] the cooldown will be for that spell only

[+Metaldragon] How much do affinities effect skills? what sort of number are we lloking at when it comes to them adding to skills?
[~Rolf] that is up to you the players to find out

[+sppt] Would it be possible to prepare spells, so they take favor away from that time and can be casted later with less to no favor, but may take more casting time or something, which makes fo priests more useful
[~Rolf] sppt that question will be answered by the religion fix
[~Rolf] it is of course possible

[%uzetaab] [01:02] <Nubcaek> Oooh oooh
[%uzetaab] [01:02] <Nubcaek> What about removing unfinished items?
[%uzetaab] [01:02] <Nubcaek> Everyone'd like that one
[~Rolf] they are a countermeasure to people spamming out normal items
[~Rolf] iirc
[~Rolf] so if another solution for that is presented it could be done
[~Rolf] i think people created tons of low ql tools and sold to the traders

[+Metaldragon] Could you test things before you implement them with both high, medium and low skill and if it depends on several skills test the skills with low-low, low-medium, low-high and so on to really see.....
[+Metaldragon] how it affects the outcome?
[~Rolf] metaldragon it would of course be best for everyone
[~Rolf] but we don't have automated tests for it
[~Rolf] and it would slow down development even more since there are a lot of factors involved in most things

[+sppt] is it possible that we'll see house-building progress as you attach a plank or brick?
[~Rolf] maybe not per brick but i think there will be more stages at least

[+Metaldragon] Another wonderful question from Harley: Several 1v1 duels went on recently amongst premium players from different kingdoms, yet for some reason only one death produced an affinity. Why is that?
[~Rolf] it is expected
[~Rolf] you'll have to figure it out

[%uzetaab] will home server see any kind of affinity bonuses? currently they are granted from PVP only

[~Rolf] uzetaab no plans for that right now.. it's a bladerunner type of feature

lol  :D

I have no idea what he's referring to.  Did he mean the Matrix?  I guess I don't know what an affinity bonus is.

Ty for posting that cunk,

I wish i could have been there, but i think i like the edited version better.

its nice to know all these things are happening.

*grabs his planks and nails ready to make his boat*

I have no idea what he's referring to.  Did he mean the Matrix?  I guess I don't know what an affinity bonus is.

I'd guess he means the three "The One"s we have on wild, Taya, Pedro and Iaqb, aka the leaders of their respective kingdom.

I'd guess he means the three "The One"s we have on wild, Taya, Pedro and Iaqb, aka the leaders of their respective kingdom.

Well, no. That makes no sense either since they got those positions by pure random chance that had nothing to do with PVP.  I think he meant The Matrix when he said Bladerunner and somehow he associates affinity with something from that movie.  But I have no idea.

Affinity bonuses can be given out during a PvP fight - which i think end up with the person able to gain skill slightly easier in the 'affinity' skill.

Ah, you might be right. Guess only one knows the true answer though ^^

Well, no. That makes no sense either since they got those positions by pure random chance that had nothing to do with PVP.  I think he meant The Matrix when he said Bladerunner and somehow he associates affinity with something from that movie.  But I have no idea.

Have none of you seen highlander?

there can be only one

I have all 4 of the movies on the dvd shelf =)

Affinity bonuses can be given out during a PvP fight - which i think end up with the person able to gain skill slightly easier in the 'affinity' skill.

Should be after the enemy has been killed, I think. I don't get them that much though.

about mounts, i hope there is not like every one can just jump on a "cat" and ride it, and be alot quicker, or yea , it would be great if there maybe where new skills in it or something,

"Riding" lets say if your really low skilled you might fail to  put you up on the horse, would be nice.

(i think that it should be able to and "needed" to feed the horses with Hay)

on one of the loggs it says about player skills being reset..Rolf then stated that he would ask the older players (start of map) what they wanted..what about the other players what they want?

if the players skills get reset i myself wont play wurm again!! on the principle of me buying prem and getting my skills up which has taken a long time to do but which has been enjoyable, so therefor the players will have lost money for prem to get there skills up which may be reset, this fare?

on one of the loggs it says about player skills being reset..Rolf then stated that he would ask the older players (start of map) what they wanted..what about the other players what they want?

if the players skills get reset i myself wont play wurm again!! on the principle of me buying prem and getting my skills up which has taken a long time to do but which has been enjoyable, so therefor the players will have lost money for prem to get there skills up which may be reset, this fare?

agreed

It's not as simple as a few players saying "reset the skills".

The first thing that would have to happen would be that something goes seriously wrong with the game & the skills get majorly messed up.

Then there would have to be no way to go back to just before the bug occurred or some other way that it couldn't be undone.

Only then would Rolf ask the players, all the players, whether we wanted a skill reset. At this point, the players with the most to lose (ie the oldest players) would hold a little more weight.

Also, you have to remember that this is only a hypothetical for an extreme situation that will probably never occur.