Sign in to follow this  
Xsamuraizx

Recent Known Bugs

This thread is made to announce recent known bugs, and how to avoid it and what to do if you have it.
Players are free to post a link to a recent bug thread if they feel it's needed to inform everyone. I will remove if it's fixed.

Known Bugs

• Refreshing walls
    • How to avoid it: Do not attempt to try to combine or add to existing buildings.
    • If you have it: Wait for a fix if it's possible, do not destroy.
  • Random house plans appearing and bugged other houses
    • How to avoid it: Tends to happen with buildings that have plans still, so finish the plans and do not make more if it will not be finished soon.
    • If you have it: Wait for a fix, do not destroy.
  • Invisible house plans that prevent planning or terraforming
    • How to avoid it: Tends to happen when you destroy a bugged building that shares with the other bugged buildings. Do not destroy.
    • If you have it: Wait for a fix, do not destroy writ to the invisible houses.
  • Missing walls, floors and roofs
    • How to avoid it: Finish any buildings that have plans still, do not plan if you do not plan to finish them soon.
    • If you have it: Do a /support ingame and hope for reimbursements, do not destroy. Do not attempt to finish anything with the bugged building.
  • Part 1: Can't remove plans due to "collapsing section" even though nothing would be floating/collapsing (Not exactly a bug, will move this)
    • How to avoid it: Make sure to plan everything you want perfectly.
    • If you have it: Wait for a fix, or put wall plans to support "hanging" floor or roof plans. "Hanging" floor/roof plan is only being supported by another floor/roof plan. Once all the hanging floor/roof plans are supported with wall plans, you can then remove them.
  • Part 2: Can't remove plans due to "collapsing section" even though nothing would be floating/collapsing (Not exactly a bug, will move this)
    • How to avoid it: Make sure to plan everything you want perfectly.
    • If you have it: Wait for a fix, or if there is a wall/roof/floor plan that is not supported by any floors or walls at north or west side of the tile, you can not remove anything until you add them to support it. e.g. A roof with fences all around it below. Can not remove roof until you destroy north or west fence and add a wall plan to support the roof.
  • Sailing while leading animals cause crashes
    • How to avoid it: Lower settings or lead few at a time.
    • If you have it: Wait for a fix or lead few at a time.
  • Missing house writs/keys (Rare bug)
    • How to avoid it: Avoid crossing servers.
    • If you have it: If you are absolutely sure it's missing due to a bug, do /support.
  • Passengers on large cart stuck on teleporting loop
    • How to avoid it: Make sure passenger is on permission for everything they need to cross. (Gates, houses, etc.). Don't disembark near walls/fences.
    • If you have it: If teleporting, just log off for /lotime. If still stuck, /support.
  • Unable to remove house tiles after 1.1 summer patch.
    • How to avoid it: Can't just remove, so don't add tiles unless you want it.
    • If you have it: Wait for fix. Destroy building and replan if can't wait.
  • Mobs unable to swim die from drowning
    • How to avoid it: Avoid being in caves that is close to the water layer.
    • If you have it: Get the mobs out immediately before they die from drown wound.
  • Concrete raises rock layer, but doesn't get updated when making mine entrances
    • How to avoid it: Avoid using concrete or mine entrances on them.
    • If you have it: Wait for fix, or don't make entrances or convert tiles into dirt.

Thread may be locked if needed.

• Like 7

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Xsamuraizx, March 18, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Xsamuraizx, March 18, 2013 - No reason given

FANTASTIC! Now as to he problems, FIX IT <grin> But thanks for this thread (and probably shouldnt allow non GM posts

Edited by Archaegeo

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Xsamuraizx, March 18, 2013 - No reason given

[18:41:30] Body control increased by 0.000044 to 25.923365

first time getting here, hope the unicorns are fixed in the next update :P

Thanks for the list!

View hidden Post
  View hidden Post

#1) should be fixed since a few weeks, any other new reports on that?

View hidden Post

Should be fixed, haven't seen anything new. Crossed it out.

Alright, will try this out. Players can post in here with link to a recent bug thread if they feel it's needed to tell people about it. I will keep them in this thread until it's fixed and I'll remove the posts.

I may add to list if it's needed.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Xsamuraizx, April 23, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Xsamuraizx, April 23, 2013 - No reason given

bleeding plan. north of runes keep x16,17 y22

#10 can be removed from the OP. Unicorns have been fixed.

Rummer-banding on what seems to be a dirt tile.

Examine will show "You see large entwined fungus roots on rotten grass."

Seems to be occurring on Freedom servers, and the description matches a Mycelium tile, even though it looks like dirt.

Workaround is to dig on one corner, which changes it to real dirt.

When going from Epic to freedom by an Epic portal the following happens:

The personal goals are the same, and the ones finished on Epic is finished on freedom also, but you dont get any Karma on freedom toon.

The skilltracker tracks the epic skills, tried to change to different skills and skills I just increased on freedom, but still stands on the skills I have on epic.

Spirit templars don't seem to be filling off deed lamps anymore, Many of us are having this same problem. With full on deed oil drums they still go out.

Cannot harvest olive trees with a sickle.  I keep getting a message indicating I cannot harvest with that item.

• Like 1

You don't seem to get the "destroy" option on walls. Tried on both stone and wood walls, on another building, even got rid of surrounding floors, nothing. I was able to destroy those same walls a few days ago.

The crops seemed to be bugged, it's been 4 days and they haven't grown at all. A lot of people in my server having the same problem. 

crops not growing on affliction and cannot be farmed as well.

You don't seem to get the "destroy" option on walls. Tried on both stone and wood walls, on another building, even got rid of surrounding floors, nothing. I was able to destroy those same walls a few days ago.

you only get this option on the top floor walls since 1.1, guess you have to work your way down to what ever floor you want to destroy one.

you only get this option on the top floor walls since 1.1, guess you have to work your way down to what ever floor you want to destroy one.

I do not get destroy option on any walls.

Affliction has gone weeks now with no crop or tree growth.

Heat changes despawning and respawning items. And I KNOW it's despawning and respawning rather than just shuffling, as using a glowing hot tool activated, it gets deactivated when it cools down a heat stage, which wouldnt make sense unless it was being despawned.

mass hysteria

Seriously though, fix this bug. It's a major issue and needs to be attended to immediately.