Sign in to follow this  
Mallaboro

Scaffolding In Houses

You don't have to read all of this, put short: Scaffolding would serve as a temporary floorboard that takes dmg over time allowing players to reach floors higher up. This means players don't have to waste a large number of resources just to build the floor design of their house.

If you didn't understand that, let me break it down into steps.

1. You can only plan the 3rd floor of a building by having the 2nd floor first.
  2. My suggestion is scaffolding which is a temporary substitute for floorboards.
  3. Floorboards require (something like) 11 planks and 2 nails and last forever.
  4. Scaffolding would require (something like) 3-4 planks and 1-2 nails and last 1-3 days.
  5. You'd use scaffolding so you can reach, (like in our example,) the 3rd floor from the 2nd floor, even though you only plan to have a floor on the first and third floor.

Hopefully that explains it a bit better.

I think it's a bit silly that people are burning through planks for floorboards which they're going to destroy.

Scaffolding may not be the correct word.

2005_2184.JPG

Edited by Mallaboro
  • Like 1

nah, -1.

It maybe seem silly but building higher up should require more work and materials.

nah, -1.

It maybe seem silly but building higher up should require more work and materials.

I don't understand what you mean. Why do you think it should require more materials? Do you mean more materials than it currently is, or more than I've suggested? Do you think floorboards don't require enough resources? Perhaps you don't understand my suggestion. I don't understand your dislike for the suggestion.

Edited by Mallaboro

+1 be handy to fix the roof if you try making a warehouse type building and no floor above to reach it.

But you should be able to go higher then only 1 floor.

As a compromise, I'd like to see us be able to get the materials from floors back when removed, even if there is a loss of ql (say 20% loss). Never saw the sense in completely destroying wood planks and nails when they could be recycled.

Edited by Vroomfondel

+1 be handy to fix the roof if you try making a warehouse type building and no floor above to reach it.

But you should be able to go higher then only 1 floor.

I didn't even think about that one, if you have a big 3 story high building with no floors built, so it is a big gallery type space, then what if part of the roof decays away, then you have to spend a larger number of materials to get up there instead of just a few to quickly reach where you want to get to for maintence and repair. This would still apply for walls very high up on a building.

+1

:EDIT:

Hahaha, well after reading Rey's post, maybe I need to wake up a bit more before I post something like that, didn't realize that that required so little mats to create ;D

Disregard my above post. (Sorry Mallaboro)

Edited by Shrimpiie