Sign in to follow this  
clint

Deed And Writ Ownership Management

I'm sure many of you have had this issue.

The mayor of your village goes offline for months and it hampers village growth, or perhaps somebody who owns a lot of writs

to a perticular area hasn't been on in ages and it's stopping an expansion.

My Idea is to add a small textbox at the bottom of writs and Settlement Forms that allow for the addition of a sort of safety owner.

You would type the name of a character into this box, and set a time period (scaling monthly from 1 month to 6 months)

If you were to be offline for this length of time, the ownership of the writ/deed would default to the person whom you named in said writ.

That way, if a mayor takes an extended leave from Wurm, he can safely set a 2nd in command to recieve ownership after a specific time period, letting the village get back on it's feet again.

Should the original owner then log back on, the writ/deed would be re-transferred to their character immediately.

it should be noted that this field can be left blank and the writ/deed would function normally.

Any comments, suggestions, questions?

i dont think it would solve the problem,what if both stop playing?

i dont think it would solve the problem,what if both stop playing?

True, but there's less chance of both stopping than just 1 stopping.

It would help the problem.

Alternatively, have 2 or 3 textboxes and add multiple names in order of preference.

Edited by clint

How about just a box to contain writs, that anyone with certain permissions can access? so the entire deed could even, if you trust everyone on the deed.

Token takes and stores writs

Ownership goes down the row of Citizens in order of joining the village

Ya no, if I'm offline for a longer period of time, I don't need my deed going into the hands of my villagers (no offense to my villagers). If they feel that the deed is no longer for them, then they can move away, which is completely fine. The idea much wouldn't be used, nor would make very many happy with the results :/

Unfort. I can't see a plausible solution in the balance for this kind of situation, just going to have to live with the results is all I can say.

Of course, this would be optional, so people who don't want to pass along their writs can still do that. But those who do benefit.

im against it - rather have a deed itself use up mor upkeep if it is abondend similar to houses - im waiting for a deed to disband (its already decaying) so i can epand my deed

Token takes and stores writs

Ownership goes down the row of Citizens in order of joining the village

This would also be a great idea.

Although I'd want to be able to modify the order of recieving villagers.

Just something that allows a Safe and organized transfer of Writs and Deeds.

Right now, large settlements are quite dependent on 1 or 2 players for practically all of the "paperwork".

And if they stop playing for a while... the entire village suffers.

We can't expect people to play forever, so having Something to easily and safely transfer ownership automatically... is a must in my books.

Edited by clint

Ya no, if I'm offline for a longer period of time, I don't need my deed going into the hands of my villagers (no offense to my villagers). If they feel that the deed is no longer for them, then they can move away, which is completely fine. The idea much wouldn't be used, nor would make very many happy with the results :/

Unfort. I can't see a plausible solution in the balance for this kind of situation, just going to have to live with the results is all I can say.

Thats why I suggested that the text box be optional in use.

It allows far more flexibility in the system.

Edited by clint