Sign in to follow this  
clint

Vanity Cart Suggestion

Basically my idea is to add a new cart to the game, a carriage.

Much in the same fashion as the Stagecoaches that wealthy people used to hire/own for personal transport.

See http://www.daz3d.com...coach-large.jpg

The Carriage would be a high end Fine carpentry item, a similar goal to Fine carpenters as the caravel is to boat makers in terms of skill.

It would be able to hold 4 passengers + 1 driver.

Passengers gain immunity to attack from creatures while riding, while driver is still open to attack.

Cart would have the same storage as a small cart, so it is purely a vanity item as it holds little to no advantage over the large cart.

Could be fitted with 2 hanging lanterns for added light source?

Rough idea for items required:

1 small wheel axle

1 large wheel axle (requiring roughly double the materials of a small one, and large wheels take iron ribbons)

Yoke

40 planks

6 large nails

16 small nails

4 iron ribbons

1 door lock or padlock (whichever is easiest to code for, either way, the cart is built 'locked')

2 lanterns

15kg square bits of cloth

10kg leather

2 rope

Something of that order of materials, with an expected fine carp level of 30-40+ to start and continue.

Comments?

Edited by clint
  • Like 2

As long as he adds the ability for them to tip over then sure (and be put upright with 90 strength) :P

As long as he adds the ability for them to tip over then sure (and be put upright with 90 strength) :P

Insanity!!! 89 strength for uprighting.... everyone knows that. xD

Passengers gain immunity to attack from creatures while riding, while driver is still open to attack.

Well with an added stipulation that passengers only get the immunity while there is a driver. No need to give players a way to easily jump out of dangerous situations and wait it out. Particularly on the PvP servers.

Several times over suggested ;D

Think it would make a nice addition to the game, +1

Well with an added stipulation that passengers only get the immunity while there is a driver. No need to give players a way to easily jump out of dangerous situations and wait it out. Particularly on the PvP servers.

Yeahhh...this can't be a mobile safe house haha.

True, i suppose it would cause issues there...

However, the driver can still be attacked directly remember, so It would be an Immobile safe house since any attempt to make it mobile would lead to being attacked.

But i see your point. Deploy a few as 'bunkers' and use them for PvP purposes would cause balance issues.

Perhaps, giving immunity to creatures and not players would solve that issue.

Or just scrapping the immunity thing all together, it was just an idea.

Edited by clint

your telling me i can carry a 100kg tree but wont be able to upright a carriage

Sarcasm my friend.

Sarcasm.

If they were ever tippable, you'd be able to upright them again.

If:

+ Passenger are safe for attacks but creature will attack the cart immediatly if there is no driver

+ It can hitch 4 horses and is a bit faster then large cart

+ needs a higher body control to be commanded

then i like the idea ^^