Sign in to follow this  
Archaegeo

What Could Be Done To Encourage People To Get Off Their...deeds?

You do realize that not every coder is working on bridges right?

And it's not about missions, they are just an example.

It's about anything unique out in the world that would give people reasons to go explore rather than stay on their, mostly solo, deeds because everything they need is there

You do realize that not every coder is working on bridges right?

If you had read what i wrote you would realize i am fully aware that not every coder is working on bridges , as i wrote " I would rather Rolf and the dev team spend their time fixing the currently broken or buggy features we already have and adding ones we have been waiting for a while now ( ie bridges ) ".

Not sure where that says they are all working on bridges.

If people wish to explore there is nothing at all stopping them from doing so, there is no invisible barrier keeping them on their deeds. They are on deed because that is where they wish to be, while those that explore are out doing exactly that or hunting etc.

Adding things in like " quests " ( For Example ) just adds things are really are not needed In My Opinion at this moment in time.

There is nothing stopping players from running events etc if they choose to for those who wish to take part in that.

Edited by Kediec

There is no king on freedom lol. Also what ago said is not a weak reason. Missions are still bugged and pointless too. Also i dont see a problem with people staying on their deeds? Go to a pvp server if you dont like it .

• Like 1

Epic servers get missions. Why dont we?

We have missions on Freedom. They don't do anything, but that doesn't mean you cant go and sacrifice 500 mixed grass when Vynora asks you to.

• Like 1

We have missions on Freedom. They don't do anything, but that doesn't mean you cant go and sacrifice 500 mixed grass when Vynora asks you to.

They give karma actually

There is no king on freedom lol. Also what ago said is not a weak reason. Missions are still bugged and pointless too. Also i dont see a problem with people staying on their deeds? Go to a pvp server if you dont like it .

Oh reary? I believe there is a king on freedom ;)

Oh reary? I believe there is a king on freedom ;)

Yup, Elite is the king of Freedom.

Well this has been a delightful read and am looking forward to a new thread from Archaegeo about their community event/treasure hunt/hunting quest/mission.

Everyone has their own way to enjoy the game, whether it be on deed spamming and enjoying the local scenery, or off deed exploring, enjoying an adventure. In my case, I occasionally get a little tired of being cooped up, so I might just pick a spot on the map and say, "Lets spend 3 or so RL days going there and exploring every little village along the way". It gets me off the deed, while not leaving things sitting to long while I'm gone.

Even though i am more of a hermit (i hope i wasn't the inspiration for this thread mister neighbour lol) i have made similar threads in the past.

I had the idea to implement non-deedable areas which could be mapped to provide "dungeons" of some sort, with a reward to show off on your deed. Or just non-deedable areas which have "special" resources, like trees that can only be sprouted, but not cut.

Basically areas that you can go to to get something unique for your deed. Because that would definetely make me go explore more.

Unfortunately, even though the ideas would be merely additions that nobody would be forced to be part in, most of the people here seem VERY protective and conservative when it comes to new gameplay additions (must be another symptom of wurm paranoia hehe).

Yup, Elite is the king of Freedom.

haha! , I am the ruler of these many islands.

Everyone has their own way to enjoy the game, whether it be on deed spamming and enjoying the local scenery, or off deed exploring, enjoying an adventure. In my case, I occasionally get a little tired of being cooped up, so I might just pick a spot on the map and say, "Lets spend 3 or so RL days going there and exploring every little village along the way". It gets me off the deed, while not leaving things sitting to long while I'm gone.

carekeeper alts are worth it so your main can do this. The carekeeper logs on long enough to farm and ranch and probably on so short no need to feed themselves.