Sign in to follow this  
eTag

Merchant For Newbs Opening Soon!(Edited)

new MERCHANT opening soon!!!

in DELI!!!

this merchant is designed with the newb in mind....

read on for full details...it could help you be set for life in the wurm world..

ok basically this is a merchant with the newb in mind...

now i know your thinking...

"but most newbs don't have coin!"

and this is true...but with a quick stop at the merchant they can find a job board...

the two neighbors of this merchant are willing to give jobs and pay a few coins in exchange..

now most must be thinking well where is this...

(pics will come later)

but it's easy...there will be signs from greendog...

and it's only a 3min walk from greendog...

next to tabula rose and mookton...

around 20x 32y...

now you must wonder...what stops other high level players from taking advantage...

nothing..other then most of the items are going to be low ql...

just starter items that they can get going with...

and even if they do...they still have to pay...

so...when the newb market is open i will add pics and directions...

thanks for reading..

EDITED

(changed the wording since that is what everyone is tripping off of....)

(one word misused and everyone hates...Thanks ppl)

Edited by eTag
  • Like 1

Mmm, sounds promising indeed, can't wait to see some pictures and get a feel for the place :)

what can others do to help out?

I dont want to be the bad guy here but why plan it so close to an already establish market which is Puzzle Plaza?

too close to PP

no reason to make new :L

make it somewhere NW or N..

I think at echo lake it would work because many noobs have ran there from GD xD

Guys keep in mind that this is mostly about two deeds (Mookton and Tabula Rose?) taking care of the newbs. So placing this one anywhere else would be pointless.

Also a separate low profile market will help them from not getting lost in Puzzle Plaza. Plus PP is almost twice the distance from GD.

ok ok...let me clarify...it's not a massive market...just a single merch...with prices about 1/20th of that of the gd merch....and my deed and neighbor are running small jobs for ppl here and there...so offering to take newbs with us to show them the land and toss them a few coin for the help...

nothing major...just a lil help to start people out.. and a few coins to get someone running...

as for what you can do to help...need signs pointing the way...and publicity once it opens...other then that...most of teh produc will come from my farm..and other newbs in the area...

as for what you can do to help...need signs pointing the way..

Nooooooo. Please don't put signs everywhere littering up the area, as they will have little impact upon directing new players to your "single merchant". If it is just a single merchant you could even put it on GD perimiter along the lake that leads in your direction, as a suggesion. And what happens when you decide to no longer run and stock this merchant, will all these *signs* be removed? I highly doubt it.

To be clear, I have no objections to your merchant project, just your endorsement of putting signs eveywhere and the excess of encouraging others to do the same. Signs last looooong after other signs of player presence are long gone; but of course you will do what you will do, unless perhaps a moment of reflection turns your head in another direction.

Anyway you seem to have a good intent behind it all, so I wish you success in your endeavor, minus the signs of course.

=Ayes=

too close to PP

no reason to make new :L

make it somewhere NW or N..

I think at echo lake it would work because many noobs have ran there from GD xD

Between echo and bear lakes would be fine enough.

Way too close to PPM. don't need a market around there parts with ppm there. Just open a Noob Stall forget about the whole market thing. Many have failed before. If you do it I hope it works out .and you Spell My deed like this "Mookton". GL.

Edited by monctonclown

pretty much its somewhere you can work and you can take your money into that market or walk to PP which is really close :D i like it

If there's just one merchant there, that you've placed, selling items that are affordable for new players, I'm a bit lost as to why you're calling it a market (I know, there are jobs new players can get too, but that isn't a market).

wow almost everyone here has attacked them for making a place to help new players, why not encourage and help them rather than rage. Prices at PPM are high and no noob is gunna pay for it if he doesn't have the money in real life to buy coin so don't worry the intention of this market was not to steal from your profits. Besides this is a sandbox game if im not mistaken so if they wanted to make another marketplace then they are free to do so.

thanks for the support judusX...

edited the post since everyone is so picky about wording...

hpefully i can get support now instead of all that ^^^^