Sign in to follow this  
shunt

Paint/dye

So I have been playing around with paint a little bit and it is very difficult to get a color that you want because of the quality issue of the ingredients.

Also, it is difficult to repeat a desired color.

So it got me thinking about how to accomplish this.

Suggestion:

As your Alchemy/Natural Substances Skill increases, you should get a color pallet slider tool that allows you to pick the desired color that you want, from the type of ingredients you are working with.

So say at 20 Alchemy the slider is available but your color spectrum range is very narrow. As your skill increase, the color scale widens so you have a broader range to choose.

Any thoughts on this?

I think it would make the Wurm world like a lot nicer, and also make Paint a better market product to sell as well.

Shunt

Anything is an improvement to the current system. I assume it is an area of the game that is getting some development time. That said I dont think a color slider is something that fits the game at this time. It would reduce the experimentation nature that is there now.

Making it easier to reproduce standard QL dyes, and better control to thin them out would be very nice (based more on NS skill than the ql of the mats). Then a player can have greater chance to mix and match according to their own experimenting with better repeatability. Now it takes alot of luck to find a shade that you want and then try to match it at a later time.

Combine this with better control on just what we are painting/dyeing. ie.. the wheels of a cart or the sail of a sailboat rather than the whole thing.

Edited by Pollo

I think is ok as is, you can improve dyes using basic components now, thats a great help. And besides you ns skill being high enougth, there is certain tricks of the trade yo need to learn about how to and wen to mix to get the rigth colors, i like it.

I think is ok as is, you can improve dyes using basic components now, thats a great help. And besides you ns skill being high enougth, there is certain tricks of the trade yo need to learn about how to and wen to mix to get the rigth colors, i like it.

I guess I will have to learn those tricks...it would be nice to selectively paint different parts but I imagine that requires changing the code for said item to break it down into its parts. That could be complicated no?

Thanks for the input